Sponsored

Would it be dumb to change my reservation at this point?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Outside of the First Edition, my gut tells me it's not going to matter as much as we think. It wont matter until we actually place a real order.

Why do I think this? Based upon the sheer number of options available. So I chose the Outer Banks. I want a hard top, and a 2.7, maybe some 'squatch. If at that point I said, "forget it, just give me a Wildtrak," I cant imagine the answer would be no. Think about if you reserve a base, but decide you'd rather spent 50k on an upper model - would they say no?

I could be wrong. If I am, that's okay for me, as I like what I chose.

My greatest fear is Ford, via the dealers, wont really give a crap about us. I really hope they put effort into taking care of those of us who cared enough to reserve one.
I agree with you on that. It probably won't matter. And even for all of us who say we reserved a spot... that really doesn't do much either. If I had to guess, I'd assume Ford may try to bang out whichever model has the most sales 1st. So let's just say for the hell of it that 45% of all pre-order/reserves are Base models. I'd think Ford would do a nice big run of Base models to get them out and money coming in, and then move on to the next most popular. So maybe you ordered your Outer Banks model 15k people ahead of me, but I went Base and it's more popular so I get it first?!?!

But like I said, all just a theory of mine.
Sponsored

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also says you can change the dealer on your res, but that is confirmed to not be possible.
Hmmmm. Where has this been confirmed? I haven't checked with my dealer, but I'm definitely not paying a mark up, and I was counting on switching if it was an issue.

Ya' got me nervous!

Brendanq

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmmmm. Where has this been confirmed? I haven't checked with my dealer, but I'm definitely not paying a mark up, and I was counting on switching if it was an issue.

Ya' got me nervous!
I called the ford support number on the reservation site, they said nope, you’re only chance is if ford marketing can do it . Called marketing and they said cancel your res and create a new. Like half their calls are people wanting to change dealers. Maybe it will change at some point.

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called the ford support number on the reservation site, they said nope, you’re only chance is if ford marketing can do it . Called marketing and they said cancel your res and create a new. Like half their calls are people wanting to change dealers. Maybe it will change at some point.
Thanks for the heads up. I found the thread. Yikes. I'll give it a month before I get too worked up. They created this monster, I'll give them time to see if they can sort it out.

If they cant, I'll join the other dissenting voices and be sure they hear me.

Sponsored

TJ1007

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you only have 1 reservation, I would. There's been no guarantee you can switch trims, and in fact, all the info we have indicates that once you select a trim you're locked in (except for First Editions, apparently).
Trims are not set until you place your order besides first editions

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out Ford's response to your question:

Can I make changes to my reservation?

You will be able to make changes and complete your Bronco configuration at the time you place your order. *

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/#here_is_how_it_works

Based on this information, you can keep your current reservation and still order the Bronco trim level of your liking, when you've finally made up your mind.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I suggest making the second reservation first and then canceling the first reservation online.
I would not cancel my first reservation until the order banks open and it’s confirmed you can’t change ( which I don’t believe will be the case)

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I originally chose the big ben but I'm now thinking I want the outer banks. I definitely want the mid package and a standard transmission. I also may opt for the leather seats.
Call your dealer before you do anything.
It is my understanding you can change almost anything until you submit your order and you can still change a few after that for a short time.
Sponsored