First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Love that when I start my bronco it asks if I want to stay in sport mode. This feature is something that I wish my f150 had. Just thought this simple add was a long time coming.
Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What F or D said, but without also automatically going into 4auto

also wish I could disable eco mode

Sponsored
OP
OP
Devils68

Devils68

Everglades
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
All valid. I think with Ford it's just baby steps. Maybe someone could figure that out in forscan.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Leave in the last setting. I run in Normal mode all the time. The other modes really haven't been appealing. Sport is fine but it is really annoying that I have to shift out of 4A, therefore I tend to avoid it.

I'm fine with a remapping of the throttle, timing, and shift points. I don't like the change in transfer case setting. It just annoys the crap out of me. If I wanted the transfer case to shift, I would do it myself. That and any hero buttons I want to engage.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Leave in the last setting. I run in Normal mode all the time. The other modes really haven't been appealing. Sport is fine but it is really annoying that I have to shift out of 4A, therefore I tend to avoid it.

I'm fine with a remapping of the throttle, timing, and shift points. I don't like the change in transfer case setting. It just annoys the crap out of me. If I wanted the transfer case to shift, I would do it myself. That and any hero buttons I want to engage.
I’d guess that they engineered 4a to engage automatically with Sport mode because of the possibility of losing traction and/or control with the added performance characteristics.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was probably a tough choice for the engineers to make between giving the driver full control of all settings or choosing a mode that changes the settings for you, I see points for both sides. I'm with you though, the added hassle of going back to 2WD just for some small changes means I don't use sport nearly as much as I thought I would. I have enough messages to clear and buttons to push before I put it in drive as it is, and it also means the shifting mechanism is being actuated every single time I drive, so I wonder about the additional wear that's causing. Probably the ideal solution is a goat bypass button...when pressed, it would lock in all settings and make them manually selectable only (mode, t-case, hero switches, etc.), these settings would persist after shutdown, until it was pressed again, at which point it would revert back to the auto-goat default it has now.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drive a stick shift, so I don't care. I do wish my wife's F-150 would auto-default to sport mode. It gets way better MPG in Sport mode.

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wish I had sport mode.
Me too. So dumb that they didn’t include Sport with our FE’s. I didn’t want to mess with forescan and possibly void warranty with my engine that was built in the hot zone of the bad valves.

I installed the Sprint booster pedal converter, which definitely adds some zip and is easily removable if you ever need to take her to the dealership. It also has the added benefit of “locking” your throttle if you want, effectively becoming a kill switch preventing someone from taking off with your ride.

77-12007_1.1629749990.jpg

LVBase

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 F150, 2013 PT Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the extra pep in Sport mode, I don't care for the extra rpm's it holds when you get to cruising speed.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Leave in the last setting.
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored