Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, it happened to me. I heard rumors but, was in denial I guess. I follow several content creators, usually ones that are interested in the same hobbies as myself. Just found out that one of them, which will remain un-named, are expecting their Wildtrack in June. They got their email first week and VIN. I can only assume they received a priority build. Also, I think they are confused about the difference between build and delivery, but that really does not matter for this conversation.

My question is, do we think this situation is only going by each dealer and how good the content creator is about making "good deals" or, do we think Ford got in on the action and giving out priority builds to create more advertising?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would assume some of the more known creators work with dealers regularly enough that at least some of them got a priority order with a dealer. I highly doubt all or even a large majority of creators got priority. There are 3k dealers ballpark and not all got priority orders to even fill.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, it happened to me. I heard rumors but, was in denial I guess. I follow several content creators, usually ones that are interested in the same hobbies as me. Just found out that one of them, which will remain un-named, are expecting their Wildtrack in June. They got their email first week and VIN. I can only assume they received a priority build. Also, I think they are confused about the difference between build and delivery, but that really does not matter for this conversation.

My question is, do we think this situation is only going by each dealer and how good the content creator is about making "good deals" or, do we think Ford got in on the action and giving out priority builds to create more advertising?
There was a report of Ford Corporate telling a dealership which customer they had to use their Priority Order for... probably a similar advertising/promotion/social media motivation.

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The one I follow who has a build date also had a Day 1, first couple of hours timestamp. He could still have gotten priority, but not sure. BB, Sas, soft top, 2.3 auto...probably some other options, but that's all I can remember. He's a good guy with a great family and I can't wait to watch their videos.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't see the issue or confusion. Influencers get most products first, often for for free or deeply discounted (or for interim use).

This is just the way it is.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, it happened to me. I heard rumors but, was in denial I guess. I follow several content creators, usually ones that are interested in the same hobbies as me. Just found out that one of them, which will remain un-named, are expecting their Wildtrack in June. They got their email first week and VIN. I can only assume they received a priority build. Also, I think they are confused about the difference between build and delivery, but that really does not matter for this conversation.

Does it matter at this point? I could care less, if someone famous or wealthy had an in to get one sooner….so be it. That’s life.

Sponsored
OP
OP
John Bronco_ I am here

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know but I hope Jelly, Brittany and Kevin get theirs right quick.
I like their content, for sure. However, they are basically homeless and do not see them having a relationship with a dealer. A dealer would only do that to bring local business.

The channel I'm referring to has several "deals" with dealerships to use/advertise the products. They are certainly not into off-roading and will be using it for transportation and status symbol.

Reactions: jxc

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So take all the big time social media/Youtube influencers and give them a priority build. Now your Bronco order is like 56 minutes later than it would have been.

OP
OP
John Bronco_ I am here

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't like that priority orders became a thing, but they did. Not sure why it matters that the person from your dealership who received priority is a content creator. I'd rather that over the sales manager's 16 year old kid. At least the content creators will produce content that you will later enjoy.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Influencers are an unavoidable necessity in reaching today's market. Look at it this way, it's relatively few units, which will translate into many more sales. This is good for all of us! Stronger demand will yield more, better, awesomer, EVERYTHING!!!!!
Sponsored