Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’d have to measure my JKUR, but I don’t think it is much deeper than 3 feet, and the 4 dr Bronco has less volume behind the rear seat than the JKU does, so 2.5 may be close, and also might be the measurement at the top of the seat vs the bottom (though 2 feet on the 2 dr is certainly at the bottom you would think.
The measurements I’ve seen for the JKU are 34.5” deep. This was my measurement based on where I guessed the back of the rear seat would be at floor level. Take it for what it’s worth. JKU lists 31 cu ft behind the sending row, Bronco lists over 35 cu ft.

Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event 75391CFD-2800-42F1-B333-A62D6B45ACFB
Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s unfortunate they won’t commit to a white top option.
They did such a great design basing it off the 1st generation bronco.

I would hate for them to screw that up by not offering a white hard top.

I guess I can always have it painted. But come on ford, do the right thing here.

camnut

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So the only difference is the removable cargo windows? Seems like a no brainer if it’s more $
Seems so.... price will definitely be a factor. Im hoping this comes on the 2 door as well, since thats where im leaning. My boy has to have his face out a window. lol

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Two of my questions that I’m not happy about. Rear seat length is the same as a 2 door at only 36. And depth of the cargo is only 6 inches longer??

So a shallow back seat and shallow trunk, yet the car is 12” longer. It doesn’t add up. The HOPE is that they were rounding up/down to the half foot. A 2.5 ft (30” trunk is very shallow). My outback is 41”
Maybe 2 door is more like 22” and 4 door is 32”. With 2 door being rounded up to the half foot and 4 door being rounded down. To me that makes sense given the additional length of the 4 door. And the fact that the 2 door cargo is probably really shallow given they somehow achieved rear seat room the same as the four door.

I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure this out and scaling pics of the side and rear profile pics on my computer using the 35” wheel, overall width of car, and fords rear shoulder room dimensions as reference points - I’m guesstimating 32” deep, 47” wide for the 4 door.

I attached a wrangler photo. As you could see bronco is definitely wider with swing out door and narrower frame for cage, but bronco is also shallower. It seems more usable cargo given the bodywork is taller so more stacking power from floor to window.

Anyway - So if the top half of the cargo area above the wheel arches is 2 or 3” wider and I just average out 47” Wide loading floor and 51-53” = 50” average width across floor to ceiling. 50x32x38 (guesstimate for height) that’s 60,800 cubic inches / 1728 (inches in cubic feet) is over 35 cubic feet. So that sounds right given fords specs.

In terms of usable cargo, not blocking windows. I’m getting to 32x47x23 = exactly 20 cubic feet of ‘real world’ cargo use.

My outback is WAY deeper at 41 but not as wide and way shorter from floor to window only 18”. So my usable cargo to window calc ends up being 18 cubic feet so somewhat of an improvement.

For comparison the wrangler is 41x34x20 (est height to window) so 16 cubic feet of cargo from floor to window.

A251A386-A685-4DE3-8437-4C3AC21E0A1F.jpeg

06293541-C753-4B44-8395-264772E330F6.jpeg

D65F9D5C-9657-4ED5-B99F-56FE308BAA89.png
total cargo cubic feet for 2dr is 23.6 and 4 dr is 35.6 (50.8% bigger). Given the cargo space is identical, any pick up in cargo is from the depth of the space. So my numbers make sense - 22" deep on 2 dr, and 33" on 4 dr is 50%. Was off 1" but let's call it a rounding error.

33" sounds accurate based on others' findings. Also there was a dimension that showed 30" to the lid of the pull out tray. But looking at the video of the trunk, there is another 2 to 3 inches of trim work on the pull out tray, bumping the 30" back to the 32/33" dimension. So a few people that ran dimensions are landing within an inch or so of that dimension.

