Sponsored

Teraflex Falcon 3.3 adjustable coilovers released for the Bronco.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just released today. Although I had seen images floating around previously... They appear to be bump-stopped differently to accommodate 35" or 37" tires.

When the 6G 2021+ Bronco platform was released, our Falcon engineers discovered surprising potential for off-road damping improvements; but they quickly realized that the on-road harshness of the factory shocks could also be improved without sacrificing stability.

The Bronco 3.3 Series Falcon Fast Adjust Coilover Shock is a vehicle specific design that maximizes suspension travel, adjustability, and ride quality.

Falcon shocks are designed, manufactured, and assembled in-house, but that’s just getting the process started. The Extensive real world shock tuning is a key part of the Falcon Coilover with its industry leading performance and comfort across all terrains.

The technical challenges of adding an additional external frame mounted suspension bump stop to the Bronco are prohibitive, but with larger tires and suspension lifts, limiting the up travel is mandatory to protect the body and suspension components. With that in mind, considerable R&D went into the 6G Bronco Falcon Coilover, and a clever and effective solution to tire/body sheet metal damage was developed.

All Falcon Bronco Coilover shocks include an Internal Secondary Piston, “Bump Zone” that is activated as the shock approaches full compression. This Internal Hydraulic Bump Stop controls harsh bottoming when you find yourself, up close and personal, with that surprise wash out in the trail or charging hard in the desert.

The ability to adjust the Bronco’s ride from Soft to Firm using the Falcon quick adjust knob, or anywhere in between using the 8-position fine tune adjustment is another unique feature; quick and easy adjustability is something you will actually use to create a true multi-purpose vehicle that excels in every category – cruising to work in the morning; off-road exploring in evening with the simple flip of a knob - and your passengers will love it.

The factory axle side Rear Coilover Mounts on the Bronco require an extended lower shock mount to clear the factory axle bracket. The factory mounts normally result in considerable loss of shock travel due to the mounting requirements. But where there’s a will there’s a way, and the Falcon engineers devised a lower eyelet and extended travel coil mount that allows the shock to travel into what was previously unusable dead length in the shock, thereby gaining considerable shock travel without vehicle modifications.

Ford Bronco Teraflex Falcon 3.3 adjustable coilovers released for the Bronco. Falcon Bronco

Hopefully we'll have a real image of them soon.

https://teraflex.com/2021-bronco-falcon-3-3-series-fast-adjust-coilover-kit-35-tires.html

https://teraflex.com/2021-bronco-falcon-3-3-series-fast-adjust-coilover-kit-37-tires.html
Sponsored

Last edited:

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Requires offset wheels or wheel spacers to clear adjustment knobs. Plus grinding on your tank skid due driveline hitting at full droop.

Pass.

OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Requires offset wheels or wheel spacers to clear adjustment knobs. Plus grinding on your tank skid due driveline hitting at full droop.

Pass.
I have no connection to Teraflex although the shop I consult for has installed around 600 TF kits over the last 3 years... So I am in tune with them to a degree.

Is it confirmed that the production version needs these things?

Now, I will say that if the "grind the tank skid" is needed because of the extra droop added from the lower shock mod and longer travel shocks, this will be a non issue for those seeking articulation for rock crawling. And anyone going to a 3" lift isn't likely running stock offset wheels. So while those seem to be a non-starter for you, likely not an issue for those looking for the performance improvement offered by the long travel shocks.

I experienced this with the Falcon's on my JK, they run a lower shock mod in the rear also for these reasons.

But, I'm seeking further info too on the Bronco application.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no connection to Teraflex although the shop I consult for has installed around 600 TF kits over the last 3 years... So I am in tune with them to a degree.

Is it confirmed that the production version needs these things?

Now, I will say that if the "grind the tank skid" is needed because of the extra droop added from the lower shock mod and longer travel shocks, this will be a non issue for those seeking articulation for rock crawling. And anyone going to a 3" lift isn't likely running stock offset wheels. So while those seem to be a non-starter for you, likely not an issue for those looking for the performance improvement offered by the long travel shocks.

I experienced this with the Falcon's on my JK, they run a lower shock mod in the rear also for these reasons.

But, I'm seeking further info too on the Bronco application.

Here is the install guide.

https://teraflex.com/amfile/file/download/file/904/product/23957/

OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe Doetsch Off Road in Chandler installed one of the first sets a few weeks ago....posted on FB

OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe Doetsch Off Road in Chandler installed one of the first sets a few weeks ago....posted on FB
I'm quite close to Doetsch and see most of their posts... Never saw anything on a Bronco install. Just searched their FB page and don't see it. Not the FB search is worth a shit.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anybody know if they have adjustable height or fixed lift amount and how much? Also how much shock travel front and rear?

OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anybody know if they have adjustable height or fixed lift amount and how much? Also how much shock travel front and rear?
It looks like it is a fixed amount at 3.5". Disappointed that it's not adjustable.

Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Balt

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands SAS / 2017 Lincoln Nautilus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I WANT to buy these but I see no one running them and I like to do research before I buy. I have 20x9 wheels with +1 offset and I'm not looking to do rock crawling for maximum flex typically speaking. It's been a while since they came out does anyone have additional insight to them or know of any "influencers" running them?
Sponsored