Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh no! Glad you're ok. I would've needed new trousers when the front wheel started to go...

I love your videos so I hope you are able to get another Bronco quickly! I hope you saved the factory components so you can swap out all your mods
Sponsored

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy fuck that was you? I saw this on FB yesterday, didn't occur to me that it might belong to someone on here. That sucks, I hope theres no permanent water damage and you get it back on the trails.

I haven't done any crazy trails before, but I've often wondered how you attach the ropes when you're literally buried (or in this case sunk). I guess you just have to to get in there and get it done. Definitely not a fan of the electric parking brake after reading your story, though I'm sure that's the least of concerns for the bronco.
My biggest fear was drowning... Either Lexi, my dog or me. We were driving with the windows up because of how bad the flies were up there. If my passenger window (water side) was open, I'm almost certain it would of slipped off and rolled completely over.
As it was, I managed to shut off the engine (probably not going to matter now), open my window, throw the dog thru it and climb out myself.
In retrospect, I'm pretty sure the Body Module is on the passenger side.
If I had to open and hold up the door to climb out, for sure it wouldn't of been good

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh no! Glad you're ok. I would've needed new trousers when the front wheel started to go...

I love your videos so I hope you are able to get another Bronco quickly! I hope you saved the factory components so you can swap out all your mods
Yes, it could of very easily been deadly for me or my dog. I'm pretty calm in panic situations so I manage to shut off the engine, open the window, throw the dog thru, grab my phone and climb out.
When we go back to got to Garneau Quebec, the next day, a friend helped me pull all my gear and all my accessories. It'll go to the local dealer there...
And for sure there will be episodes! Probably 3 of them.
Just viewed the vid where it went it and for some reason, my dash cam was in time-lapse... So no audio and the entire deal lasted 6 seconds šŸ˜”
I might be able to make something of it though

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy fuck that was you? I saw this on FB yesterday, didn't occur to me that it might belong to someone on here. That sucks, I hope theres no permanent water damage and you get it back on the trails.

I haven't done any crazy trails before, but I've often wondered how you attach the ropes when you're literally buried (or in this case sunk). I guess you just have to to get in there and get it done. Definitely not a fan of the electric parking brake after reading your story, though I'm sure that's the least of concerns for the bronco.
I posted on a recovery group or 2 on FB... Cell service worked at a near by cabin in maybe a 6X6' areas near the lake. You don't realize how much you rely on tech in situations like this.
If the Joanne and Nipper weren't at their cottage, about 1km from the incident, we were looking at a 20km hike out in bug INFESTED woods. Definitely pretty dire...
The crew that came up to free me were incredibly...
I'm simply blown away at the generosity and kindness of all involved.

Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Quite a few pathetic assholes on the ā€œoverlanding USAā€ FB group where I first saw this saying it made them happy to see this and how money canā€™t buy sense. Made the mistake of making a few reasonable and defensive comments only to get laughed at so I left that toxic group in the dust as I donā€™t wanna associate with anybody like that. Glad youā€™re ok!!

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I remember as a kid in the late 60s on the back of my dads Honda 90 exploring old overgrown roads in northern Ontario. We would come across old bridges exactly like that, out in the bush on some 50 year old logging road. I always had a good case of the puckers going across those things.
glad you got out ok!

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Insurance in the states would 100% total
Itā€™s obvious total loss at that amount of water
Yeah, dude on the phone, without even seeing it, said just about as much. If it were a 68 Bronco, probably an ease fix. Lol

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember as a kid in the late 60s on the back of my dads Honda 90 exploring old overgrown roads in northern Ontario. We would come across old bridges exactly like that, out in the bush on some 50 year old logging road. I always had a good case of the puckers going across those things.
glad you got out ok!
Yeah, tons of them out there... Single lane spans.
Gawd damn Google maps even sent me down that road!

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

no way I cross a small wooden bridge with my braptor darn thing ways 6100 lbs with no gear. Anyways lucky it didn't roll and onto the next adventure. At least all the gear is good.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought that bronco looked familiar! It's a train wreck on Facebook, looking forward to a video!
Yeah, it's making the rounds. A lot of poorly raised children have internet access it seems.
I guess these people don't care about reputation, character or maturityšŸ¤·

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no way I cross a small wooden bridge with my braptor darn thing ways 6100 lbs with no gear. Anyways lucky it didn't roll and onto the next adventure. At least all the gear is good.
As it was, I was maxed out for width, but could follow both my front wheels on the camera screen. Your Raptor would of straddled that bridge. Lol

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quite a few pathetic assholes on the ā€œoverlanding USAā€ FB group where I first saw this saying it made them happy to see this and how money canā€™t buy sense. Made the mistake of making a few reasonable and defensive comments only to get laughed at so I left that toxic group in the dust as I donā€™t wanna associate with anybody like that. Glad youā€™re ok!!
Wow... That's pretty pathetic. Don't they moderate?
So I have a 2 year old Bronco. So that means I don't drive to places unless it's a POS or something?
When I hear "Overlanding USA" I think flat, dry desert, KOA's and RV parks with 32' fifth wheels or full size, 700hp pickup trucks šŸ¤·
No offence to my US neighbours of course.
There's a reason living in Ontario and driving these areas, you keep it light and compact šŸ¤·

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow... That's pretty pathetic. Don't they moderate?
So I have a 2 year old Bronco. So that means I don't drive to places unless it's a POS or something?
When I hear "Overlanding USA" I think flat, dry desert, KOA's and RV parks with 32' fifth wheels or full size, 700hp pickup trucks šŸ¤·
No offence to my US neighbours of course.
There's a reason living in Ontario and driving these areas, you keep it light and compact šŸ¤·
Iā€™ve never seen anything moderated on that useless page.. itā€™s hardly ā€œoverlandingā€.. itā€™s mostly a place for snobby drivers of all sorts who car camp once a year to go on and pretend theyā€™re cooler than anyone else because they carry a roof top tent around the other 364. Honestly most FB these days are trash.. hundreds of groups but theyā€™re all really the same. Itā€™ll be nice once this ā€œfadā€ passes and weeds out the losers
Sponsored