DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I have had my soft top adjusted twice now. The first time was the brackes on each side were not the same. Corrected, and the soft top closed perfectly lined up with the brackets use to clamp shut

the second time was this week and I was told when putting the top back, army what side I am folding it from as the brackets get bent if doing it by myself.

anyone else hear that?
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah Iā€™ve noticed the entire top frame can shift toward one side when you lift the top alone. Iā€™ve marked up my roll cage a little because of it. Iā€™ve fiddled with and adjusted most of the hinges and brackets on mine because my top would NOT latch closed after I opened it the first time. Iā€™ve got it now to where the front and mid latches do what theyā€™re supposed to do, but the latch in the rear still doesnā€™t work when the top is all the way back.

OP
OP
DD214

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the reply. There is a fair bit of play in the top. I have yet to put the top all the way back, but I do fold it back often.

MiddleAgeGeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m having the same problem. First the middle latch wouldnā€™t catch and now I canā€™t latch the front at all. Is there any adjustments I can do or is this a dealer fix? I am NOT handy.

are they trying to say you cant move the soft top back one position alone??? That would be moronic.

Ford Bronco Soft top alignment is off 31E8EBEC-14F4-4196-9DC7-F5B50A462B22

Ford Bronco Soft top alignment is off 723E4F32-9715-4266-A679-3CB1610706E2

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That middle latch (over the B-pillar area) can be a PITA. I find I need to "drop" the soft top frame from a couple inches up, and this force alone will ensure it catches properly.

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m having the same problem. First the middle latch wouldnā€™t catch and now I canā€™t latch the front at all. Is there any adjustments I can do or is this a dealer fix? I am NOT handy.

are they trying to say you cant move the soft top back one position alone??? That would be moronic.

When I first got mine it would do like your picture but only when. The mid latches above the rear doors werenā€™t latched. So now I double check and try to lift back up to make sure they are latched.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Had the same exact problem 2 days ago and Iā€™ve only had the top back less than a handful of times. Just purchased protectors for the pillars in the back since the one side is already removing paint. Following along for solutions to the B pillar and A pillar latches not closing or lining up correctly

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had hell after I put my top down the first time. I wound up have to adjust the front brackets (above the windshield) backward. To do that you simply loosen the two bolts with a torx plus bit from the top side of each bracket. Slide the bracket where you want it and tighten the bolts back down.
The mid latch points work pretty well for me as long as I drop the top from a few inches above. However, the latches will not engage when I fold the top all the way back. I still need to work on those a bit.

MiddleAgeGeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took mine into the dealer this morning. They said the soft top frame is bent and they're ordered a replacement. Supposedly frames will be off backorder next week and shipped to the dealer. I told him about the forum posts and that others are having the problem and resolving by adjusting the latch plates - but he stuck with the bent frame as the problem.

OP
OP
DD214

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took mine into the dealer this morning. They said the soft top frame is bent and they're ordered a replacement. Supposedly frames will be off backorder next week and shipped to the dealer. I told him about the forum posts and that others are having the problem and resolving by adjusting the latch plates - but he stuck with the bent frame as the problem.
yeah so mine did not adjust the latch plates. He just, well, bent them back and stated to switch off the side I use when opening with one person.

Oisinirish

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 4 door. Sasquatch. Manual
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I have the top latched in above the rear doors the driverā€™s side front wonā€™t line up with its hole and latch in. If I unlatch above the the rear door it closes fine. Just noticed today it was never latched above the rear doors.
Sponsored