Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

" Oh noes! My Bronco leaks oxygen in space.... design flaw! Fail!" We really need to temper our expectations on what this vehicle is designed for. Watched the whole video and drove through a blizzard in my soft top. It performed like a champ. I was warm and safe and made it home safely. I can't ask for more.
Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so if you are driving 70 mph in an oncoming 80 mph wind are you experiencing 150 mph forces on the soft top?

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the midpoint clips (above the rear doors) were not latched. It seems to be a problem with the softtops.
obviously they are not clipped. lucky the entire thing didn't blow off.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I seriously can’t stand either one of them. If you stop watching their crap videos they will get demonetized and stop making said crap.

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4x4 soft tops started doing this since the Jeep JK 4 door top. On the Jeep TJ, the soft top has plastic edge retainers that you fold under the top retainer channel and it doesn't do this. But with the JK, since it has the sunrider feature, Jeep dropped those retainers and used a cable retainer instead so that it would be easier to flip the sunrider portion back. The negative of that is that in any heavy crosswind it will lift the cable-drawn part of the top up like that.

Personally I wish these style soft tops would go back to the Jeep TJ style retainer because there is no possibility of a crosswind blowing it off.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost doesn’t count.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah that guy has a video up of the soft top opening on the highway in high winds.

So the soft top sucks...at least the hard top is perfect and readily available
Soft tops are gonna leak something, water, snow, air, noise…something. I’d rather sleep under a roof than a tent, same goes for driving.

Sponsored

Ukon

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Who is really dumb enough to drive 78mph during those conditions? And drive across the medium. They are. Really stupid on their part
I was, and still sometimes am!
I didn’t actually watch their video, so can’t speak to their circumstance, but I spent over 30 years in a job where the weather, regardless of how extreme, was not an excuse to not come to work.
I got counseled once for being 15 minutes late in a blizzard, after I had spun around in the middle of a 3 lane highway, and landed in a snow bank.
Now that I’m retired I only engage in such stupidity when I have to drive my wife to/from work when it snows bad enough that she‘s afraid to drive.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4x4 soft tops started doing this since the Jeep JK 4 door top. On the Jeep TJ, the soft top has plastic edge retainers that you fold under the top retainer channel and it doesn't do this. But with the JK, since it has the sunrider feature, Jeep dropped those retainers and used a cable retainer instead so that it would be easier to flip the sunrider portion back. The negative of that is that in any heavy crosswind it will lift the cable-drawn part of the top up like that.

Personally I wish these style soft tops would go back to the Jeep TJ style retainer because there is no possibility of a crosswind blowing it off.
I have the sunrider option on my LJ and it has the retainers you mention.

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The rolled over vehicle has been checked on when there's yellow caution tape on the vehicle. But at least they were concerned.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More concerned with people who can't get off their fucking phones while driving on the freeway than high winds. What is wrong with these people?
addicted to attention……social media attention whores. The world is literally filled with millions upon millions of people like this. Driving 78 mph in 80 mph winds ……on the phone…….blabbering non stop ignorant comments.……..and then trying to make it as though there is something wrong with their top? This is all staged ignorance.
Sponsored