Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m fine with Granger using their allotment of priority orders but I understand why they didn’t use them.

Follow up thought; if a dealer decides not to use the priority orders they were given are those priority orders given to another dealership or lost?
Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Granger Ford - Priority Orders st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is simple, when it comes to strategy Granger is playing chess while Ford and most of its dealers are playing checkers.
@Zach@Granger and @Granger Ford are definitely playing the long game here. This priority decision has been foreshadowed for months...

January 15th — “When Will I Get My BRONCO?? - Granger Ford”

@Zach@Granger thank you for those details!

Can you address this "cutting in line" or "giving priority to customers who selected Granger first". I'm hearing that dealers are no allowing people with early reservations to get ahead of existing customers on a new dealer switch
That is a slippery slope and something we aren't going to entertain. Ford has given dealers some autonomy on what to prioritize. I can understand this and appreciate this flexibility. Our decision as a store is to leave the orders according to timestamp because there's a lot of gray area if you start down that path.

If I had 10 reservations and one customer who had purchased 10+ cars from me in the past, I can certainly understand putting them first. But in our situation, I just don't think that makes sense.
February 6th — “Bronco Order Update with Conversion Information”

I guess there is confusion as dealers were told in the most recent presentation that they could prioritize outside of time stamp. Then this text says timestamp will be used as a surrogate for priority code, but in context it is saying that eliminates the need for the dealer to prioritize...but is that overridden if a dealer does use the priority codes? Many dealers seem to think so, and claim that is what they were told on the recent presentation. Thus why some dealers are saying that if you transfer in now, you will be prioritized behind their current reservation holders.
We can prioritize them somewhat..

Ford stated that there will be a way to push the early reservation holders back to 2022 at their (customers) request if that is the desire of the res holder...

As a dealership we will not be selecting who will get them earlier or later as that defeats the purpose of the customer in control of the complete order... That task is held by Ford alone for our store...
April 9th — “Granger Ford - Priority Orders”

Most dealers received only one and some more...

Granger Ford will not be participating in prioritizing (choosing winners) we will leave it up to Ford to make the Broncos as they can in the order closely matching the Time Stamp that they are able...
The consistency of the message is admirable. :cool:

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been a G6 member for quite awhile. Early on I came to the decision that they were good people- and good people to do business with.
But the more I read and the more Granger posts, I came to realize that as a business in today’s world- they are simply much smarter than most other dealerships. They seem to be a step ahead of the market in their approach to sales, correspondence, customer relations and openness. Markets are much larger now and consumers are much smarter. The internet has provided a wealth of information. Sad to say but many local dealerships will never change or catch up and will eventually die.

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In my opinion. The priority orders have been made too big of a deal. I think initially a lot of people were under the impression the dealers could move orders however they wanted to. But clearly that isn't the case. This was made to appease the customer that has purchased 20+ vehicles from you and forgot to get their reservation in on reservation night.

Although, I do have 2 orders in that I placed I. September 🤣

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In my opinion. The priority orders have been made too big of a deal. I think initially a lot of people were under the impression the dealers could move orders however they wanted to. But clearly that isn't the case. This was made to appease the customer that has purchased 20+ vehicles from you and forgot to get their reservation in on reservation night.

@Zach@Granger I see that you added the Wildtrak symbol to your profile. I am curious what are the two builds that you are going with? I know that @Granger Ford is getting a Wildtrak as well. You know what they say about great minds.

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Although, I do have 2 orders in that I placed in September 🤣
You should have waited a little longer and took advantage of the 2k Grangtober deal. 😁

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't seen anything to indicate that the priority order will have any impact on dealer allocation. If true, the only people impacted are those at the dealership where the priority orders are used. Since Granger wont' be using the priority orders. those of us at Granger will get our Broncos at the same time we would if the priority program did not exist.

I do agree with Zach that a bigger deal is being made out of this than is warranted. At a given dealership, 0-2 people will be pushed from MY21 to MY22, 0-2 people of the day one reservations will get their Bronco in the second shipment instead of the first. I can understand wanting to be the first, but within a few months, no one will be able to tell by looking at your Bronco if you were 1st or 10th and most won't care.

On the other hand, a smart dealership will use this for positive purposes. How about getting a Bronco to a 16 yo Make-a-Wish kid who isn't expected to make it, or any of a host of folk with tragic stories and limited time to enjoy life? I think many of us would be OK with letting them have priority, and it would generate goodwill and publicity for the dealership.

There is certainly room for discussion about whether Ford should have rolled out the priority program, but at the end of the day, it is up to the individual dealerships to use them responsibly. If you don't know what your dealer is doing with the priority orders, call and ask. If they won't tell you, I would bet they have given priority orders in a fashion that they don't want to be generally known (like bumping a fat cat). Next, proceed accordingly. Positive and negative reviews are a quick option. Let them know, that this will impact your decision as to where you will make your next purchase.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol well that is way more logical! So you’re basically saying I’m a dick! Got it! 😂
Ummmm, you could say that's the long, and short of things.............Bwahaha

Sponsored

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The BEST way to give VIP customers priority, and an appropriate way, would have been for dealers to give those VIP a head’s up about the reservations opening at 6 p.m. on 7/13 so they could get in there first. I only happened to come across a Ford Instagram post a couple hours after it had already started.

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The BEST way to give VIP customers priority, and an appropriate way, would have been for dealers to give those VIP a head’s up about the reservations opening at 6 p.m. on 7/13 so they could get in there first. I only happened to come across a Ford Instagram post a couple hours after it had already started.
I’m definitely far from a VIP, but I called all the local dealers years ago after the initial Bronco announcement asking to be added to their waiting list. I only had one agree to take my name down and finally got a call from them to reserve my Bronco weeks after reservations opened.
Sponsored