Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Received this Wolfbox jump starter from them this week and was asked to do an “interview” of it. The communication that led to me getting this complementary starter was mixed at best.

Anywho, my old Noco jump starter died after I’d used it to attempt to start a Continental that went fully dead. Even after multiple attempts with the new Noco I also have (shown in this comparison) there was no reviving of the battery. Ended up having to use the GR Corolla to finally get it going. Thus a complementary charger was welcome, hopefully don’t have any problems with it.

Main issue with this review is I don’t have any dead batteries (maybe the Continental will die again?) to test the Wolfbox alongside my trusty Noco. So I’ll do it based on the packaging of the jump starters and the information readily available. For the specs of the Noco I’ll be comparing it against the GB50 as that is currently available for the same price of the Wolfbox (both listed at $150).

• On the surface the Wolfbox comes with a much nicer carrying case vs the microfiber bag the Noco comes with, the cases available for the Noco are also $20 which is 1/5 the cost of the GB40 I currently have, bit ridiculous.
  • The cables and clamps of the Noco seem to be much higher quality than the Wolfbox. The Noco has metal all the way up the clips and the quality of the plastic is also better. The gauge and temp rating of the cables is said to be the same between the GB40 I have and Wolfbox.
  • The charging & auxiliary charging of the Noco could use some upgrading. While most things around me use USB C, for some reason the Noco is charged with USB A and has a USB A output. Also uses the old two pronged input for charging. Wolfbox thankfully has a USB C input and output. One small perk for Noco is it comes with a cigarette adapter for charging the pack. No clue how long it’d take to fully charge it after a jump though.

Specs of the GB50 vs Wolfbox
Noco:
  • Starts 7 liters gas engines / 4.5 liter diesel engines (or is it the opposite? Their site contradicts itself lol)
  • 30 jump starts single charge
  • 1 yr warranty
  • 6 phone charges
  • 200 lumen flashlight
  • 1500 starting amps (peak)
  • 5v 2.1 amp usb output
  • 34 watt hour lithium ion internal battery
  • IP65 Rated (with ports closed)
Wolfbox (the specs are not nearly as cleanly laid out as Noco’s)
  • 4000 amp peak current
  • IP64 rated
  • Starts Gas / Diesel engines up to 10 liters
  • 24000 mAH battery
And that’s about all I found that was clearly labeled.

If it were me buying it? I’d go with the Michelin jump starter from Costco like I originally planned to replace my Noco with. Costco has a great return policy, Michelin is a trusted company, and I already had a Noco die on me. Just my 2¢

Below are pics comparing the Noco GB40 vs the Wolfbox. Ideally I’ll never need to use this, but will update if I do.

@Daniela at 3W Auto Life

Ford Bronco Wolfbox Jump Starter & Noco Comparison IMG_3546

Ford Bronco Wolfbox Jump Starter & Noco Comparison IMG_3547

Ford Bronco Wolfbox Jump Starter & Noco Comparison IMG_3548

Ford Bronco Wolfbox Jump Starter & Noco Comparison IMG_3550

Ford Bronco Wolfbox Jump Starter & Noco Comparison IMG_3552

Ford Bronco Wolfbox Jump Starter & Noco Comparison IMG_3553

Ford Bronco Wolfbox Jump Starter & Noco Comparison IMG_3557

Ford Bronco Wolfbox Jump Starter & Noco Comparison IMG_3554

Ford Bronco Wolfbox Jump Starter & Noco Comparison IMG_3559

Ford Bronco Wolfbox Jump Starter & Noco Comparison IMG_3560
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received the Wolfbox for testing as well. So far it's has boosted two V8s, a diesel tractor and a UTV on a single charge as well as several tablet charges and using the light...still showing 70% power left. I'm satisfied with the performance.