First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do you all want the VIn #? What does that accomplish? I received a VIN number and a build date last November, no truck yet?
Considering all of the other "gotchas" along the way AFTER getting a VIN, it doesn't mean much. I think some view it as a step in the right direction, like a promotion. Mainly, I think it verifies that your order does actually exist on some level. :) I'm waiting for a Bronco. It will either show up before I get tired and buy something else, or it won't. Not much more I can do about it. Not staying very pumped, but still standing by, largely because of price protection.
Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Called ford yesterday to chat about my order. #1 just to make sure it was still in there, and #2 to try to find some kind of answer as to when they think I might be getting a VIN/build date.

Keep in mind, I'm not a reservation holder. I placed a 2022 order in early November 2021. One of the 1st 5 orders for 2022s at the dealership I like to work with about a 90 minute drive from home.

I have a 22 race red badlands with every option but leather (lux, towing, hard top, etc) so pretty much every restrained item from the past.

The extremely nice gal from Ford said she had seen a ton (like thousands) of vins be issued in the last 7-10 days for vehicles very similarly spec'd as mine with those constrained items. Essentially all fully loaded broncos. It sounds like it's only a matter of time here (possibly weeks not months) before I get a VIN and build date. So we'll see...

Might have all been hot air, but figured I'd pass it along for those still painfully waiting. I'm only 5 months in here lol.
I am a reservation holder July 18th. WT/Lux/Modular bumper/Hitch/MIC. No VIN.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Called ford yesterday to chat about my order. #1 just to make sure it was still in there, and #2 to try to find some kind of answer as to when they think I might be getting a VIN/build date.

Keep in mind, I'm not a reservation holder. I placed a 2022 order in early November 2021. One of the 1st 5 orders for 2022s at the dealership I like to work with about a 90 minute drive from home.

I have a 22 race red badlands with every option but leather (lux, towing, hard top, etc) so pretty much every restrained item from the past.

The extremely nice gal from Ford said she had seen a ton (like thousands) of vins be issued in the last 7-10 days for vehicles very similarly spec'd as mine with those constrained items. Essentially all fully loaded broncos. It sounds like it's only a matter of time here (possibly weeks not months) before I get a VIN and build date. So we'll see...

Might have all been hot air, but figured I'd pass it along for those still painfully waiting. I'm only 5 months in here lol.
3/19/21 order here.

Velocity Blue Outerbanks, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MIC top

Not really expecting to get ours this year considering how many others have been waiting much longer and deserve to be having fun in their Broncos first. I really hope Ford gets their act together and takes care of the people that were supporters from day 1. Hope to see you Chicago folks rolling around the streets soon.

Screenshot_20220402-184025_Chrome.jpg

AK Dcoy

Outer Banks
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m about to give Ford the finger. I think I’ll go buy a Toyota. And I have 4 Fords in my driveway for a 2 driver household.
7/5/21 res.

FIDO

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 expedition, 2013 C-Max Energi & 7 T-Birds
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree with what's being said so far. It seems Ford is more interested in bringing out new models than taking care of their existing, patient customers. In the mean time dealers are selling brand new ones on Bring-a-Trailer! What's wrong with this picture!!!

Sponsored
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.windowsticker.forddirect.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another option, use this link and put your reservation # at the end of the link, you have to logged into the Ford web sight. I checked mine and have a scheduled production date of 5/9/22, no vin yet, but theirs hope, maybe by summer.

https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How does one breach the subject of getting a $100 gift card? I've been waiting a long time with no VIN or update of any kind. I call periodically and they tell me basically nothing...

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another option, use this link and put your reservation # at the end of the link, you have to logged into the Ford web sight. I checked mine and have a scheduled production date of 5/9/22, no vin yet, but theirs hope, maybe by summer.

https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=
If you have a build date, then you have an assigned VIN. I got both my build week (5/2) and my VIN from the Ford Chat and not my dealer. You can also ask you dealer to give you your VIN. They have access to get you that information.

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
aren't most of those built and sitting in the holding lots though waiting for chips? that doesn't really affect the 2022 orders with no vin. they can slap those modules in and get them out the door pretty quick one would think.
No sir, I am a sept 2020 res holder and I still have no Vin#.

Lovecato

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Good luck… truly, not sarcastically!

Sponsored

sphaller

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you have a build date, then you have an assigned VIN. I got both my build week (5/2) and my VIN from the Ford Chat and not my dealer. You can also ask you dealer to give you your VIN. They have access to get you that information.
Same here, nothing from dealer or email, but got confirmation on build week (5/23) and VIN straight from Ford.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
don't know what to say BUT my dealer tells me everything.

I will say this ... I don't bug them very often BUT when I do have a valid question, they will often answer it. They even let me see stuff the public does not see.

Guess what? You answered your own question about why people don't ask their dealer for information.

Who would have imagined that the average car dealer was an unreliable source of information?