SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the extra pep in Sport mode, I don't care for the extra rpm's it holds when you get to cruising speed.
That's part of its beauty.
Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the extra pep in Sport mode, I don't care for the extra rpm's it holds when you get to cruising speed.
A pedal commander or whatever they're called would probably be the ideal solution for you, as all sport mode really does is change transmission shift points and make the throttle move more with less pedal travel (same things as putting the throttle cable on a closer hole with a carb to make the throttle open with less pedal). You get no additional power from sport or a pedal thing, but at least with the pedal thing you won't change your shift points. Baja takes sport mode and cranks it up to 11 on holding gears...I haven't found a use for this outside of running in the dunes, it's a bit much even for high speed desert roads.

There are points to be made for more aggressive shift patterns when using a turbo to keep them spooled up a little better, this equates to potentially better lap times, but it's still not increasing power output.

UniBronc

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F550, 12 F550, 13 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I use Sport all the time, so wish it could be 'locked' in.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Y’all make me thankful that my 7MT doesn’t have 4A. I run sport mode regularly in my area the steering response on the windy roads is a benefit alone. The extra pep + sprint booster on sport 8 + Panda + Whipple Filter + Magnaflow Overland Catback and with the 4.46 gearing I couldn’t be happier. Do I wish it would just default to Sport Mode, yeah. I find I get better mileage too. Averaging 18.5 with plenty of off-roading.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like eco mode. If you think the bronco is a dog in eco, try a BMW eco, complete neutering, a non-prompting memory would be nice though.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Leave in the last setting. I run in Normal mode all the time. The other modes really haven't been appealing. Sport is fine but it is really annoying that I have to shift out of 4A, therefore I tend to avoid it.
Like you say leave it in the Last setting. On the Raptor, sport does not put it in 4A.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This ^ I like to blast around in sport mode occasionally but when at a steady speed don't care for it holding the rpms

Broncoco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a manual two door and sport mode should be the way it runs all the time. I wish it would just stay in that mode.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i feel ya. i drive a lot of trips so eco makes sense. i'm a sensible guy in a practical vehicle. eco is a dog though.
That's putting it mildly. Eco is a soul sucking experience, that sucks every ounce of joy that otherwise comes with a Bronco. <-- I might have overstated that a touch.

Otherwise, I love sport Mode but got tired of switching to 2H every time I started my Bronco. I've pretty much decided Sport is my tow mode for my Cargo Trailer Conversion.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This ^ I like to blast around in sport mode occasionally but when at a steady speed don't care for it holding the rpms
That’s what the gear toggle is for? I drive in sport mode (Forscanned) most of the time- if I don’t like the rpm’s, I manually shift up. Easy peasy?

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s what the gear toggle is for? I drive in sport mode (Forscanned) most of the time- if I don’t like the rpm’s, I manually shift up. Easy peasy?
Haha very true. I don't think i've ever thrown it into M since I have owned it yet lol

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha very true. I don't think i've ever thrown it into M since I have owned it yet lol
Doesn’t even have to be in manual mode. Use the toggle in D.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Doesn’t even have to be in manual mode. Use the toggle in D.
Yep. I also use it a lot on downhills so I'm not riding the brakes all the way. Couple of clicks down and you have some engine braking, and it'll hold the gear until it flattens out and you get back on the gas...

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Might have been a patch thing. My truck used to stay in Eco mode as standard.... Then something changed about 6 months into ownership and now it defaults to normal. Sport mode, I've put it in Sport mode exactly 3 times... First time to try it when I first purchased the truck, once when 4x4 ing and the other day after a year and a bit. Keep debating the Ford Performance upgrade since I really never use even sport mode. >shrugs<
Sponsored