Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm really curious when I hear "they wore out" on a set of 1 year old coil-overs. I've talked to a few people running the Fox set up, who have also tested the King set up and the comments were the Foxes rode better on-road, the Kings do better off-road.
I have the king setup and they are a little firm for on-road driving, but not horrible.

A side note; One of your pictures of the Fox shocks on your rear looked to be bottomed out at ride height, no preload. That would definitely give really bad ride quality. How much lift did you have into the mall around?

IMHO, I wouldn't put Falcon into the best category. But that's my opinion.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have to crawl under the truck to reach the steer shock adjusters?
no you dont. you just have to kneel down and stick your hand in there. Its actually very easy to adjust

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm really curious when I hear "they wore out" on a set of 1 year old coil-overs. I've talked to a few people running the Fox set up, who have also tested the King set up and the comments were the Foxes rode better on-road, the Kings do better off-road.
I have the king setup and they are a little firm for on-road driving, but not horrible.

A side note; One of your pictures of the Fox shocks on your rear looked to be bottomed out at ride height, no preload. That would definitely give really bad ride quality. How much lift did you have into the mall around?

IMHO, I wouldn't put Falcon into the best category. But that's my opinion.
well once again i thought i was getting the legitimate fox 2.5 coilovers. Aparently i was sold a preproduction unit and wasnt able to ride or feel out the real product. The fox setup like accutune said isnt even available. the Hoss fox shocks i heard are really good. I wouldnt doubt anyone on those. The picture i posted is right after i got them installed and yes they have no travel on them. The total lift on the shocks gave me about 2.5-3 inches.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
well once again i thought i was getting the legitimate fox 2.5 coilovers. Aparently i was sold a preproduction unit and wasnt able to ride or feel out the real product. The fox setup like accutune said isnt even available. the Hoss fox shocks i heard are really good. I wouldnt doubt anyone on those. The picture i posted is right after i got them installed and yes they have no travel on them. The total lift on the shocks gave me about 2.5-3 inches.
I wouldn't blow this up as if you were deceived or sold something that was not supposed to be sold. Those shocks are obviously legitimate. As for preload, these shocks are designed to be adjusted so you wouldn't be damaging them. Heavier spring rate may have been needed for your setup. Looks like Falcon may just have certain presets, not a threaded shock body?

You can find a part number on the end of the shock where the piston rod goes into the shock. I am curious which of the 2 styles of shocks you have. Fox has shocks for 2 door models and 4 door models. The 4-door model have 1" more travel in the rear.

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well that explains a lot. These shocks were terrible! They would bounce up and down and would bottom out even on the smallest bumps. The dsc adjusters were basically cemented on. Wouldn’t even turn. There were a lot of issues with the shocks. I even took off the DSc adjuster knobs and it was all rusted out. Really really bad. My question is why would they sell to the public pre production units! That is terrible!
I purchased them from rtr and paid full pricing. That Shouldn’t have happened. I don’t have a part number or at least can’t find one on my purchase order. The DSc adjusters are one issue and no I didn’t add any preload because I didn’t want to ruin anything on the shocks. All I can say is it’s really sad a company would sell pre production units without advertising it. I wouldn’t have bothered if i knew they were pre production.

They didn’t sell the public pre production units. You bought them secondhand from rtr

Sponsored

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you running 4" of lift with no rear track bar relocation??

Its also a bit questionable about your story not lineing up. Did you just go to the nearest offroad shop with an open checkbook and not ask any questions?

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They didn’t sell the public pre production units. You bought them secondhand from rtr
but they are clearly pre production because the actual production shocks havent been released to the public.

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you running 4" of lift with no rear track bar relocation??

Its also a bit questionable about your story not lineing up. Did you just go to the nearest offroad shop with an open checkbook and not ask any questions?
No i have a new rear track bar with the relocation bracket on there now. And no i just didnt go to a shop and buy blind. When someone as reputable as fox and rtr and loren healey post something you think your getting the real deal production unit. I didnt know anything different. Why would they post about getting the shocks in the first place.

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't blow this up as if you were deceived or sold something that was not supposed to be sold. Those shocks are obviously legitimate. As for preload, these shocks are designed to be adjusted so you wouldn't be damaging them. Heavier spring rate may have been needed for your setup. Looks like Falcon may just have certain presets, not a threaded shock body?

You can find a part number on the end of the shock where the piston rod goes into the shock. I am curious which of the 2 styles of shocks you have. Fox has shocks for 2 door models and 4 door models. The 4-door model have 1" more travel in the rear.
well thats what happened isnt it? The shocks i bought are no production units. Like you said they have changed multiple things on them. Adjusting the spring preload doesnt change the fact they are pre production and not the real deal. The real deal meaning the actual production units you can buy. Like how i got the falcons or if you get kings or fabtech. They are legitimate production units. The falcons are presets yes. They have some sort of snap ring they explained to preset the ride height if you are running larger tires. I dont have my fox shocks at the moment. Falcon has them for comparison to there shocks.

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
but they are clearly pre production because the actual production shocks havent been released to the public.
Exactly. They are pre-production because they are not released yet.

Fox did not sell these to be used by consumers.

this does not seem to be your fault- but whomever sold you these and did not let you know they were not production units.

@RTR Vehicles?

Sponsored
OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. They are pre-production because they are not released yet.

Fox did not sell these to be used by consumers.

this does not seem to be your fault- but whomever sold you these and did not let you know they were not production units.

@RTR Vehicles?
CORRECT! thats what im saying. Why would they sell pre production shocks to someone? Yes it was RTR that sold them and no they did not say they were pre production.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be honest that everything bronco seems to be rushed to market. Very few companies actually put in the time to product test beyond fitment. I do not doubt the OP bought the shocks through a reputable place or that the minimum wage sales person didn't know better. Coilover shortage in the beginning was a crap shoot. Plenty of companies hiding behind their brand and past history while cutting corners to be first to market.

Look closely, people should take note of how the "Bad" fox shocks look. Especially that oil reservoir in front of the catalytic converter. We will probably see a few of these sets come up for sale.

I understand the reputation that Falcon has, this is a new platform so let's see how they do. Got me interested because the design, looks like a decent packaging setup. Will see how they do in the long run.

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be honest that everything bronco seems to be rushed to market. Very few companies actually put in the time to product test beyond fitment. I do not doubt the OP bought the shocks through a reputable place or that the minimum wage sales person didn't know better. Coilover shortage in the beginning was a crap shoot. Plenty of companies hiding behind their brand and past history while cutting corners to be first to market.

Look closely, people should take note of how the "Bad" fox shocks look. Especially that oil reservoir in front of the catalytic converter. We will probably see a few of these sets come up for sale.

I understand the reputation that Falcon has, this is a new platform so let's see how they do. Got me interested because the design, looks like a decent packaging setup. Will see how they do in the long run.
Falcon has been amazing! I agree with you on everyone rushing into the market. Falcon impressed me by not doing that. They have had a bronco since August of 2021 and have been developing and testing their coilovers since then. They have put in endless hours of testing and they stand by there product

Bronkey

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands