Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

Marsalad

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yes, Mustang's audio controls (Vol +/-, previous/next track, and mute) are on the left spoke. Cruise control below them on the left side.
2015-2017 Mustang audio controls were on the right, 2018+ are on the left. This took some getting used to when I got my 2020 after owning a 2017.
Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
oh, I just remembered one, that I don't think has been mentioned yet...

The fact that the auto unlock is for the front doors only. In a year or 2 it won't be a problem, but right now I put my kids in the car first. So I'm opening the back door first. To get around this I've been sticking my hand in the front door handle to unlock, and then opening the rear door to let my 6yr old in. Like I said, in a year or 2 he won't need this assistance. Barely needs it now, but I still do it vs him wildly swinging the door open.

I also realize this only effects those with kids aged 0-8. So probably a small demo.

A55_CACTUS

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fv cars
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh look another cringefest.

Starting to sound like a CNN Article.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
oh, I just remembered one, that I don't think has been mentioned yet...

The fact that the auto unlock is for the front doors only. In a year or 2 it won't be a problem, but right now I put my kids in the car first. So I'm opening the back door first. To get around this I've been sticking my hand in the front door handle to unlock, and then opening the rear door to let my 6yr old in. Like I said, in a year or 2 he won't need this assistance. Barely needs it now, but I still do it vs him wildly swinging the door open.

I also realize this only effects those with kids aged 0-8. So probably a small demo.
Wife's F250 is that way as well, standing in between the doors so I can tap the inside of the front handle then open the back one for the kids has become habit by now

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you’re talking about a hill hold feature i don’t think it has one. however, in the crawler gear, i think that the brake might auto engage to hold you. i could be totally wrong through.
it has hill hold (i hate it, just let the truck roll)

Sponsored

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Overall i'm really stoked with my First Edition. All my annoyances are minor except one.

- Horn honk on exit. I have property and have 2 gates to open/close when I pull my bronco out of the shop and leave for the day. I'm sure my neighbors loved the first few days when I'd leave at 5:30 am and the Bronco was honking away. hahaha I will adjust with ForScan
- Clicking in the hardtop. I read this could be fixed with some flacking tape on the metal tabs. I'm going to try this when it comes back from being Xpel wrapped this week.
- But the biggest one. I freaking HATE where the grab handles are. They are useless getting in and out of the Bronco for me and anyone else that gets in. I bashed my knee so hard on the drivers side one that it drew blood. I think i'm going to to just remove the driver side one for now until I figure out what to do.

Other those things, which are pretty minor i've been really please with a first year brand new model truck. Power is good, Drives great, brakes are great, comfortable on longer trips. I don't regret my purchase at all.
HARDTOP CLICKING IS FUCKING KILLING ME

Jmaher

Base
First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Bronco base, 16’ GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've noticed that if I try to roll up all 4 windows at the same time, sometimes the front passenger window will just stop half way up
Mine does the same thing. Not sure what that’s all about. And I’ve had the sceeen blank out on me twice in the first week.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really wish there was a mute button. Our JT has a mute button that also pauses whatever is playing. It's perfect for the drive thru or other cases where I just need it silent for a second. I've had vehicles with mute on the steering wheel - even better!

I can obviously find pause on the screen, too, but this is the quirks thread.

2. Android Auto just kinda sucks and feels useless to me(Never used it before this FYI) Text alerts are only viewable on the Android Auto tab, not whichever screen you're on, making it even more hands on. Straight Bluetooth works great. Uninstalled.
Man, I couldn't disagree more with this. I love Android Auto. Using voice activation is key, though. Have it read your messages to you. Tell it to take you somewhere. Play music. All with your voice.

You have to hold the voice activation button (rather than press and release) to activate Google Assistant, but it works great for me.

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) RATTLING NOISE FROM HARDTOP
2) Windows don't open fast enough and catch on top
3) 2 cup holders in a vehicle with 5 seats?
4) No large tach on cluster (for manual trans should have replaced extra speedo)
5) Unless i just havent figured it out yet how do you easily see saved artists/stations on XM?

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, it is bizarre that they suddenly switched the volume controls to the left hand side of the steering wheel after being on the right for decades. Even the gauge cluster is left handed. It makes no sense.
Australian design... The steering wheel is on the right

Sponsored

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
HARDTOP CLICKING IS FUCKING KILLING ME
Agreed. Mine is only doing it on the passenger side. I picked it up from the dealer yesterday it was getting Xpel wrapped and tinted. I'm going to put some of that flacking tape on the tabs tonight and see if that helps.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was an issue in my Tacoma but it just happened from regular driving. Drove me nuts.
Maybe someone will come up with a cowl deflector. Lol
Having 90Km/h wind gusts today!

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brakes are mushy? Never driven a 5th gen 4Runner I see. Good Lord that thing was hard to brake and it nosedived like drunk college kid. Bronco brakes are a HUGE upgrade from that.
My brakes are mushy too... I chalked it up to the brakes not broken in yet. But it's long travel and not strong... My Escape has STRONG brakes

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So people complaining about the dash visor over the 12" screen blocking the clock.
I moved around so this was the case for me, and the first thing I thought was, what the fuck are you doing sitting like this!? Lol
Please, PLEASE send me a pic of you sitting in your Bronco 🤷🤣