John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So as a former total loss adjuster (10+ years) the biggest thing for the insurance company will be lowest ultimate cost. Bronco’s will total easier, even with high values, as their salvage values are thru the roof. That, coupled with an expected diminished value can make these Broncos easily totaled. I’m only familiar with Georgia diminished value laws, but here you have to make a formal request for it if you’re 3rd party, which you’d be in this case. I’d look that up in your state.

Also, don’t assume that any insurance company has your interest in mind, they’re going to act really nice though. They don’t care about you and never will.
Sponsored

CMar

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We were t-boned by a Jeep Wrangler in our 2012 Nissan Frontier. The body shop went as far as pricing out a frame replacement but stopped once they saw the firewall had been compromised. So, I think yours looks fixable but as others have said, I would not want that back afterwards. Glad your wife is OK and good luck with everything!

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are the bags deployed? That will carry a lot of weight on totaled of not. If the bags are not deployed and the firewall is clean it will likely be fixed.

madbaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco TOTALED!? or Fixable?? We’ll find out soon! 1676298735446

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When the adjuster comes out to inspect the vehicle and says no value on your aftermarket add-ons, then you should be able to take them with you. If you have receipts for all of it then he or she should equate them in the after inspection value. Hopefully they total it and allow you to buy another.

Sorry that this happened to your wife, and am glad she is ok. The explorer that hit her didn't have a rear plate but that of a car lot plate. Was the driver licensed and insured?
Is there anything that says the aftermarket parts have to be on the rig when the inspector comes? Why not just wrench them off first if you think you'll use them again? At the very least you could sell them if you don't use them.

Sponsored

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check the roll cage for rippling towards to back top arch’s , it’s a crumple zone for front end impacts. If it’s deformed in any way it’s totaled

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is there anything that says the aftermarket parts have to be on the rig when the inspector comes? Why not just wrench them off first if you think you'll use them again? At the very least you could sell them if you don't use them.
Usually the vehicle is towed to a destination chosen by the owner or insurance company. Once it arrives you may have access, and then again maybe not. But it does no good really to go wrenching before an adjuster arrives. As long as the owner has receipts for the add-ons the adjuster should adjust value.

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak (2-door), 2022 Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They ended up repairing ours with $27k in damage before diminished value back in August, but the marketing was NUTS for them still back then. Hoping you get the resolution you want either way. Ours was hit by a drunk driver at 7pm on a Tuesday, the winners really seem to find a way to hit Broncos these days.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Usually the vehicle is towed to a destination chosen by the owner or insurance company. Once it arrives you may have access, and then again maybe not. But it does no good really to go wrenching before an adjuster arrives. As long as the owner has receipts for the add-ons the adjuster should adjust value.
Sure, if you can't get to the vehicle, not much you can do, except I'd argue with whomever was keeping me from it that it's still MY truck. Nonetheless, if you won't get a fair value from the insurance claim for the add-ons that are easy enough to remove, and have an idea that you will use them on a new truck, why not remove them? I have a 3-camera dashcam system, cargo area floor safe, Bronco fender badges, rocker panels, lift struts for the hood and soft top, mud flaps, rubber floor mats, rubber covers on the back seat backs, etc. I'd take all of that if I were planning on buying another Bronco. Heck I'd take it all just to sell it if I weren't. Obviously if we're talking about a lift kit or aftermarket steering rack, that's a different story. ;)

Last edited:

Cskyline

Base
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3500Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah it will never be the same most likely. Hope you the best

Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@jwysopal Any word yet from the insurance company? Has the adjuster been out yet to inspect?

OP
OP
jwysopal

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So as a former total loss adjuster (10+ years) the biggest thing for the insurance company will be lowest ultimate cost. Bronco’s will total easier, even with high values, as their salvage values are thru the roof. That, coupled with an expected diminished value can make these Broncos easily totaled. I’m only familiar with Georgia diminished value laws, but here you have to make a formal request for it if you’re 3rd party, which you’d be in this case. I’d look that up in your state.

Also, don’t assume that any insurance company has your interest in mind, they’re going to act really nice though. They don’t care about you and never will.
Thanks! I appreciate the input! 👍

OP
OP
jwysopal

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are the bags deployed? That will carry a lot of weight on totaled of not. If the bags are not deployed and the firewall is clean it will likely be fixed.
No airbags on the bronco, so we’ll see.

OP
OP
jwysopal

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tow yard only allows things to be removed by hand, no tools, so parts swapping, due to the fact that it’s technically already release to insurance. But either way, I will get a chance to discuss and arrange removal (if it’s totaled).
Sponsored