Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got my Bilstein 6100 shocks installed on my Badlands Sasquatch. I used the highest circlip location and love the outcome!

Install was not bad, probably 6 hours total. I recommend to do the fronts first since they are a bit harder. The rears are a piece of cake.

Since the springs are more compressed at their natural position, I was expecting the ride to be more bumpy. But it actually rides better. Maybe is because I have the extra weight of the bumper and winch in the front, so things balance out at the end.

The 6100's appear to be the exact same length as the stock Sasquatch shocks. So that makes me feel happy that I am not taking the other suspension components out of their design envelope. I was worried about overstressing my CV joints with the spacer kits and that is the main reason I decided to go with this instead.

My next planned upgrade will be a 1" to 1.5" body lift to fit 37's.

From the options out there, I think the 6100's plus a small body lift is the best combination to fit 37's, with better performance over stock and without breaking the bank.

I plan to do a write up about the installation once I have time to sit down and sort through the pictures I took.

bilstein 6100 suspension ford bronco badlands sasquatch.jpg

bilstein 6100 shocks suspension ford bronco badlands sasquatch.jpg

PXL_20220903_192734168.jpg

PXL_20220903_185650665.jpg

PXL_20220903_172606456.jpg
Do bilsteins come stock with the Sasquatch...i know they come stock with my badlands?....or, are they a different model bilstein?
Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
armand0609

armand0609

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Side question, what little side steps are you using? I need something to leave on the wife's side day to day, but removable for wheeling. Thanks ✌
I designed them myself and had them made by a sheet metal shop. They are made from 304 stainless, about 3/16" thk.

They look pretty thin, but I designed them to take around 300 lbs each. I have them secured with a stainless high strength hose clamp to the stock rock rails, so I can take them off easily when off roading and do not require any holes.
Mine look black because I painted them with bed liner, to give them a bit more grip.
PM me, I have a few more laying around. I can send you a pair if you can cover shipping costs.

PXL_20220903_211324028.jpg

OP
OP
armand0609

armand0609

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This do not change the maximum CV angle extension. The shocks are exactly the same length as stock, when fully extended.
At ride height, the CV angle will change slightly, but I do not think it matters that much.

Bilstein is the OEM supplier for the Sasquatch shocks so I trust that these shocks are within the OEM specs of the CV shafts. In the installation instructions they do not mention the need to replace or adjust any other parts. They are a drop in replacement.

OP
OP
armand0609

armand0609

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do bilsteins come stock with the Sasquatch...i know they come stock with my badlands?....or, are they a different model bilstein?
These Bilstein are different than the stock Sasquatch. They are the 6100 line. They have a 2.5" diameter body. They are heavier duty than the stock Sasquatch shocks. Or at least that is how Bilstein markets them, as an upgrade for better off road performance and durability.

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
These Bilstein are different than the stock Sasquatch. They are the 6100 line. They have a 2.5" diameter body. They are heavier duty than the stock Sasquatch shocks. Or at least that is how Bilstein markets them, as an upgrade for better off road performance and durability.
And they’re shinier! 😎

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What are your center hub to metal fender measurements?

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I designed them myself and had them made by a sheet metal shop. They are made from 304 stainless, about 3/16" thk.

They look pretty thin, but I designed them to take around 300 lbs each. I have them secured with a stainless high strength hose clamp to the stock rock rails, so I can take them off easily when off roading and do not require any holes.
Mine look black because I painted them with bed liner, to give them a bit more grip.
PM me, I have a few more laying around. I can send you a pair if you can cover shipping costs.

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 shocks installed on Badlands Sasquatch - feedback review & photos PXL_20220903_211324028
Thanks for the info! I've been deciding on whether or not to fab up something similar to this. Maybe ill pull the trigger and give it a go. I might try nutserts and bolts on the backside to keep it hidden, still toying with ideas. Thanks man! If I build them soon, I'll share results. ✌

Sponsored

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks....i figured as much. will have to look into a purchase

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is it with the quest for 37s??
I did it purely for the ground clearance. Going from OEM Samsquatch tires to a true 37" is an extra ~1.25" ground clearance, which makes a very big difference when I'm aired down to 15 psi.

My comfort zone for off-road is about 8-8.5 so far in the Bronco, and I started hitting the limits of the stock Sasquatch Badlands.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands