Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello Everyone! If you are thinking of picking up some new shocks and are considering going with Fox I would think again before you buy! For a little background I have a 2021 Bronco Badlands and have had it since August of 2021. When I purchased my bronco the first thing I wanted to do was put a lift on and bigger tires for off-roading. Around November of 2021 I got the opportunity of purchasing a set of Fox 2.5 Performance coilovers that everyone has been waiting forever for. At first I was in love and didn't know any different with how shocks worked or the performance involved. I was always told Fox and King are the best so go with them.

Well over the last year or so I have been riding on those fox coilovers and let me tell you, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON FOX! I know that may be a hot take but the fox coilovers have been nothing but terrible to ride on on road and off road. They are not smooth, they are noisy, they dont adjust very well, and they wore out extremely fast. Don't get me wrong i'm not trying to hate on fox and what they do, but the product they made for the bronco is not what I had expected. I was always told they make top of the line stuff but I was sure wrong.

In the pictures below you can see the differences between the fox and falcon kits. You will see the adjusters and how much more travel you have and droop with the falcon kit as it is on the lift. The falcon kit is made by Falcon Shocks and Teraflex suspension. They are local to where I live in Utah and very big in the Jeep world. Anyone who has their kit on a Jeep will tell you they are amazing. I am here to tell you the same. I would consider getting them over any other brand. A full kit from them is way cheaper then going with Fox or King. here's a link to the kit: https://teraflex.com/2021-bronco-3-...h-3-3-falcon-fast-adjust-coilover-shocks.html

Falon makes a fantastic kit and they are way ahead of the game! I haven't had the opportunity to go off-roading very much yet because Utah is still getting tons of snow but I am very excited to go out and test more. I trust the team at Teraflex and Falcon! They will not let you down and they will be there for you no matter what. If you want the most bang for your buck and want the most performance overall I would go with Falcon! If you have questions let me know below!

falconback.jpg

falconfront.jpg

falconrear.jpg

IMG-4140.jpg

IMG-4141.jpg

IMG-4142.jpg

IMG-4143.jpg

foxfront.jpg

foxrear.jpg

foxres.jpg

falcondroop.jpg

foxdroop.jpg
Sponsored

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, I'll play.

-How did you get an opportunity to get set of Fox shocks for this Bronco? You said you have been running those shocks for about a year now? Thats quite a while
-What made you decide to ditch those shocks and get these Falcon shocks?
-How many miles do you have on these Falcon shocks so far?
-You mentioned "they dont adjust very well" what do you mean by that exactly? The adjusters or adjusting preload?

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doesn't sound like you can just get the coilovers. I've already bought all rear control arms and panhard bar...

Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn't sound like you can just get the coilovers. I've already bought all rear control arms and panhard bar...
It looks like he is using just the falcon coilover's only on this build. Hopefully teraflex will offer them separately.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just talked to them on their chat and they said no, only with the kit. The coilovers "will only work with their kit" the person said. 🙄

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Price isn't really worth it IMO. Would need to be sub 3500.

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just talked to them on their chat and they said no, only with the kit. The coilovers "will only work with their kit" the person said. 🙄
stay tuned! they will be offering the shocks by themselves soon they said.

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Price isn't really worth it IMO. Would need to be sub 3500.
When they release the shocks only kit they should be around that price

Sponsored

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When they release the shocks only kit they should be around that price
If so, that would be a great option I would be interested in barring more feedback and details on Bronco application.

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, I'll play.

-How did you get an opportunity to get set of Fox shocks for this Bronco? You said you have been running those shocks for about a year now? That's quite a while
-What made you decide to ditch those shocks and get these Falcon shocks?
-How many miles do you have on these Falcon shocks so far?
-You mentioned "they don't adjust very well" what do you mean by that exactly? The adjusters or adjusting preload?
I got them from RTR. Loren Healey posted on his Instagram story that they were available and I jumped on the opportunity to get them.
The reason I ditched the fox shocks are because of the ride quality. The adjusters on the shocks wouldn't work anymore and when i talked to fox directly they offered me no help. they told me to clean them and if that didn't work i would need take them off and mail them to them on my dollar even though they were under warranty and they had no answers for me other then that. The actually DSC adjusters wouldn't work. i didn't do anything extreme either on the shocks. Went to Moab and adjusted them as instructed and for some reason they no longer worked after i adjusted them. the preload on the spring wasn't good either. As you can see on the back shocks the travel is terrible. I got them that way. Never took them off or messed with them to ruin the ride quality. just simply went off-road and did on road driving.
I've got about 5k miles on the new falcons and have been in falcons own mule bronco and experienced how amazing they are off-road. I hope this answers your questions. I know your company is big with fox. Like I said I'm not trying to bash fox. i know they make good shocks but i was just extremely disappointed in their bronco product they released.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well you clearly say in all caps to not waste your time or money with Fox. I was curious where you got these shocks because they have still yet to release their first production batch to the public. Only a hand full of influencers got their hands on a set. There have been several changes in between then and now to our knowledge. One of those things has to do with spring rates. I'm also curious if the valving changed since Nov 21 or even piston choice. Do you have a part number for these Fox shocks by chance?

Did you consider adding preload to those adjustable coilovers, especially the rear?

DSC adjusters can be hard to turn, is that what you mean by didn't work?

We are very anxious to get our set of these shocks in so we can start testing. I have no doubt we can work our magic to make these shocks ride incredibly nice.

Falcons seem nice though, glad you like em and fit your needs.

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well you clearly say in all caps to not waste your time or money with Fox. I was curious where you got these shocks because they have still yet to release their first production batch to the public. Only a hand full of influencers got their hands on a set. There have been several changes in between then and now to our knowledge. One of those things has to do with spring rates. I'm also curious if the valving changed since Nov 21 or even piston choice. Do you have a part number for these Fox shocks by chance?

Did you consider adding preload to those adjustable coilovers, especially the rear?

DSC adjusters can be hard to turn, is that what you mean by didn't work?

We are very anxious to get our set of these shocks in so we can start testing. I have no doubt we can work our magic to make these shocks ride incredibly nice.

Falcons seem nice though, glad you like em and fit your needs.
Well that explains a lot. These shocks were terrible! They would bounce up and down and would bottom out even on the smallest bumps. The dsc adjusters were basically cemented on. Wouldn’t even turn. There were a lot of issues with the shocks. I even took off the DSc adjuster knobs and it was all rusted out. Really really bad. My question is why would they sell to the public pre production units! That is terrible!
I purchased them from rtr and paid full pricing. That Shouldn’t have happened. I don’t have a part number or at least can’t find one on my purchase order. The DSc adjusters are one issue and no I didn’t add any preload because I didn’t want to ruin anything on the shocks. All I can say is it’s really sad a company would sell pre production units without advertising it. I wouldn’t have bothered if i knew they were pre production.