Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Audi CQ, '97 4Runner, 2011 FX35
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those wondering about package levels, the original form did ask Yes/No for the Lux package. The data collected thus far doesn't really support it a package issue, in my opinion. Nor do I see any strong correlations to any of the other options we are tracking or trim levels.

Less than 50% of the Ice Mountain residents ordered the Lux package...see below.

Ford Bronco Ice Mountain Tracker (Dirt Mountain v2.0) 1643923889420

And of the 31 released so far, about one third of them were Lux packages.

Ford Bronco Ice Mountain Tracker (Dirt Mountain v2.0) 1643924014534

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That field will never pop. It is not used on Bronco and has been verified through looking up previously built and delivered Broncos.
So maybe not ACC? Or not just ACC?

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those wondering about package levels, the original form did ask Yes/No for the Lux package. The data collected thus far doesn't really support it a package issue, in my opinion.

Less than 50% of the Ice Mountain residents ordered the Lux package...see below.

But it comes standard on OBX and Badlands without LUX? Could be mostly ACC and something else as well …

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But it comes standard on OBX and Badlands without LUX? Could be mostly ACC and something else as well …
No. It is not standard on any model. It requires the selection of LUX.

Sponsored

jbrentd

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Audi CQ, '97 4Runner, 2011 FX35
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I assume ACC is adaptive cruise control? My '21 OBX doesn't have it.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No. It is not standard on any model. It requires the selection of LUX.
I am checking the model comparison matrix … ACC is listed as an Available Option for the OBX, Badlands and Wildtrak. FF did I get that right? 😊

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

All,
This is not good but I'm going to defend Ford. This whole thing has been, for the most part during COVID. I can't find sardines in Hot Sauce for crying out loud. Yeah, they may be earning $$$, but I'm telling you the T1 suppliers are trying to keep in on the road. Labor shortages, material shortages and you name it. Think about masks. Who likes to wear a mask in a production facility? (I do for 24 hours a week) Not me.
Bottom line, this is not good, but this is not deliberate and there are tons of factors that contribute, not Ford being greedy or mean.
Flame away but know I hate this for all that are affected.
Sincerely,
sniffHound

P.S. I want my ride sooo bad.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I assume ACC is adaptive cruise control? My '21 OBX doesn't have it.
Yeah … it comes only with LUX … I don’t know my way around these upscale models.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am checking the model comparison matrix … ACC is listed as an Available Option for the OBX, Badlands and Wildtrak. FF did I get that right? 😊
Available is not standard. Only available if you select the LUX option.

Sponsored

gopats54

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2021 Jeep 4XE 2018 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those wondering about package levels, the original form did ask Yes/No for the Lux package. The data collected thus far doesn't really support it a package issue, in my opinion. Nor do I see any strong correlations to any of the other options we are tracking or trim levels.

1643923889420.png

1643924014534.png
Thank you. This is generally what we were seeing in our build week and reassuring that there is no specific trend. Guess it's my way of saying we are all stuck in the 💩 show together. Seems to be a bad part (if it is a chip/module) that affects all builds as I don't think they would have sent this many to a QC hold immediately. They must have thought this part was OK. I did notice a part change in the ETIS before they shut that down indicating a change of parts on the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster) module. I think every build if you could look at the specific VIN#'s could have been compared. Even looking at a shipped unit vs. a non-shipped we could see which assembly part number they used. This is how they QC the vendor changes on the lines as they swap from say a primary to secondary supplier when dealing with outages and supply chain issues.

Ford Bronco Ice Mountain Tracker (Dirt Mountain v2.0) 1643925228904

Last edited:

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you. This is generally what we were seeing in our build week and reassuring that there is no specific trend. Guess it's my way of saying we are all stuck in the 💩 show together. Seems to be a bad part (if it is a chip/module) that affects all builds as I don't think they would have sent this many to a QC hold immediately. They must have thought this part was OK. I did notice a part change in the ETIS before they shut that down indicating a change of parts on the IPC module. I think every build if you could look at the specific VIN#'s could have been compared. Even looking at a shipped unit vs. a non-shipped we could see which assembly part number they used. This is how they QC the vendor changes on the lines as they swap from say a primary to secondary supplier when dealing with outages and supply chain issues.

Ford Bronco Ice Mountain Tracker (Dirt Mountain v2.0) 1643925228904
ETIS? IPC module? Please & thank you!

gopats54

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2021 Jeep 4XE 2018 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ETIS? IPC module? Please & thank you!
ETIS was a site we could check the modules and build information on our vehicles. Included part numbers and when the modules were activated/last checked. Ford has since shutdown the link. One of the modules in my build: IPC (I believe that is Instrument Panel Cluster) has a different part number than two identical builds (Wildtrack 2022 and all options) delivered to a dealership 2 weeks prior to my build date. Since the IPC is the same for all of us, that is my theory on the issue.

Last edited:

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ETIS was a site we could check the modules and build information on our vehicles. Included part numbers and when the modules were activated/last checked. Ford has since shutdown the link for us on that. One of the modules in my build IPC (I believe that is Instrument Panel Cluster) has a different part number than two identical builds (Wildtrack 2022 and all options) delivered to a dealership 2 weeks prior to my build date. Since the IPC is the same for all of us, that is my theory on the issue.
Best theory yet … bet you there will be folks wanting Ford to ship theirs without the instrument cluster.😧
Sponsored