Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bumping this thread.

I'm in a similar situation deciding between 285/75 and 295/70 for my next set of OBX tires.

Nitto makes the Recon Grappler in a 295/70 "P" rated tire that comes in at 52lbs. It'd be a really nice weight savings compared to the E rated 285/75's which come in closer to 70lbs. I'm sure 15lbs+ at each corner would make a noticeable difference on the ride.

On the flip side, I'm not totally sold on the UCA clearance and lack of poke on the 295's. The 285/75 would be a 35" tire with better clearances on a non-sas bronco.

I like OP's black wheels. Feels like I'm wasting money looking for black replacement wheels online.
I was recently in the same predicament! I decided to go with RTR EVO 6 (18 x 9 +30) and Cooper Discovery XLT (295/70/18 @ ~ 60lbs per tire). I am extremely happy with the results!
Ford Bronco You can indeed fit 295/70/18 tires on Stock Outer Banks!!! IMG_0731

Ford Bronco You can indeed fit 295/70/18 tires on Stock Outer Banks!!! IMG_0761
Ford Bronco You can indeed fit 295/70/18 tires on Stock Outer Banks!!! IMG_0764
Sponsored

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was recently in the same predicament! I decided to go with RTR EVO 6 (18 x 9 +30) and Cooper Discovery XLT (295/70/18 @ ~ 60lbs per tire). I am extremely happy with the results!

Wow! What a difference a wheel and tire package makes! Huge transformation. You went from mild to ruggedly wild in about an hour. Lol.

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow! What a difference a wheel and tire package makes! Huge transformation. You went from mild to ruggedly wild in about an hour. Lol.
I purchased my tires through Discount Tire! You guys have been taking care of my family’s vehicles for decades! So, thanks for the compliment and thanks for providing our communities with great service, wide product selection and competitive pricing!

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I purchased my tires through Discount Tire! You guys have been taking care of my family’s vehicles for decades! So, thanks for the compliment and thanks for providing our communities with great service, wide product selection and competitive pricing!
Thank you so much for you, and your families business, and continued support. We greatly appreciate it.

caseygcrosbie

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks; 2019 Superduy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

This looks so great! I’ve been debating doing the same to my obx, what engine do you have and how did it affect your gas mileage?

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This looks so great! I’ve been debating doing the same to my obx, what engine do you have and how did it affect your gas mileage?
I have the 2.7 V6. I estimate that i lost 1.5 MPG because of this conversion. I am not heavy footed but i have noticed a slight decrease in acceleration (which i expected)! I chose a reasonably lightweight wheel/tire combo (for that size) to minimize the effects of driving with additional rotating mass! If fuel economy is a priority then you might want to consider something lighter in the 275/70/18 offerings (assuming you plan to keep your OEM wheels).
Sponsored