Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I couldn't take it anymore and fired off a few tweets last week sharing my level of unhappiness with my Bronco being in limbo for the last month. Ford DM'd me and asked for some specific info (likely to verify I am indeed a legit reservation holder) then responded with this:
"Thank you for getting that information for me, Jamie. I will be escalating this case to our specialized Vehicle Reservation team. Your case number is CAS-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXX. For direct assistance regarding your case, I recommend contacting the Marketing Program Headquarters (MPH) at 1-800-334-4375, option 3. Marketing hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday). Will A. Ford Service Team"

This was last Thursday.
I called today to see if this effort could yield any results and the person I spoke to on the phone looked up my vehicle and said, "I see it is in discussion currently so you should expect to see some sort of communication via email or through the Ford Tracker soon." I asked her what she meant by it is "in discussion" and she said that if that field on her screen is blank, she would not be comfortable telling the customer anything related to timing. If the field has that message (in discussion) her experience has been that the customer is notified of movement in the system via email and or tracker.

I am just curious what "in discussion" means exactly. It is an odd term to use and I asked her a couple of times about it and she repeated that specific phrase so I believe her system actually says "in discussion".

Has anyone else taken this approach? Using social media to escalate their case? If so, what was your experience like? Did you receive any useful information on your Bronco?
Sponsored

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are they discussing whether or not I get my Bronco?

Also, they offered some sort of special lease incentive on my current lease.
Not sure what it is as they told me I need to call my dealership and provide them with this specific program number and code for me.
Wondering if they are planning on not getting me my Bronco any time soon and are extending my lease for less money or something. Hell IDK anymore LOL!

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i talked to a person at ford for my time line and was told it was To Be Discussed. i just assumed they saw TBD and made up their own term.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, Ford Canada’s social media team is amazing! :rolleyes:

I sent them a message on Facebook Messenger recently asking if my order I placed at my local Ford dealership will show up on my Ford.ca account (like my Ford Lightning reservation did). They asked for a bunch of information on my order - No problem, I sent them everything.

Then they respond with a Customer Service rep will email me in a couple days. Uh, ok, that’s fine.

Couple days goes by and I do receive an email. Essentially asking me how they can help me and that they’ll work with the dealership to resolve my question. Super - Thanks for not listening. I simply asked if my order will show on my Ford.ca account. This is not a dealership question it’s a simple yes or no.

They finally respond with some BS that my dealership will be able to provide the most up-to-date information blah blah blah and that the CR rep will follow-up with me in a couple weeks on my inquiry.

Why bother? You’ve turned my simple question into a convoluted mess.

As a (potential) first-time Ford customer, this entire process has been a dumpster fire.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“In discussion” sounds like a canned message meaning a generic response they’re pushing to keep the public relations audience happy. The bit about your lease sounds positive though.

Sponsored

Hooper

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan rogue, have reservation for new bronco 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would think that they're trying to get you a bronco quicker. Perhaps bumps someone else to get you yours.

11clayton

Black Diamond
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
“In discussion” sounds like a canned message meaning a generic response they’re pushing to keep the public relations audience happy. The bit about your lease sounds positive though.
I just got off the phone a minute ago w them and they said the same thing....that shipping is "in discussion" and it's a confirmed change from what they can see on their end.

11clayton

Black Diamond
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I couldn't take it anymore and fired off a few tweets last week sharing my level of unhappiness with my Bronco being in limbo for the last month. Ford DM'd me and asked for some specific info (likely to verify I am indeed a legit reservation holder) then responded with this:
"Thank you for getting that information for me, Jamie. I will be escalating this case to our specialized Vehicle Reservation team. Your case number is CAS-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXX. For direct assistance regarding your case, I recommend contacting the Marketing Program Headquarters (MPH) at 1-800-334-4375, option 3. Marketing hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday). Will A. Ford Service Team"

This was last Thursday.
I called today to see if this effort could yield any results and the person I spoke to on the phone looked up my vehicle and said, "I see it is in discussion currently so you should expect to see some sort of communication via email or through the Ford Tracker soon." I asked her what she meant by it is "in discussion" and she said that if that field on her screen is blank, she would not be comfortable telling the customer anything related to timing. If the field has that message (in discussion) her experience has been that the customer is notified of movement in the system via email and or tracker.

I am just curious what "in discussion" means exactly. It is an odd term to use and I asked her a couple of times about it and she repeated that specific phrase so I believe her system actually says "in discussion".

Has anyone else taken this approach? Using social media to escalate their case? If so, what was your experience like? Did you receive any useful information on your Bronco?
I got same reply a few minutes ago. I've been calling daily since 8/2 and this is the first time they've said anything other than, "I can see it's built but I have no further info"

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think that they're trying to get you a bronco quicker. Perhaps bumps someone else to get you yours.
Well, that's not cool.
I mean I am a day one (early, within the first hour) reservation so....As long as I bump someone LATER than me then I'm fine with that.

Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you forgot the wink emoji?

BeastMode

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

This was last Thursday.

I spoke with Ford Canada last week and he said he was escalating my case as well and someone would call me back within 4 business days. He ended up calling me back a few mins later and said that because my build doesn't have an eta his supervisor said they can not escalate it. My dealership can see that it was produced on July 15th and they had a eta of July 19th.

brettf22

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I also went through the Twitter DM route. Told them my entire story of delays, checking the tracker constantly, etc. Same response: asked for more info, asked for preferred communication method, then told me a "Customer Service Representative" would contact me to discuss. When I finally got an email from this Customer Service Representative, the only info she provided was to ask ...

"Have you check vehicle status online?"

Oh, wait, we can check the status online? Who knew!

Obviously she hadn't read (or been told) any of the info I provided. It's been radio silence since then.

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also went through the Twitter DM route. Told them my entire story of delays, checking the tracker constantly, etc. Same response: asked for more info, asked for preferred communication method, then told me a "Customer Service Representative" would contact me to discuss. When I finally got an email from this Customer Service Representative, the only info she provided was to ask ...

"Have you check vehicle status online?"

Oh, wait, we can check the status online? Who knew!

Obviously she hadn't read (or been told) any of the info I provided. It's been radio silence since then.
Call back!
Also, on Twitter did they give you a case number to reference?

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you asked to speak to their manager yet?

Ford Bronco Called Ford Marketing Got a Weird Answer 1628525114752
Sponsored