Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I keep my Bronco garaged. I didn’t get to drive it for about a week and when I took it out the touch screen was dead. No radio, no anything. I tried the reset, radio power button with right seek button. Nothing. Just curious if anyone else has the problem. I know I could disconnect the negative power and see if that helps, but I want it documented and Ford to fix it. Just in case it turns into a recurring problem.
Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Best bet is to take it to Ford, if you want, DM your VIN and I can run Diag on it to get some information. It wont supply much, but it'll help when discussing with your dealer

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I keep my Bronco garaged. I didn’t get to drive it for about a week and when I took it out the touch screen was dead. No radio, no anything. I tried the reset, radio power button with right seek button. Nothing. Just curious if anyone else has the problem. I know I could disconnect the negative power and see if that helps, but I want it documented and Ford to fix it. Just in case it turns into a recurring problem.
Hello! Could you privately message us a with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to look into this touch screen concern. Thank you!

CentralFLBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm curious how this will turn out. I'm currently waiting on my MY22 Big bend and I'm wondering if this the holdup for it being on ice/mud mountain since January.

When did you get your BB @Bertbronco ?

OP
OP
Bertbronco

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm curious how this will turn out. I'm currently waiting on my MY22 Big bend and I'm wondering if this the holdup for it being on ice/mud mountain since January.

When did you get your BB @Bertbronco ?
It was done beginning of December. Never went on Ice Mtn.

Sponsored

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My 21 First Edition always has some kind of electrical glitch.
I've had black out screens, random flickering on the screen, and also lag.

I also had many times, almost everyday where my lights would flicker as if I am pressing lock on my key fob. Except, it flicks very quick and my keys aren't being used.

I also had a time where I have it on 'D' (drive) but the D icon wasn't lit up. I wiggled the gear selector just to make sure I am actually in gear, and yes it was.

I haven't reached out to the dealers yet as they always want to see it being replicated but these instances are just completely random. I only get to see my Bronco lights flicker because I'm at my office at 3:30 am and my Bronco sits in the warehouse, literally within 15 yards from my desk window facing the warehouse.

No aftermarket parts were added.

OP
OP
Bertbronco

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also had many times, almost everyday where my lights would flicker as if I am pressing lock on my key fob. Except, it flicks very quick and my keys aren't being used.

I also had a time where I have it on 'D' (drive) but the D icon wasn't lit up. I wiggled the gear selector just to make sure I am actually in gear, and yes it was.

I haven't reached out to the dealers yet as they always want to see it being replicated but these instances are just completely random. I only get to see my Bronco lights flicker because I'm at my office at 3:30 am and my Bronco sits in the warehouse, literally within 15 yards from my desk window facing the warehouse.

Hello! Could you privately message us a with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to look into this touch screen concern. Thank you!
Random problems are the worst issues. I had the same problem with my 2019 Titan. My screen is just completely dead. Hope yours gets figured out.

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Random problems are the worst issues. I had the same problem with my 2019 Titan. My screen is just completely dead. Hope yours gets figured out.
Let's hope Ford can figure out the rattle first hahaha

CentralFLBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It was done beginning of December. Never went on Ice Mtn.
Well that's a plus for us both I guess. Hopefully Ford gets you taken care of in a timely manner

tgalietti

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same issue here, it is surely a faulty APIM that have been well documented as troublesome in Sync Gen 4. Right now the parts are on back order with no known ETA. My Big Bend has been without a working infotainment for over a month now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bertbronco

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same issue here, it is surely a faulty APIM that have been well documented as troublesome in Sync Gen 4. Right now the parts are on back order with no known ETA. My Big Bend has been without a working infotainment for over a month now.
Not what I wanted to hear

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A outer banks I drove a couple months ago had a dead touch screen, still lit up though. Only options was to use steering wheel controls. Or plastic buttons below.

tgalietti

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not what I wanted to hear
My dealer told me that Ford is now having an issue getting the APIM's software bug coded properly now too. Apparently they are short hardware (like everything else right now), and it is no compounded with software complications.

OP
OP
Bertbronco

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer told me that Ford is now having an issue getting the APIM's software bug coded properly now too. Apparently they are short hardware (like everything else right now), and it is no compounded with software complications.
Hopefully we both and everyone else gets these issues fixed. I'm still really happy with the purchase and I got the extended warranty knowing we are first year builds.

Kim_Rn

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has been dead since 2/25, only 18 days after I took delivery… no ETA on replacement only the module… beyond frustrating.
Sponsored