First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will this scratch the glass at all or do you think the material the gutter guard is made of too soft to scratch it?
The bottom gasket of the gutter guard is very soft plastic, no possibility of scratching the glass. Note that Home Depot does not appear to sell the $5 version with the finer mesh anymore. They sell one with bigger wholes who are completely useless against flying critters. Lowes still has the el cheapo version with the finer mesh. Will not be good for no-see-ums but anything larger it will be fine. If you need no-see-ums I suggest buying the HD one, and glueing no-see-um mesh yourself to one side.

I understand why Ford did the frameless doors but the tradeoffs of that choice seem to not be worth it. The little sliding of the glass up and down on every door operation is a reliability risk waiting to happen. The frameless design prevents proper ventilation during camping, which Ford claims was a big consideration in the design of the vehicle. I am guessing that the number of people who sleep in their Bronco exceed by at least 10:1 the number of people who a) take off their doors and b) want to store it in the back of the vehicle after taking them. This and several other features are examples where the marketing spiel has degraded useability and long term reliability. The hard top is another example. My Jeep's hard top felt bullet proof. The MIC feels like a paper toy ready to break. I recently learned from that ADV video that the MIC is literally a paper toy.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TKE_273

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi Allroad, Lowered on KW Coilovers
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Will this scratch the glass at all or do you think the material the gutter guard is made of too soft to scratch it?

The gutter guard I bought is a plastic material and has a rubber groove that you slide into the top of the window. 👍

29AGAIN

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1929 Ford Roadster, 2019 Tesla MS, 2022 Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dream accessory solution would be for one or more of the aftermarket manufacturers to create replacement windows for the soft tops that slide and clip into the same mountings that the 3 stock soft windows fit.

my dream replacement windows would have insect proof screen permanently fixed on the outside, with a soft vinyl clear (tinted) fixed along the horizontal bottom edge inside and zippered up one vertical edge, across the top, and down the other vertical edge, creating a flap that would hang inside the truck when open.

This would solve for:
- Ventilation when camping
- ventilation while driving
- shedding rain when caught out and away from home

I would buy these and leave them in 365.
Ford? Mabett? IAG?

29AGAIN

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1929 Ford Roadster, 2019 Tesla MS, 2022 Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey! We’re halfway there!
Thank you for the link- never saw that accy. before.

I thought softies were all you could buy these days?? 😁
Sponsored