First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my bronco a week ago, loving the hell out of it. The 4 Banger is super nice with the 7spd, Definitely faster than my Gladiator Rubicon. Does anyone else think the wireless charger is useless? I put my Note 20 on it today and its was at 50% 45 minutes later i was only at 53% and when im on the phone and its charging you can here it constantly turning on and off.
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got my bronco a week ago, loving the hell out of it. The 4 Banger is super nice with the 7spd, Definitely faster than my Gladiator Rubicon. Does anyone else think the wireless charger is useless? I put my Note 20 on it today and its was at 50% 45 minutes later i was only at 53% and when im on the phone and its charging you can here it constantly turning on and off.
Ah yes
Don't have my Bronco yet but some I know that have, said the same thing.

It gets even worse when you have wireless Android (or apple) auto going. The battery will drain, all but rendering the wireless charger useless
Kinda sucks to be honest but I didn't anticipate a car manufacturer mastering wireless charging yet.

My recommendation? Use the wireless charger for your sleeping passenger on those long road trips. PLUG your phone in because likely you be using its computing power for waze/spotify/etc

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sounds like you may have a bad case. I have seen this with charging plates. Either the case is crappy or the base/plate is crappy. I sure hope Ford didn’t put a crappy base considering a 50k vehicle and the fact that it is exposed to the elements, not sitting in a control environment like a house or business

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread pops up every couple of days.

Wireless charging was promising several years ago but the tech isn't quite there. I stopped using it since it just tends to heat up phones.

Meanwhile, USB-C charging is super fast so I am happy we get a USB-C port.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have zero intention of using the wireless charger or Apple CarPlay wirelessly. I’ve always used a cord and it won’t kill me to use it when my bronco shows up. I’ve heard nothing but bad things about the wireless charging
Sponsored