Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got an update for everyone. I talked to RTR vehicles who I bought the fox coilovers from and they told me that the fox shocks they sold me were not pre production. I have a really hard time believing that because everyone on here and multiple other people have said that the fox hasnt even released their first production unit shocks to the public. They told me that RTR had a special deal with fox as a close partner that they were able to be the first company to release actual production unit shocks to the public but fox had supply chain issues with the spring manufacturer and they had to pull back selling shocks for such reason.

Something just doesn't add up. Everyone in the public that has order the fox coilovers have been waiting for almost a year now for the shocks to release and fox keeps delaying them. How was I and a few others able to get production unit shocks back in December of 2021 and no one else has them? They were only selling a few of them too. Just seems really fishy to me with everything. Maybe I'm just skeptical but I just don't understand it all.

Hopefully everyone sees this and responds with any info or thoughts you have. As far as fox goes I'm still disappointed with what has happened. I am very curious to see what @AccuTune Offroad thinks of all this. Your company is a pretty big vendor with fox and I believe your founder/CEO worked for fox directly. Anything you would know about this?

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got an update for everyone. I talked to RTR vehicles who I bought the fox coilovers from and they told me that the fox shocks they sold me were not pre production. I have a really hard time believing that because everyone on here and multiple other people have said that the fox hasnt even released their first production unit shocks to the public. They told me that RTR had a special deal with fox as a close partner that they were able to be the first company to release actual production unit shocks to the public but fox had supply chain issues with the spring manufacturer and they had to pull back selling shocks for such reason.

Something just doesn't add up. Everyone in the public that has order the fox coilovers have been waiting for almost a year now for the shocks to release and fox keeps delaying them. How was I and a few others able to get production unit shocks back in December of 2021 and no one else has them? They were only selling a few of them too. Just seems really fishy to me with everything. Maybe I'm just skeptical but I just don't understand it all.

Hopefully everyone sees this and responds with any info or thoughts you have. As far as fox goes I'm still disappointed with what has happened. I am very curious to see what @AccuTune Offroad thinks of all this. Your company is a pretty big vendor with fox and I believe your founder/CEO worked for fox directly. Anything you would know about this?
We confirmed yesterday with our Fox rep that there were quite a few changes made to these shocks since those few sets went out a year ago. Honestly at this point we would just be assuming unless we had your old shocks in hand and compared every detail. Changes included spring rates, valving and some other minor things. I am also excited to confirm we got our first set of Fox Bronco shocks in this week. We will be spending some time in the near future dialing in our tune for these shocks and get these shipped out to customers who have been patiently waiting. We have high hopes of getting these to ride really nicely with our valving. Fox is getting their first sets out to dealers now.

Our founder/CEO did not work for Fox directly, worked for a different shock company. We do have other engineers that have worked for Fox or other shock companies.

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We confirmed yesterday with our Fox rep that there were quite a few changes made to these shocks since those few sets went out a year ago. Honestly at this point we would just be assuming unless we had your old shocks in hand and compared every detail. Changes included spring rates, valving and some other minor things. I am also excited to confirm we got our first set of Fox Bronco shocks in this week. We will be spending some time in the near future dialing in our tune for these shocks and get these shipped out to customers who have been patiently waiting. We have high hopes of getting these to ride really nicely with our valving. Fox is getting their first sets out to dealers now.

Our founder/CEO did not work for Fox directly, worked for a different shock company. We do have other engineers that have worked for Fox or other shock companies.
If they have changed those things on the coilovers that means the shocks I received are not the actual production unit then correct? I know they make changes to shocks but still.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they have changed those things on the coilovers that means the shocks I received are not the actual production unit then correct? I know they make changes to shocks but still.
That is likely, yes. 100% sure, no. "Honestly at this point we would just be assuming unless we had your old shocks in hand and compared every detail."

Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you still enjoying the new coilovers? Any long term review on them. Have they started to make noise or squeak any?

