Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Wrangler Rhino Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I searched the forum a bit and can't find the resolution. My driver side rear window wont stay up when I hit the button. I goes all the way up and immediately back down. Has anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine sometimes has windows issues like that. Cycle fully down and fully up 3 or 4 times fixes it for me

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I searched the forum a bit and can't find the resolution. My driver side rear window wont stay up when I hit the button. I goes all the way up and immediately back down. Has anyone else had this issue?
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s window concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a Fotd feature. Eventually they will all do it. Sometimes following the reset method works, sometimes taking the door apart and looking for corroded terminals works, or bring it to the dealer and they will tell you they have never seen this problem before.

Sponsored

2021AreaFiftyOneOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My driver side front window did this to me tonight when parking in the garage. It jumps back to the half-way point very fast. I had to cycle it 4-5 times holding the button down for an extra 5 seconds each time down and up and it finally stayed. That was fun. Good thing I wasn’t in the downpour outside.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My driver side front window did this to me tonight when parking in the garage. It jumps back to the half-way point very fast. I had to cycle it 4-5 times holding the button down for an extra 5 seconds each time down and up and it finally stayed. That was fun. Good thing I wasn’t in the downpour outside.
Hi there! I can look into your Bronco’s driver side window concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This stuff happens on Tesla’s as well, probably have to relearn the window. Work at a tint shop and on occasion we have to relearn/reprogram the windows on cars that have frameless windows. Usually you press and hold the window switch for a set amount of time up then down then up again. Each car is different. Anyway, hope this points you in the right direction.

BCA

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explore Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had this happen last night, 500 miles on the vehicle and the passenger side front window wouldn’t stay up. I ended up opening the door and putting the window up and it stayed. i will have to see if it does it again today and maybe try resetting it. Disappointing that this issue is happening after only having the vehicle for 2 weeks

Jett_McCrazy

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This just happened to me. Only 200 miles it and it’s already happened. Took me a while to get it to go back up. Drivers side as well.

Sponsored

Emily

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been having this issue with the driver's side and now the passenger side is doing it. It took me five times before they stayed up. Not cool when it's raining.

Stevem752

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 outer banks bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From what I'm thinking it's a safety feature the window control thinks someone or something is stuck between it and the window sill.
I had it happen once on a rear window the other day. I just opened the door ran it up and down a couple of times.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This happened to me at the beach. Passenger front would hit the top up position and then very quickly retract all the way down. Went up/down multiple times before resolving somehow. Happened again last weekend, but just once. I will try the reset.

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s still about 50/50 for me on my front passenger window. It doesn’t go all the way up and back down - it stops half way up when auto roll up. Then the auto-up doesnt work for the rest of the cycle … need to hold the button for the rest of the way. It’s more of an annoyance than anything. Hope the dealer can correct when I go in.

Dillydally

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.7 hardtop lux non-squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My passenger window is doing this as well. When trying to close the window, it goes all the way up until closed, then immediately changes it mind and auto opens all the way to the bottom. I have driven this vehicle about 5 times since purchasing it brand new and so far the heater doesn't work properly and the windows don't close. I'm starting to see a pattern emerge.
Sponsored