Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a OBX 2Dr reservist and, with all the other things to focus on, the importance of grille design and color is rocketing up my list of requirements. I'm becoming disenchanted with the OBX and starting to swoon over the retro-looking "6-Slot" grilles found on the Big Bend & Wildtrak. Purchase decision will not be based solely on the grille but one of many other factors. (The OBX tube step--which I wanted--is not winning me over anymore either in part to the red OBX 4-Dr Fishing Concept which I shall call the "Bronco Explorer". No dice.)

I'm also digging the brighter grille colors than the black on several trims; even the carb gray looks damn good. (See below) And, not sure what the contraption blocking the upper middle slot on the OBX and other trims is (Active grille shutters?) It detracts from the look.

Q: Has anyone "in the know" seen or heard if grille design and color will be an option? I haven't seen it mentioned as an option but I'm not in the know with the cool kids. I knew Ford is updating the specs on their website about standard/optional equipment.

Ford Bronco Grilles...oh those Friggin' Grilles! BRONCO 4DR CACTUS GRAY-BLACK
Ford Bronco Grilles...oh those Friggin' Grilles! BRONCO 4DR CACTUS GRAY-WHITE
Sponsored

Last edited:

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm a OBX 2Dr reservist and, with all the other things to focus on, the importance of grille design and color is rocketing up my list of requirements. I'm becoming disenchanted with the OBX and starting to swoon over the retro-looking "6-Slot" grilles found on the Big Bend & Wildtrak.

I'm also digging the brighter grille colors than the black on several trims; even the carb gray looks damn good. (See below)

BRONCO 4DR CACTUS GRAY-BLACK.jpeg
BRONCO 4DR CACTUS GRAY-WHITE.jpeg
These pics are the same exact truck. The pic on the left has been heavily altered photoshopped to make the grill, door handles, and hard top to appear darkened.
Also the Outer Banks does come with this same 6 slot grill.
Also the grills are swappable between all the models.
It will likely be one of the easiest and cheapest mods to get the grill you want and paint it any color you want.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Surely you will eventually just be able to buy whichever you want and swap it. I wouldn't let it play a role in the trim decision. And of course, you can paint it any color you want.

I've not yet heard anything about these being "options". Might be able to get the dealer to swap it for you though. If they are able to source the parts when you go to pick yours up.

OP
OP
BroncOBX

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These pics are the same exact truck. The pic on the left has been heavily altered photoshopped to make the grill, door handles, and hard top to appear darkened.
Also the Outer Banks does come with this same 6 slot grill.
Also the grills are swappable between all the models.
It will likely be one of the easiest and cheapest mods to get the grill you want and paint it any color you want.
Understand completely and aware of that...just illustrating the appeal of different colors whether the image was 'Shopped or not. I also get the OBX is a 6-slotter too; just haven't been impressed with the black. Looking forward to B&P to actually spec this thing out.

OP
OP
BroncOBX

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Surely you will eventually just be able to buy whichever you want and swap it. I wouldn't let it play a role in the trim decision. And of course, you can paint it any color you want.

I've not yet heard anything about these being "options". Might be able to get the dealer to swap it for you though. If they are able to source the parts when you go to pick yours up.
Trim decision will not be based solely on the grill which will be an easy mod. Many many other factors in play as well.

Sponsored

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The gloss black grill on the OBX is really unmatched with the other matte black components. I'm going to be embarrassed just driving it home from the dealership before I can get it properly painted or wrapped matte black.

Ford Bronco Grilles...oh those Friggin' Grilles! Rapid Red 2021 Ford Bronco NYC NYSE IMG_2063

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully I'll be able to order an additional Black Diamond molded-in-black grill as an accessory to show up with the truck.

Ford Bronco Grilles...oh those Friggin' Grilles! IMG_4307-2048x1536
This grille is the closest to the original generation. I am trying to decide between getting this and having it painted silver or going with the 6 slot in silver (like the white over cg concept) They are both bold, bronco and in your face. Can not decide! Thoughts??

diablo0813

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Using the Wrangler as a reference; I am guessing (and HOPING) there will be tons of aftermarket grille replacements that appear to be reasonably priced. As an OBX reservation as well, I have had this same "concern".

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncOBX

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Using the Wrangler as a reference; I am guessing (and HOPING) there will be tons of aftermarket grille replacements that appear to be reasonably priced. As an OBX reservation as well, I have had this same "concern".
Where are/were you SF? Im exUSAF myself albeit a different life ago.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully I'll be able to order an additional Black Diamond molded-in-black grill as an accessory to show up with the truck.

Are those signature lights with a BD grille? That's a good look!

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
The gloss black grill on the OBX is really unmatched with the other matte black components. I'm going to be embarrassed just driving it home from the dealership before I can get it properly painted or wrapped matte black.

I was noticing this on the side view with the glossy hard top (which I originally liked). It does not match the trim or B pillar. This pic of the grill even magnifies it even more.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My plan, if you can't choose grilles independently when ordering, is to pick up or order or swap a 6 slot grille and get it wrapped with the MD flag within, like, the first week or two of ownership.

There have been rumors that you can pick your grille but I'm not sure if that will be the case. There's also a chance there will be some more Ford Performance Parts options.
Sponsored