OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Besides too good to be true..how do you tell it’s a scam? Unbelievable amount of scumbags
Sponsored

OP
OP
OuterJersey

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last one was a badlands grill for 250. I guess the price was my first clue. Said they would ship and if I would pay via PayPal. I know there are specifics in invoice etc and there must be a safe way to use a payment system with marketplace. Would like to meet in person but the distance is not always possible.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, unless I can meet the seller in person- it’s a no go. Way too many scamming scumbags out there these days. It really makes it hard if you’re looking for something in particular but I’d rather deal with that than losing money to a shithead.

BTW- this grill seller in Charleston, SC? I noticed a $250 one on there.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last one was a badlands grill for 250. I guess the price was my first clue. Said they would ship and if I would pay via PayPal. I know there are specifics in invoice etc and there must be a safe way to use a payment system with marketplace. Would like to meet in person but the distance is not always possible.
If it sounds too good to be true, It's a scam! Delete Facebook and don't look back! EDIT: If you do find someone that's legit and they're selling a part for 1/4 the price of oem it's mostly junk anyways!

Last edited:
OP
OP
OuterJersey

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately, unless I can meet the seller in person- it’s a no go. Way too many scamming scumbags out there these days. It really makes it hard if you’re looking for something in particular but I’d rather deal with that than losing money to a shithead.

BTW- this grill seller in Charleston, SC? I noticed a $250 one on there.
I think so..they blocked me right away when I said no to PayPal and wrote scam on the post. I missed one on here by 5 mins that I be was going to drive 3 hours to get.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, but we have even seen that meeting at person at the MVD isn't good enough to not get scammed.

Qwerliti

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Look out for red flags like requests for advanced payments, unusual shipping arrangements, or sellers unwilling to meet in person.

alicestevens

Raptor
First Name
Alice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unfortunately Facebook Marketplace is just full of scams and for that reason i prefer to use different auctions, as i am more protected as a customer in this case. Plus erlinket customer service for example is always very responsive and ready to answer all the questions i have.

Last edited:

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Even in person there are risks. I used to have a gun store and a couple of times customers would tell me they got jacked meeting someone to buy/sell a gun. I told them next time to meet at my store for stuff like that. Cause everyone in my store was armed.
Sponsored