Tswag

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We don’t get a ton of snow where I am, but driving through the mountain passes late last year my headlights iced over really bad. You can see from my picture below - light bar, license plate, etc. Couldn’t even wipe them clean, as they were frozen solid with a thick layer of ice.

I love LED headlights but I wish automotive manufacturers would solve this issue. Whether it be similar to a mirror defroster or just directing warm engine air into them - There must be a way.

D5896BDA-09BC-466A-A05B-68DBAADE4A40.jpeg
I'm sure if you turned on your light bar those lights would have melted off the snow with the higher output. I have had a few Baja designs lights out in the rain and the heat evaporates all the moisture off. Sadly probably cant use those on road. They do make defrosters for snowplow lights (below).
Ford Bronco Windshield, Headlight and Sensor Ice 1674967465463
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure if you turned on your light bar those lights would have melted off the snow with the higher output. I have had a few Baja designs lights out in the rain and the heat evaporates all the moisture off. Sadly probably cant use those on road. They do make defrosters for snowplow lights (below).
Ford Bronco Windshield, Headlight and Sensor Ice 1674967465463
Unfortunately you’re right - I was driving on a busy highway so no time to melt it off by turning them on. Y headlights were my bigger concern.

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My parking sensors are warning blocked — +32° day with highway mist followed by 1° temps and I’ve had to turn the system off. Nothing visible, and cameras look clear. Over a week not working yet, will just have to wait until it warms up.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Silicone spray.