Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something new I hadn't seen here yet...

Every post-2000 car I've driven has had some kind of steering wheel button that allows you to change between AM-FM-XM-CD-Tape-8Track-Etc. audio sources easily.

Unless I missed something, I have to go to the touch screen, audio, sources... so much work (first world problems, amirite?) Is this a Ford thing? I've been a Toyota guy, and I also drive rental cars frequently for work, so it seems this is the first vehicle with extra steps to change audio sources.
Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I second that with the volume, and add that things are backwards from my F150.

Ditto on the steering wheel controls. My F150 is a Ford and still opposite.
The best ever steering wheel controls are in my 2014 Ford Focus. At least for the cruise control. I'm going to miss it so much. It works so intuitively and you never have to look at it.

rsz-ford-focus-electric-steering-wheel.jpg

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Something new I hadn't seen here yet...

Every post-2000 car I've driven has had some kind of steering wheel button that allows you to change between AM-FM-XM-CD-Tape-8Track-Etc. audio sources easily.

Unless I missed something, I have to go to the touch screen, audio, sources... so much work (first world problems, amirite?) Is this a Ford thing? I've been a Toyota guy, and I also drive rental cars frequently for work, so it seems this is the first vehicle with extra steps to change audio sources.
"8-Track" LOL. Probably not great with mud flying around. Maybe another hero switch.

RealDeahl

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bandlands, '06 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My recirculating air turns off periodically while on the hwy. Then it seems like it’s on high/7 instead of 1 or 2 where it was at. I put the recirculate back on and sometimes it goes back to the way it was and sometimes it doesn’t. At least not for a couple more minutes.
I think the system turns off recirculation automatically if the environmental conditions would lead to fogging of the glass. I was passing a sewage treatment plant on a damp day and after 1 min Ford decided for me that I needed "Fresh" air in the cabin. My nose disagreed. I wonder if there is a Forscan fix for this?

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Evidence that this vehicle was built with warm climate in mind, not cold/snowy... It's bad design, or wasn't tested in snow conditions.
Is this not also a problem with a Wrangler?

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One issue that I have experienced that others didn’t mention is the placement of the headlight switch. On several occasions both my wife and my self have inadvertently bumped the switch with a knee while getting in or out of the driver seat. I even got the angry “why did you turn off the automatic headlights on my truck”? call from my wife after she drove halfway home in the dark with her lights off. She did not believe my explanation. Perhaps this is a short people issue but either way it’s another quirk that needs to be dealt with.
This has been a problem on a lot of Ford vehicles that went to the rotary dial to select lights. I still tag the dial in the Navigator with my knee when I get in on a regular basis, and I too get some grief from the wife for messing with her lights.

Ford Bronco Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!? 487354C2-9A32-4F48-8720-762252DD8085

Last edited:

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely! I didn't mean to knock him, I actually enjoy his stuff and subscribe to his channels and sometimes hit up his cars and bids site. He's a cool dude, unique personality, but you can't deny he could quite literally be a muppet and it wouldn't be far off lol. Voice is what does it for me.
Don't worry, my wife asks me to put headphones on when I go on a Dougathon 🤣

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The best ever steering wheel controls are in my 2014 Ford Focus. At least for the cruise control. I'm going to miss it so much. It works so intuitively and you never have to look at it.

Ford Bronco Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!? 487354C2-9A32-4F48-8720-762252DD8085
Yeah, it makes no sense that they switched from something that was very intuitive to something that you have to look at. Defeats the whole purpose of steering wheel controls.

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is this not also a problem with a Wrangler?
Haven't driven in a ton of snow so I'm sure one of the hardcore midwesterners will be along to correct me, but my experience with a JK wranger was not really. There's enough of a lip of body between the door seam and the fender (which also itself slopes down a little more quickly than the Bronc's seems to) that you have to have a lot of buildup before it starts scraping. Also helps that the Jeeps' fenders seem to do a decent job of not pitching as much stuff up there to begin with.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, it makes no sense that they switched from something that was very intuitive to something that you have to look at. Defeats the whole purpose of steering wheel controls.
I agree, I was also bummed they didn't include paddle shifters. They also shouldn't have given such a cheap quality steering wheel in the base model. They could've sprung to make them all at least the same quality.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, I was also bummed they didn't include paddle shifters. They also shouldn't have given such a cheap quality steering wheel in the base model. They could've sprung to make them all at least the same quality.
I couldn't care less about paddle shifters but I know what you mean.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The seat belt alarm goes off when my labrador sits in the front passenger seat 🙄
Had the same problem.... but I made a piece to go into the seat belt buckle.... traced the belt end on a piece of thin fiberglass sheet... cut it out like the seat belt end.... put it in the buckle and it thinks the seat belt is latched... remove when needed...

AaronW

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest quirk that actually bugs me is the poor soft top design for the driver/passenger. The lip guides water into the cabin with your windows down. Really sucks going through a drive-thru and you and the door is soaked.

And yes this is a complaint because of the poor engineering.
Sponsored