Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey, Guys!

For anyone interested in the Yakima Skyrise rooftop tent, here are a few review videos I've done. Still new to YouTube and video editing, but I thought the content might be helpful.

Setup and Take down:

Overnight Overview:

Inside the Tent:
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the videos. Did you mount that to the Yakima platform?

OP
OP
Svanhildr

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the videos. Did you mount that to the Yakima platform?
I have the Bronco roof rack and then the Yakima crossbars are attached to that for the tent platform to connect to.

davepriz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watched all the videos, thanks for posting! Couple questions if you have a moment or anyone else. Can you confirm total height over stock vehicle with the roof rack and tent? Also, if the roof rack is rated for 450 and that tent is 110 this seems much more like a single person tent? Me and the wife are 400 lbs plus a 20 lb dog and maybe 10 more lbs in bedding and anything else. That’s like 100 lbs over the limit??

Reactions: DEC
OP
OP
Svanhildr

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Watched all the videos, thanks for posting! Couple questions if you have a moment or anyone else. Can you confirm total height over stock vehicle with the roof rack and tent? Also, if the roof rack is rated for 450 and that tent is 110 this seems much more like a single person tent? Me and the wife are 400 lbs plus a 20 lb dog and maybe 10 more lbs in bedding and anything else. That’s like 100 lbs over the limit??
Hello, davepriz, and thank you for watching! I am measuring the tent at 11 inches and the Yakima rails at about 3.5 inches. These set on top of the crossbars, so that's another 3ish inches over the roof. In total, I'd say you're adding about 18 inches to the roof with this setup.

As for the count of people, I definitely agree that's pretty relative. I could comfortably sleep in there with my two granddaughters, but I wouldn't consider it a three-person tent. Taking into consideration your needs and how you'd want to use it is pivotal. That said, there is a larger tent they offer if you would need additional space for pets and extra gear.

I look forward to seeing what you put together to enjoy your Bronco adventures! 🤩

davepriz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello, davepriz, and thank you for watching! I am measuring the tent at 11 inches and the Yakima rails at about 3.5 inches. These set on top of the crossbars, so that's another 3ish inches over the roof. In total, I'd say you're adding about 18 inches to the roof with this setup.

As for the count of people, I definitely agree that's pretty relative. I could comfortably sleep in there with my two granddaughters, but I wouldn't consider it a three-person tent. Taking into consideration your needs and how you'd want to use it is pivotal. That said, there is a larger tent they offer if you would need additional space for pets and extra gear.

I look forward to seeing what you put together to enjoy your Bronco adventures! 🤩
Thanks! I was more referencing and curious about the weight limit. Size seems great. And again thank you for measuring!
Sponsored