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is why I’d go with Accutune.

Or in my case, the Ford Performance lift kit.

I trust both to provide a complete solution for the Bronco. Spring rate, preload, valving, travel, etc.

I love Bilstein. I’ve run them for two decades on my track cars and off-road trucks.

Last edited:

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve been running a full set of Fox performance elite’s for about a month now and aside from the comically soft stock spring rate that can be remedied somewhat they’re great. I say somewhat because due to the fact that the valving is tuned for such a low spring rate you can’t just double the spring rate without a tune also. I’d say based on personal experience you could probably add a few hundred pounds of spring but anything over that and they’re going to have to get reworked. My main issue needing stiffer springs is body roll and brake dive on the road.. Offroad they were really good on the stock springs. It squatted like a dog w/ worms too if you floored it on road.

Only other gripe is the single split-ring design on the adjuster that renders them just about non-adjustable when installed without taking them back out and compressing the spring some. Basically same design as King. I’d prefer a solid ring w/ a lock ring on top of it (like Radflo, etc). Fit/finish is pretty good too and they’re dead quiet paired with Icon tubular UCA’s.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
We are offering different rear spring packages now. But like you mentioned, they should really get revalved with the new springs. We also found the rear springs to be too soft, along with their bottom out bumpers. We've got some solutions if you ever get to that point.

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you still enjoying the new coilovers? Any long term review on them. Have they started to make noise or squeak any?
Im Still loving my Falcon Coilovers! I will say they perform way better then the fox coilovers I had. I agree with what the others have said about the spring rate on the fox coilovers. They are way too soft for what they should be. If anyone has fox on order I would wait to see a full review from Shock surplus on youtube. They have been testing all the different brands for coilovers and I am interested to see what they have to say about the fox coilovers.
If you are wanting shocks now I would go with falcon! They are amazing! They will definitely be a staple in the bronco community with there shocks. Plus they are priced very well compared to what fox or king can offer.

Sponsored

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am curious to know what the length of the Falcon front Coilover shock is. I know length has been discussed and AccuTune adds a spacer to limit full droop on the King shocks due to cv angle. I know there was a chart somewhere on the site with different manufactures and the shock measurement. Looking at the first photos with the Falcons at full droop vs the Fox there seems to be quite a difference in cv angle.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am curious to know what the length of the Falcon front Coilover shock is. I know length has been discussed and AccuTune adds a spacer to limit full droop on the King shocks due to cv angle. I know there was a chart somewhere on the site with different manufactures and the shock measurement. Looking at the first photos with the Falcons at full droop vs the Fox there seems to be quite a difference in cv angle.
From what I see, one is on the ground, one is on a lift.

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I see, one is on the ground, one is on a lift.
Yes, I agree. What I am referring to is the second photo in this post, it seems that the cv angle is extreme. I have no judgement as to that, was curious as to what the extended length of the front shock is. It would good information for a perspective buyer to know that.

Tugger5oh

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im Still loving my Falcon Coilovers! I will say they perform way better then the fox coilovers I had. I agree with what the others have said about the spring rate on the fox coilovers. They are way too soft for what they should be. If anyone has fox on order I would wait to see a full review from Shock surplus on youtube. They have been testing all the different brands for coilovers and I am interested to see what they have to say about the fox coilovers.
If you are wanting shocks now I would go with falcon! They are amazing! They will definitely be a staple in the bronco community with there shocks. Plus they are priced very well compared to what fox or king can offer.

Any trouble with your tires hitting the adjusters? They call for a min. of 4.5" backspacing, assuming your wheels are 8.5 wide with zero offset your at 4.75.

Thanks

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any trouble with your tires hitting the adjusters? They call for a min. of 4.5" backspacing, assuming your wheels are 8.5 wide with zero offset your at 4.75.

Thanks
i have no issues with the tires rubbing. My wheels are 17x9 and have an offset of +1.
Sponsored