Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you don't like what snow and ice are doing to the sensors, you are really not going to like what it does to the headlights and wipers.
Sponsored

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't like what snow and ice are doing to the sensors, you are really not going to like what it does to the headlights and wipers.
Lol - right. Itā€™s Fords fault that snow causes issues. I hate that when itā€™s hot in my town that my vinyl seats are warm - canā€™t believe Ford did this! šŸ˜‚ and the visibility issue I have when it rains is ridiculous!!!

My BMW sensors would get blocked too. I donā€™t actually know if any car with this feature.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol - right. Itā€™s Fords fault that snow causes issues. I hate that when itā€™s hot in my town that my vinyl seats are warm - canā€™t believe Ford did this! šŸ˜‚ and the visibility issue I have when it rains is ridiculous!!!

My BMW sensors would get blocked too. I donā€™t actually know if any car with this feature.
The temerity of Ford to not install a force field that repels all precipitation from the general vicinity of the vehicle is unbelievable. How am I going to watch TikTok if I have to spend all my time judging distances for myself and monitoring road conditions?!

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m still trying to sue ford for the last time it rained and my bronco got wet. 2022 and we canā€™t get some kind of auto umbrella?

Sponsored

Burddog

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those of you living in the snow belt you may experience a warning message indicating front sensor blocked. In my case itā€™s was snow and ice caked on the sensor. You have to pull over and wipe off the sensor if you want your adaptive cruise back on. You would think FORD who built ,designed and more importantly road tested this vehicle in the Michigan could have discovered this issue. May be they will find some way of sending heat to this sensor,to keep it defrosted.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in North Idaho where weā€™ve had like 4 ft of snow in the last few weeks. My sensors are going off constantlyā€”not ACC since I have high pkg, but parking assist sensor and camera alerts like crazy. Very annoying. More concerning, twice my wipers have started to accumulate huge amounts of ice during snow eventsā€”-the first time I was driving late at night, home from airport, and the ice block was over 6 inches square, hugely inhibiting visibility and there was no safe place to pull over. Second time was not as significant, when driving through freezing rain/sleet/snow. Was no snow on the wipers when I started to drive, and max defrost could did not help.
While I know this is a ACC sensor thread, Iā€˜m wondering if the cold windshield might be impacted by the angle?

Maybe since the air hits the glass in a more direct angle, more cold seeps in (or more technically: causes more heat loss) than a traditional windshield.

Not saying the defrost doesnā€™t / shouldnā€™t keep up, just thinking of potential reasonsā€¦

JenB

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep LJ, 2021 4DR Badlands, 2023 DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do think it has something to do with the windshield angle. Am surprised no one else had this issue. As to some of the other comments, Iā€™m not an idiot. I know how to clear off and defrost a windshield. But when driving at night, coming out of a garage with a clear windshield, into a snowstorm, on a rural highway that does have traffic, I donā€™t think itā€™s normal to have to pull off and totally scrape away snow and ice that accumulates faster than can be cleared away by defroster and wipers and has completely obscured visibility. A big square of snow riding on the wipers. It was certainly stressful, and happened more than once. I chose a Bronco with the belief it was built for gnarlier conditions. (Never had this problem with my 2007 jeep LJ btw). Still love my Bronco, just wanted people to be aware.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While I know this is a ACC sensor thread, Iā€˜m wondering if the cold windshield might be impacted by the angle?

Maybe since the air hits the glass in a more direct angle, more cold seeps in (or more technically: causes more heat loss) than a traditional windshield.

Not saying the defrost doesnā€™t / shouldnā€™t keep up, just thinking of potential reasonsā€¦
The windshield angle does have an impact but not from the outside. It's from the inside and how the defroster hits the glass. This was a big issue on FJ's and likely is on Bronco's.
Sponsored