Sponsored

Rant: When will overpriced accessories stop?!

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is absolutely ridiculous.. I've said it before and will say it again... When will People stop paying companies a outrageous sum for parts that shouldnt cost more than 50$? Point being these:

https://www.rtrvehicles.com/products/rtr-foot-rests-21-bronco-all

I got all excited for foot rests then saw the price 170$ get the f*%# outta here. IT'S A FOOT REST. Rugged ridge will have a set out soon if not now for a quarter of that price.🙄
This one Is probably branding. However, I've seen it on other products and it grinds my gears eventually I forsee it killing the aftermarket, but then again an idiot is born everyday. Rant over 🙂
I clicked on the link, and it looks like price of your $170 foot rests have already shot up to $184.99! Better get them quick, they will cost over $200 by the end of the day! 😄

I think when these companies see Bronco's selling with $10,000-$20,000+ ADMs, its obvious to them that their customers are easy marks with deep pockets...
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is absolutely ridiculous.. I've said it before and will say it again... When will People stop paying companies a outrageous sum for parts that shouldnt cost more than 50$? Point being these:

I got all excited for foot rests then saw the price 170$ get the f*%# outta here. IT'S A FOOT REST. Rugged ridge will have a set out soon if not now for a quarter of that price.🙄
This one Is probably branding. However, I've seen it on other products and it grinds my gears eventually I forsee it killing the aftermarket, but then again an idiot is born everyday. Rant over 🙂
Like the Baja desighns xl linkable lights they use to be like 1700 but they raised all there prices there now 2045 get the fuck out of hear no way lights should cost that much but the sheep keep lining up handing over the money I also noticed there never on sale not to many company’s doing decent sales any more like Memorial Day I’m suspecting the rising cost in fuel prices and everything else is the culprit

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is plenty to blame. Just wanna call out something that I've seen prior to supply chain issues. When the first parts came out I thought they were way over priced

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cost is a huge part of why I try to build as much of my own stuff as possible.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not any more dangerous than driving with no door lol. Someone hits him it's not gunna matter
Well I have to disagree. Someone could bump into you from the side with no door and it would be fine. If your foot is out there on some peg with the same bump say bye to your foot.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

Get used to it dude, why do you think the price of everything is surging?

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Prices will come down with time. I remember when flat screen tv's were $15k when they first hit the market. I recently bought a better spec'd TV for $150. Manufactures have to re-coup their R/D costs. The Bronco is a new vehicle and manufactures didn't have a pervious model to work with. So, manufactures either needed buy one or compensate someone to use theirs. Once a Bronco was in their possession tooling is required.

A lot of these companies are rushing to be first to market. First to market is much more expensive that being second so they will charge accordingly. Think Apple in 2007 with the iPhone, at the no one paid retail for a cell phone. They were subsidized with a 2 year plan, but the iPhone was full MSRP.

If your second you can just reverse engineer the first. It cost much less for Samsung to build their variant. They had the iPhone to bench mark.

RTR is tripping with that price.

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to think like a business owner. There are not many Bronco’s on the road compared to any other vehicle right now, and not many Bronco owners are going to want speciality parts like doorless stirrups. So your target market is very very small and not really growing that fast. But you still have to cover R&D and make a profit.

Give you an example - Tyler Mason mentioned on a YouTube livestream recently that he has only sold about 300 BroncBuster tie rod reinforcement kits. I think his price of $400 is way too high for what you get. But these are not really flying off the shelf. Not many of the Broncos are going to get lifts to 37” tires where the weak tie rod will be an issue. He has employees to pay, website and infrastructure costs, R&D, and events to spread the message about his parts. He’s not going to be in the black for a long time. Not until there are enough Broncos to scale his sales up quite a bit.

Sponsored

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What I like best is this product is designed so you can "show boat" with your doors off. That's an incredibly uncomfortable position to have your leg in, if you're doing that your doing it out of spite. It's like "ape hangers" on a motorcycle. Some people just have to say"look at me" no matter how uncomfortable they actually are.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The lighting has gotten ridiculous light bars, pods etc. especially since 90% of it is slave wage made in China.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree that most accessories are way too expensive right now, but its early in the game. Once more of these companies have a chance to develop a lot of the same accessories, they'll start competing on price and things will get better I think. Quality argument aside, all the cheap off-brand accessories will also help take some of the market share and drive down the name-brand expensive stuff a little.

Looking forward to some of the stuff @Mabett had planned, prices are great, quality seems pretty good, and stuff available on Amazon is always a plus for me. I'm planning on getting his mudflaps for OEM rock rails and the MOD bumper winch plate.
Sponsored