Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You launch what is going to be a wildly anticipated model. New model, not an upgrade / reworked model with stockpiles of parts in warehouses.
  • Pandemic hits
  • Manufacturers shut down
  • Material shortages
  • Supply chain issues
  • people not returning to work (...and the wrong people who ARE returning to work)
  • Inflation (ouch)
  • $5.50 diesel (glad I sold my Super Duty)
  • Carrier shortages (see employees, diesel and material shortages)
Not the best time to be anxious to get much of anything. Had an M4 on order... same scenario with slightly better communication. I'm waiting that out to see what happens. Heck, even my new Honda mower is delayed (but my grass is still growing).

#CultureofNow
Speaking strictly from a build perspective, it is frustrating watching vehicles get parked, then watching identical build roll off the line and get delivered. Yes, I know all of the delays, and that it's easier to build on the line. That doesn't make it any better for the person affected. Good for the 18,000 or so Bronco/Rangers built after 4/6 that are getting built/delivered. Not so good for those unlucky enough to draw the short straw of being scheduled for build on a day they run out of parts.
Sponsored

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So based on browsing build sheets with dates including 4/1 through 4/30, I come back with a total of 22,498 vehicles scheduled at MAP. I'm missing 3 days (Apr 2, a Saturday, Apr 11, Apr 22) So that number is likely at least 1500-3000 higher than that 22,498.

Total production was 19,211 Rangers and Broncos produced. Even if we pretend NONE were scheduled for those three missing days that means 3,287 parked. 15% of vehicles scheduled were parked. If we go on the low end of say, 750 per day on those "missing" days, it's closer to 24% of all vehicles made parked in April.

Of that, 36% of the number (about 1200) comes from our build week, the "unbuilt" 4/5 and 4/6. We appear to be the hardest hit week in April.
This is some good analysis but factor in blend date of 4/5 was originally supposed to be 3/21. Delays upon delays upon delays. What a clusterfuck.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is some good analysis but factor in blend date of 4/5 was originally supposed to be 3/21. Delays upon delays upon delays. What a clusterfuck.
Exactly. I was 3/21 then 3/28 then 4/4. GF just asked if we can look at Wrangler 392s.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. I was 3/21 then 3/28 then 4/4. GF just asked if we can look at Wrangler 392s.
I was also originally 3/21. The only way I could come up with more accurate numbers is if everyone went back in their build week spreadsheet and entered their actual completed “Built” day. I was just trying to provide rough numbers.

Last edited:

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So like me, your build week was bumped from 3/21 to 4/4. That doesn’t change anything as far as what Ford scheduled for April. Other than you were no longer a March scheduled build and became an April scheduled build.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mgraced

Outer Banks
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Somebody, not sure if it’s from this week, will be receiving a school bus yellow Sasquatch in the southern NH/north shore of MA very soon. Passed it in the carrier today on 495 north.
Darn. Not mine. But good for whoever it is!

OP
OP
Trilifter7

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I don’t get is how a lot of us in this build week are in a convoy hold when newer builds are getting shipped ahead of ours every week. It’s not like there is no convoy, just none if you’ve already been built and parked. I’m running out of patience for this entire process.

OP
OP
Trilifter7

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got off with chat again and after they told me I'm in a delay for convoy carrier I asked what that means. There response was "The assigned carrier to transit the vehicle is experiencing difficulties which is causing the delay." I know this response is not new information but it really makes me think there's certain lots than some builds go to that are assigned to one carrier and other lots to another and it just so happens that later week builds go to carrier lots that are worse than others at getting vehicles shipped out. I left a negative review after that chat and it actually made me feel a little better. I am going to continue leaving negative reviews as I check daily until it gets delivered.

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's updated to shipped... got rail car from Ford chat and called CSX to find out the rail is still in Detroit area. So basically it could sit there for a while or start it's journey tomorrow haha.
SO, I got the rail car information as well and it was sitting in Wallbridge, OH scheduled delivery (this is the rail car mind you) to Blue Island, IL on 5/6. From what I can gather CSX rail system does not even go to Texas (Dallas here). Maybe I am wrong, but does it change trains or carriers or am I looking at the wrong CSX?

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just called CSX and apparently the railcar arrived in Wallbridge, Ohio this morning but is scheduled for Indiana arrival on the 9th. It seems the ETA of 5/19 - 5/25 in Austin is about accurate although I don't want to get my hopes up.
What was your rail car initials and number? Was told mine was in Wallbridge due to be in Blue Island IL on Friday the 6th.. Dallas here...

Sponsored

OL SKUUL

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BL 7speed 2d, 22 Rivian R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The thing to remember is that they are not the company shipping the car, in the same way that you are not Fedex when you pay them to ship something. They contracted a shipper to have something shipped, and the customer has relatively little control over contractors. If you've ever tried to get Fedex to track something down, you know how hard it can be to get solid information from them (why has my overnight package been sitting in Pennsylvannia for a week, Sharon?). I'm sure you're getting all the information that Ford has access to.
Yes, I get that. But they were telling me it was still in production on hold. So, it was in their possession, not shipping. And still they told me to see if the dealer had more info. Second time they did that.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless I hear anything prior to the ETA (5/13) I've been given, I'm 100%, definitely, will not, no way, uh-uh checking to see if my ETA has changed. No sirreee, not me.

I will say with the lack of deliveries in this thread, it's kept @Ford Motor Company away!
You get a new ETA!

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where'd all our delivered 4/4 friends go? Oh, they're out enjoying their Broncos! I have a buddy that's out in Moab this week, he sent me a picture of the Offroadeo site. He's out there in his Rubicon 4xe that he ordered in August, received in October.

Rev314159

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What was your rail car initials and number? Was told mine was in Wallbridge due to be in Blue Island IL on Friday the 6th.. Dallas here...
UCRY - was in Walbridge, OH on Monday, in Blue Island, IL right now. Going to Odessa, TX.