Sponsored

Trying to switch order from BB to OBX - told it would push my reservation back probably to 2022

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

HI I had a BB with a bunch of options and decided that I want to go OBX with hi package.
Have a day 1 reservation. But no scheduled build (it's a 2door with tow hitch).

My sales rep at ford in nj says that they can't change models (couple probably take off tow, but not switch it to obx).

Now I read everyone's emails saying you can change up until vin # created, but has anyone successfully switch models and not had their priority get pushed back.?

Also, anyone I can escalate to?
Not trying to throw him under the bus, he's been really great. I just want what I want.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JermSells

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He is incorrect. You can modify your order anytime up the time it is scheduled. It could delay your production depending upon commodity constraints. The time stamp of your reservation is lower on the list of prioritization factors. Ask to speak with the Manager who is handling the order bank. If that person doubles down on it, tell them it is a chance you are willing to take. You'll be right, they'll be wrong.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was under the impression that you could not change the model, only trim and accessories for the model you ordered.

got_G.O.A.T.?

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was able to change my order from a BD SAS to a BaseSquatch just a couple of weeks ago. It took a few days, some persistence plus several texts and emails but the dealer got it done. I told my sales guy that there was communication directly from Ford stating changes could be made and I also told him I knew of several dealerships that were making changes. I did tell him I got my info from a forum, but did not tell him which one. Didn't want the guy snooping around.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was under the impression that you could not change the model, only trim and accessories for the model you ordered.
Not true according to Granger.

Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

HI I had a BB with a bunch of options and decided that I want to go OBX with hi package.
Have a day 1 reservation. But no scheduled build (it's a 2door with tow hitch).

My sales rep at ford in paramus nj says that they can't change models (couple probably take off tow, but not switch it to obx).

Now I read everyone's emails saying you can change up until vin # created, but has anyone successfully switch models and not had their priority get pushed back.?

Also, anyone I can escalate to?
Not trying to throw him under the bus, he's been really great. I just want what I want.
Thanks in advance.
Definitely not true, Granger changed mine. About 15 minutes after I supplied my new build I had an updated Ford order. Less than 2 weeks ago.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not true, you can change trims or anything until you have a VIN. Got this directly from Stephens last week.
Sponsored