Kubik603

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Base Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone else having an issue with the top of a window popping out/open when driving? It doesn’t happen all the time but it will do it at least once a week. It’s dependent on the wind and the direction it’s blowing. Rolling it down and back up doesn’t fix the problem. I have to open the door and close it to make it reseal and then it still doesn’t stay. I will also add that when opening and closing that door the window will rattle around and make noise, none of the others do this.

I have taken it to my dealer. They want to order new weather stripping but I’m not confident in that being the solution. Any ideas or anyone else with this problem??

FB8F57C0-A476-469A-8912-3DF316D2C4FE.jpeg
Sponsored

jas129

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has done that a couple of times in severe cross winds. I've also read of others here. I don't think weatherstripping will fix it... The whole window design on these is terrible.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No issues here and the design is the same as any other coupe with no frame...

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe they need to be adjusted? Try the fix for the Bronco window rattle to see if that helps.

OP
OP
Kubik603

Kubik603

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Base Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe they need to be adjusted? Try the fix for the Bronco window rattle to see if that helps.

Definitely worth a shot! Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has done that a couple of times in severe cross winds. I've also read of others here. I don't think weatherstripping will fix it... The whole window design on these is terrible.
I was told Ford did this so they are easier to store. I would rather have the door with tracks as on the....spoiler alert....close your eyes...JEEP! The day will come when this gets changed.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone else having an issue with the top of a window popping out/open when driving? It doesn’t happen all the time but it will do it at least once a week. It’s dependent on the wind and the direction it’s blowing. Rolling it down and back up doesn’t fix the problem. I have to open the door and close it to make it reseal and then it still doesn’t stay. I will also add that when opening and closing that door the window will rattle around and make noise, none of the others do this.

I have taken it to my dealer. They want to order new weather stripping but I’m not confident in that being the solution. Any ideas or anyone else with this problem??

Ford Bronco Window Popping Open FB8F57C0-A476-469A-8912-3DF316D2C4FE
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had my drivers window pop out like that while doing 75mph with a 40mph cross winds on the interstate. Found the first exit I could, cycled the window up/down and slowed my speed down and had no more issues that day.

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did this about 2 months ago. It worked immediately to eliminate the rattle, way better than when I brought it to the dealer.

After about 2 months, Ive noticed it has come back however it is less severe and the margin of being open in wich it rattles seems to have been reduced.

Just my personal experience. Was easy and quick enough to do.
Sponsored