First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As I continue my research of Bronco models prior to the Build and Price arrival, I am seriously leaning toward a blending of the best features found in both the Badlands and the Wildtrak models. Unlike a First Edition, it would allow me to select an Antimatter Blue body and marine grade vinyl interior. It would have the sway bar disconnect, steel bumpers, etc. from the Badlands as well as the 2.7L, modular black top, etc. from the Wildtrak. It would be a “Wildlands” equipped to take me wherever I seek to live my wild life.

If this vision is executed, I might seek an industrial designer to assist me in creating a new badge for my creation. It might have the yellow color of a Badlands badge with the design shape of a Wildtrak badge.
Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you mean from ford? I doubt were going to have that kind of flexibility.

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you mean from ford? I doubt were going to have that kind of flexibility.
I have spent time understanding the options available to a Badlands model. I would simply be adding into the Badlands with options such as Sasquatch, 2.7L, High Package, Modular top. All those options are available from Ford as my vehicle is being built. Keep in mind, I was ready to buy a First Edition, but held back once I understood the limited exterior colors and interior. I realize adding options to a Badlands could be pricy, but I do not expect it to exceed the cost of a First Edition. Time will tell.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have spent time understanding the options available to a Badlands model. I would simply be adding into the Badlands with options such as Sasquatch, 2.7L, High Package, Modular top. All those options are available from Ford as my vehicle is being built. Keep in mind, I was ready to buy a First Edition, but held back once I understood the limited exterior colors and interior. I realize adding options to a Badlands could be pricy, but I do not expect it to exceed the cost of a First Edition. Time will tell.
This is my plan as well.
I like the creativity “Wild Lands”

Sponsored
OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just want the WildTrak with vinyl... guess that makes me one of these “wildlands” seekers also! Can’t wait for Build and Price!
Excellent!
You have heard the call of the Wild!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I continue my research of Bronco models prior to the Build and Price arrival, I am seriously leaning toward a blending of the best features found in both the Badlands and the Wildtrak models. Unlike a First Edition, it would allow me to select an Antimatter Blue body and marine grade vinyl interior. It would have the sway bar disconnect, steel bumpers, etc. from the Badlands as well as the 2.7L, modular black top, etc. from the Wildtrak. It would be a “Wildlands” equipped to take me wherever I seek to live my wild life.

If this vision is executed, I might seek an industrial designer to assist me in creating a new badge for my creation. It might have the yellow color of a Badlands badge with the design shape of a Wildtrak badge.
Like the idea here. You did just gift the idea to Ford for free, so save the money on the badge. By the time you get your Bronco, they'd already have it up and ready for the 2022! ?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good luck on your "Badtrack"?

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good luck on your "Badtrack"?
I actually thought about that. Unfortunately it would combine to Badtrak without the “c”. That seems wrong to me. Oh well, it is fun to dream as a way to pass time until the Build and Price function arrives.

Sponsored

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will put a tune on my Wildlands like I did my Raptor. No need for Sport since it is always in Sport. I did a Cobb custom tune with a larger intercooler.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am exactly where you are at for desired build. The only thing that i a still questioning is the loss of sport mode on the badlands. What I still can figure out is exactly what the difference is between sport and Baja mode. Some have described Baja as sport + mode. If that is accurate then I will stick with the badlands plus options like you have described.

The other consideration would be Wildtrak with marine vinyl and rubberized floors which isn’t currently available.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will put a tune on my Wildlands like I did my Raptor. No need for Sport since it is always in Sport. I did a Cobb custom tune with a larger intercooler.
I have tuned my last 3 toys but i hate throwing the warranty into jeopardy so soon.

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have tuned my last 3 toys but i hate throwing the warranty into jeopardy so soon.
I know. It depends on the dealership more than anything. I spoke to my Cobb Protuner and he ordered a 2.7 auto right away too to practice on.
I think a Badlands, mid, maybe squash and cherry pick the heated steering wheel and adaptive cruise would be all I want.....but I might just go Lux.

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am exactly where you are at for desired build. The only thing that i a still questioning is the loss of sport mode on the badlands. What I still can figure out is exactly what the difference is between sport and Baja mode. Some have described Baja as sport + mode. If that is accurate then I will stick with the badlands plus options like you have described.

The other consideration would be Wildtrak with marine vinyl and rubberized floors which isn’t currently available.
Yes, several different directions await us once the Build/Price arrives. I am not holding out hope for “switch outs” like floor of seat fabrics in the Wildtrak build. I understand opting in a 2.7L to a Badlands requires auto trans with sport and Baja and that is OK for me. I really like the Trail Turn Assist which comes with the auto. Currently I see no down side as I craft my “Wildlands”! Happy here!
Sponsored