Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn....if ANY decision influencer was gonna get priority treatment, should'a been BroncoG6. They've prolly notched more Bronco sales than all the youtubers and wind-blown flannel-clad spokespeople combined.
We were going to get one anyways.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like to know the truth, used to be considered a positive trait. Times have changed....
Who lied?
If you told yourself that things like priority builds wouldn't happen....you're lying to yourself.
Basically , content creators have created a positive influence for the Ford brand.

They earned that priority status.

While the others (whiners) complain about what they were not given...they feel entitled.
The irony is the whiners feel their whinyness should warrant special treatment.
We ain't in Kindergarden no mo'.....

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Evolve or die. It’s that simple, and Ford is choosing the former.

Just for reference in Q1 Ford profited about 1.5 billion dollars. In that same quarter Tesla spent about the same amount on Bitcoin, which they have already realized over $100 million in gains on. Nothing about running a large business makes sense in the traditional sense anymore, and Ford is trying to keep up. Hence their announcement of a huge battery factory, the mustang Mach-E, and their enormous emphasis on Bronco’s online presence. If they don’t adapt there won’t be a Ford 10 years from now.
How can you type that seriously with that whole Bronco Nation thing in existence? ;)

Also, look at the books on Tesla and they're not making profits without government subsidies and their cryptocurrency gamble. Their stock is a bubble just like the YouTube influencers. Do you think that poor Ryan kid is going to have a popular channel at 35 after he's had to move back home after blowing his money that his parents didn't take?

Every Ponzi scheme runs out of other people's money at some point.

If Ford really has almost two years of production sold out to real people, then there's no reason to give anyone an early build. That fake-earned media is going to be critical near the end of manufacturing the Broncos that are already ordered. Why burn out the hype train early? We saw some of that due to the COVID19 delays. This is just a mirroring of the graphics card market right now; some influencers have 2-5 cards that are going for 2.5x MSRP. The demand is outstripping supply by so much it's now insulting to give, discount, or otherwise prioritize the product to a YouTuber. Aftermarket products manufacturers are a different story.

OP
OP
John Bronco_ I am here

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who lied?......We ain't in Kindergarden no mo'.....

Maybe read the thread........ there is some good tidbits in this thread if you can wade through the white noise.

Not upset, are you projecting? Searching out fact does not mean there was/is a lie in a situation. Conflating two issues there that I did not.
Still confused then. What fact are you looking for? You were the one who mentioned being lied to.

The fact is that some will recieve Broncos before others. This has been the case for a while. Not sure what more you need to know.

Exactly where did I say I was "lied" to in this thread. Think you may be confused some how.

Last edited:
OP
OP
John Bronco_ I am here

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
.... Ford also contacted me and told me they were moving one of my customers with two reservations to the front of the line....

..... priority orders. We picked those at will.....

Hope this....makes you feel warm and fuzzy

There's the truth.....

The truth is out there, you just have to look. As far as those not liking the thread, you can't catch a fish if you don't throw out the line.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you don’t realize media outlets will be the first to receive Broncos then you haven’t been paying attention. That’s where a lot of these builds happening right now before Job1 starts are going. In these modern times “media” does not only mean Motor Trend and Car and Driver, it also includes these “YouTube influencers”. Not liking the reality doesn’t change it.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The answer is there is no way for you to know. Ford dropped a handful of orders on us that were for VIP's if you want to call them that. One of them is a very well known actor who we all know. The other two I didn't know, but know one of them is a FAD(Ford parts distributor). I'm sure all three of them worked directly with Ford. Ford also contacted me and told me they were moving one of my customers with two reservations to the front of the line, as they changed his priority to 01. That person has some kind of relationship with a big off road custom company and works directly with Ford and SEMA somehow. So that could be considered an influencer if you will, although not on Youtube, they obviously are going to be doing some kind of promotion with the two they're getting. Lastly, there was no report from Ford on priority orders. We picked those at will and weren't given any instructions on how to allocate them.

Hope this clears things up and makes you feel warm and fuzzy again. :)
Literally NOTHING will make most of these people feel warm and fuzzy. Medication would be be necessary for any kind of contentment with some.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You are confusing Ford giving certain media outlets/reviewers a loaner and giving them priority to purchase one over actual customers.
Nope. Not at all. Certain traditional media outlets will get a traditional loaner that becomes a Ford program car after testing, like always. Then certain non traditional enthusiast type are being given early priority builds for their already planned purchase. You will also see celebrity VIP types getting their Broncos in this same time period. Go ahead and pre build that rage for when that happens.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope an influencer who is already an established off-road enthusiast gets a Bronco in June. I have one in mind who happens to have approximately 350,000 subscribers. That is huge. He is modifying a Ford Super Duty for off-road use and the vehicle will be auctioned off when finished. All proceeds with go to charity. I think that would be a sweet way to go with a June built Bronco. Take a Bronco Base and modify it for YouTube viewers with parts donated by AM suppliers. Maybe some 6g members would like that idea? 😉

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope an influencer who is already an established off-road enthusiast gets a Bronco in June. I have one in mind who happens to have approximately 350,000 subscribers. That is huge. He is modifying a Ford Super Duty for off-road use and the vehicle will be auctioned off when finished. All proceeds with go to charity. I think that would be a sweet way to go with a June built Bronco. Take a Bronco Base and modify it for YouTube viewers with parts donated by AM suppliers. Maybe some 6g members would like that idea? 😉
I think I know exactly who you're talking about. Would also love to see an overland Bronco built by him and auctioned/raffled for charity.

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think I know exactly who you're talking about. Would also love to see an overland Bronco built by him and auctioned/raffled for charity.
If you read through the many comments he receives from his YouTube videos, you see how he wants a Bronco Badlands 4-door, Area 51 for an overland build. I can guarantee his fanbase would generate revenue for AM suppliers and Ford. Time will tell!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Many here believe that because anything is "the way it is" that means it is cool or not to be discussed with criticism. Yes, we all know VIPS get first dibs on new stuff. And it would seem normal and appropriate IF Ford hadn't hoodwinked the buying public with the whole reservations scam.
No argument there, reservation system was definitely a scam if you truly believed they would be built and delivered in time stamp order.

Sandman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The entire order process has been a joke and Ford should be ashamed of themselves. Classic case of "the have and have nots".

OP
OP
John Bronco_ I am here

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No argument there, reservation system was definitely a scam if you truly believed they would be built and delivered in time stamp order.
Well, I reserved a Bronco because I wanted one. It was all over the news that their system had crashed due to too much traffic. This is civilized 'merica, we use lines. On the other hand, it was announced later that they would be built in timestamp order. So, yeah I believed them. Maybe I'll learn better when I grow up, I was only born in '31.

Reactions: MPC

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, it happened to me. I heard rumors but, was in denial I guess. I follow several content creators, usually ones that are interested in the same hobbies as me. Just found out that one of them, which will remain un-named, are expecting their Wildtrack in June. They got their email first week and VIN. I can only assume they received a priority build. Also, I think they are confused about the difference between build and delivery, but that really does not matter for this conversation.

My question is, do we think this situation is only going by each dealer and how good the content creator is about making "good deals" or, do we think Ford got in on the action and giving out priority builds to create more advertising?
I follow a few as well. Is this person you are talking about also a helicopter pilot?
Sponsored