Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks yeah I can see that but when trying to figure it out not so much fun
Lol nope. I had a scat pack haha so I feel ya, lots of curves.
Sponsored

OP
OP
21Badlands

21Badlands

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s great looking. Personally, I think the matte makes all the difference in why I like this so much. On a side note, do you have a lift on that? I have a badlands non sas on the way that I plan to put 35s on with only a 1” level.
Thanks yes I agree has to be matte. Your plan should work I have 37's with just a 1" Zone level
with no rub but I have -1 offset wheels without that I think it would probably rub the wheel
well liners.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That looks sick! Imagine a hard top in carbon fiber with SAS flares to match. That would be over the top.

OP
OP
21Badlands

21Badlands

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks sick! Imagine a hard top in carbon fiber with SAS flares to match. That would be over the top.
Thanks, Carbon fiber top would look great but I can't even imagine what that would cost.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That looks great. How much did it cost.

Sponsored

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What offset are those zephyr wheels ?and I assume 35 tires what kind?

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been going back and forth between those and the fuel covert wheels was thinking -12 offset wasn’t sure I have a non sas badlands though so it’s almost lifted like a reg sas

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
you think a pro shop could/WOULD wrap my flares in clear PPF to protect fro nicks and staining etc? thoughts???
PPF is available in carbon fiber and can be installed on plastic flares. I had my plastic grill done in CF PPF on my Tesla. It looks better in person.

Ford Bronco Wrapped my fender flares with carbon fiber 5BE8BF7A-5D6D-48C0-BE23-E13E9F56BE8C

Sponsored

Phoenix Justice

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150- Fusion- Mustang- YJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First I painted my flares to match my grill that I painted satin black. I really liked the way the grill looked as opposed to the stock grey
so I thought the flares would look good to but after putting on the truck didn't like the way satin looked so I wrapped them.

Ford Bronco Wrapped my fender flares with carbon fiber 5BE8BF7A-5D6D-48C0-BE23-E13E9F56BE8C

Here's the way the looked painted

I have never wrapped anything before and to me this was pretty hard to do i cut into 9" x 60" strips and placed on top of the flare working down on side then the other. the strips kept wanting to move to the back of the flare not leaving me enough to cover the front side but I eventually got it to work.
Doing it this way it was very hard to wrap the front face but Got it with a little heat and a lot of patience. Probably should have bought enough to cover the face
of each flare and then pulled it over the top.

Here is what they looked like before I painted them very stained.

Here's what they looked like after lots of sanding.

If anybody is going to try this I would not try to wrap the the flares if they weren't painted I don't think it would stick.

Here is a link to the vinyl I picked it is a matt carbon fiber.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L9J4SQ8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

If I did it this way again I would by a 48" x 60" giving me a 1 foot strip for each flare.
Here are some more pics of the finished project

Nice save!

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, You put it out there for people to comment on so I will. Real carbon is AMAZING looking. Even when a part is made to have a carbon look, that's fine. BUT I've seen things like this in person and it looks so cheap. So maybe I'm the odd one out but this gets a (n) from me.

FYI, you are right to not care. It's your Bronco so just blow off my comment. Love the wheels and tires.
Sponsored