Sponsored

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep. The basket is just below the back of the seats.

section.
I keep forgetting which was the rear headrests fold when releasing the seat.
They do fold back...
It's also not an issue for me because 90% of the time my seats are folded down.
I also like that it's higher which gives me more room at the bottom section.

Last edited:

Chook

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisluke.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know this thread is about 'robust' storage, however, as I'm starting to build out my new BD, I found
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) IMG_1381
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) IMG_1380
these headrest pouch kits from Blue Ridge Overland make great small-stuff storage on the rear rally bar. I could fit three across. Their size is perfect and won't cover the rear light.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I joined the V700 crowd.
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) 20240419_134133
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) 20240419_133351
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) 20240419_133525

TX/CO Bronco

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Base
@LastDeadLast one of my favorite additions to date. I chose the 1700 Protector Long Case because it sits a little more flush with the back seats, but it’s more expensive. I just throw down a rubber mat when I need more grip.
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) 20240419_133525
Great solution!---without the dog bed on top of the case or seats, would you mind measuring from top of case to roof? I have a very tall pointer, curious what height is if the dog is standing. My bronco 900 miles away or i would measure and subtract the dimensions of the case.

Do you like the case with seats folded down solution as much as you would a custom wood platform?

Sponsored

davidforlife

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TX/CO Bronco

It’s about 35” from the roof, but you’d lose another 6” directly under the roll bar. I can’t say for sure the case is better than a custom wood platform. I have considered building one, but for now I’m happy knowing that I can convert to original. I also like the ruggedness, security, portability, and style of the case. At the end of the day, it’s whatever YOU need out of a cargo solution, and this currently fits my needs. In over a year I haven’t wished for a custom platform, as sick as some of the ones I’ve seen on this forum are.
IMG_2511.jpeg

TX/CO Bronco

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Base
@TX/CO Bronco

It’s about 35” from the roof, but you’d lose another 6” directly under the roll bar. I can’t say for sure the case is better than a custom wood platform. I have considered building one, but for now I’m happy knowing that I can convert to original. I also like the ruggedness, security, portability, and style of the case. At the end of the day, it’s whatever YOU need out of a cargo solution, and this currently fits my needs. In over a year I haven’t wished for a custom platform, as sick as some of the ones I’ve seen on this forum are.
IMG_2511.jpeg
very helpful, thank you! I am guessing you could toss a sheet of ply wood a
@TX/CO Bronco

Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) IMG_2511
very helpful, many thanks! I am guessing you could slide a piece of plywood across the folded down seats and the case with a shim of some kind under the seats about 1.5" tall, and have a true flat area for a dog? Mine always wet and or muddy so i am looking for a rear seat folded down solution without a dog bed. Was planning to copy others and build, but this could be interesting and the case usable.....

davidforlife

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

very helpful, thank you! I am guessing you could toss a sheet of ply wood a

very helpful, many thanks! I am guessing you could slide a piece of plywood across the folded down seats and the case with a shim of some kind under the seats about 1.5" tall, and have a true flat area for a dog? Mine always wet and or muddy so i am looking for a rear seat folded down solution without a dog bed. Was planning to copy others and build, but this could be interesting and the case usable.....
Plywood is a great option. Could even make it 2 pieces for easy installation and modularity. I just roll a thick rubber utility mat when I’m not using the dog bed or need to transport stuff from the hardware store.

TX/CO Bronco

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Plywood is a great option. Could even make it 2 pieces for easy installation and modularity. I just roll a thick rubber utility mat when I’m not using the dog bed or need to transport stuff from the hardware store.
looking through my gun cases to see if something that i already own is more flush. How tall are the seats when folded down? 4 inches? 4.5 inches? I found a case in my closet that is 4 inches thick...... but only 32 inches long by 14 inches deep (over under breakdown case) In an ideal world, what would the perfect measurements be to allow it to be flat. 40X17X4? 42X16X4.5 etc?

Sorry just dont have my bronco to take any measurements with.
Sponsored