Sponsored

Adamsbronco

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seems so.... price will definitely be a factor. Im hoping this comes on the 2 door as well, since thats where im leaning. My boy has to have his face out a window. lol
The remove windows are pretty cool I will admit! But my pug and bulldog can’t even reach up that high haha

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!

Q. Will the Velocity Blue be available for order with late delivery or a separate ordering scheme?
A. It will be available for order at launch. Delivery may be delayed.

This is huge. Not great news, but at least I know I can order it... Just hope I can get an idea of what delayed means...
MAY be ...... that is key. Another insider mentioned that Ford is pushing really hard to get it in the line up at launch. They have a little "catch up" to play with the supply line.
Maybe they'll succeed, maybe not.
My uninformed OPINION would be that it is just as likely that VB MAY NOT be delayed.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I missed it, but it doesn't seem anyone is talking about the cu. ft. behind the first row. Not sure how the leg room can be similar from 2-door to 4-door, with the difference in cu. ft. being twice that of behind the second row numbers.

Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event 1597329965255

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone notice the ARB hydraulic jack on the roof rack. $800 jack. Whoof. (BTW its supposed to be carried standing up, not lying down). I have no idea why I posted this. I'm gonna go do something productive...
Buys $800 jack, stores it incorrectly, does no planned maintenance to the expensive jack, then in year 4 gets a flat. Mucho money Jack don’t work so good. Jack is crap, screw Ford I’m getting a a Blazer!

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s unfortunate they won’t commit to a white top option.
They did such a great design basing it off the 1st generation bronco.

I would hate for them to screw that up by not offering a white hard top.

I guess I can always have it painted. But come on ford, do the right thing here.
I believe it will be available. Why would they keep showing the white top version on multiple press event outings on the cactus grey bronco. That would be almost a bait and switch type move. Reserve now but when you go to order it is not available. Offering the white top is another opportunity for Ford to build in pricing margin as an upgrade. Look how Porsche became so profitable for VW group.

Sponsored

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some good... some not so good in there. I appreciate the info from this forum. Such a great place. Also glad to see my Gunner Kennel should fit in the back of the two door without having to fold the rear seats down!

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, in the Youtube video just posted for the 4-door Outerbanks model they show the rear window being removed with just an easy push of a button. Pretty cool. You can see it here:

That modular top is awesome! It will be curious to know what the wind buffeting will be like with those rear most windows out.

it should make for removal of the rear roof section a lot easier to handle while taking that section off.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Q. Will there be a white or silver grille/fender/hardtop options?
A. More to come closer to launch. Currently the grilles, fenders, and tops listed on the website are the only options. That may change.
Well, that's better than flat out "no." I hope there is a boatload of aftermarket grille designs and colors to compensate if Ford does not offer flexibility on the grilles and top colors.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe I missed it, but it doesn't seem anyone is talking about the cu. ft. behind the first row. Not sure how the leg room can be similar from 2-door to 4-door, with the difference in cu. ft. being twice that of behind the second row numbers.

1597329965255.png
I've been harping on this for a month. There is no way the rear legroom is identical at 36". The volume numbers clearly say otherwise. Ive raised this question in various Q&As, but it sounds like nobody wants to contradict FoMoCos released numbers. I feel so strong about this, that i've convinced myself that the 4 door backseat is bigger than the 36.3" rear legroom advertised, and i've no longer flagged it as a concern. Not a ton bigger, but some - given there is a loss on rear seat volume on the 2 door given the seats are narrower between the wheel wells.

The difference of volume of behind the front row and second row imply rear seat volume of:
2 dr - 28.7
4 dr - 42.0

So thats a 32% loss over the 4dr.

Comparing rear hip - 43.3" vs 54.8" = 21% loss
or comparing rear shoulder - 51.8" vs 56.5" = 8% loss

So figure as a midpoint between hip and shoulder, is a 15% loss in width. That leaves the rest of the space in length. And the 4 door legroom should definitely be longer than the 2 dr. Not identical at 36.3"
Sponsored

Last edited: