First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn't there also a problem mating to a manual due to the engine's inability to drop revs fast enough and that it was deigned to optimally work with an auto?
That has to do with the computer control of the turbos. The 2.3 really doesn't drop revs fast enough either to be ideal. It's one of the very many tweaks that improves emissions (in theory) while negatively affecting performance.

Clearly the only real solution is for Ford to give us the 5.0.

jaiuppa

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr CG Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Took delivery on 5/24. Dealership was blown away by my sub ~$40K sticker and $2300 price protection. My first new vehicle and I am very satisfied with my experience so far, even after waiting almost two years. Below is a recent boat launch pic
Ford Bronco Base Mansquatch (Manual + Sasquatch) Broncos Have Begun Delivery IMG_7625.JPG

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I spent that price protection money and then some on a few ford accessories, but the base 2door Sasquatch manual is such a steal, that it should almost be illegal.

BBBronco

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Enough about the manual transmission. I just wanna know what tires those are on all the sasquatch images ford uses? They look like hot wheel tires.

But I keed. There just isn't a big enough market for a manual transmission to do the engineering needed to match one to the 2.7. The vocal minority just can't pay those development bills.

Basesquach with a manual at the dealer getting a couple of toys added. I captured it in the rain yesterday.
KCTD8zTl.jpg

Sponsored

BBBronco

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Enough about the manual transmission. I just wanna know what tires those are on all the sasquatch images ford uses? They look like hot wheel tires.

But I keed. There just isn't a big enough market for a manual transmission to do the engineering needed to match one to the 2.7. The vocal minority just can't pay those development bills.

Basesquach with a manual at the dealer getting a couple of toys added. I captured it in the rain yesterday.
KCTD8zTl.jpg
It’s a proprietary 315/70/17 Goodyear.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took delivery on 5/24. Dealership was blown away by my sub ~$40K sticker and $2300 price protection. My first new vehicle and I am very satisfied with my experience so far, even after waiting almost two years. Below is a recent boat launch pic
IMG_7625.JPG
I didn't get the full 2300. I still don't understand it. They gave me $800 off before tax and $800 off after tax. The excuse was that when i switched the order from 99'd in october to mansquatch it added the upgraded 4x4 and then i wasn't eligible. They said ford would not let them do it. So i got 1600 instead of 2300. Price was msrp, no adm, so still good and i let that argument go.

Price protection was the only hiccup in my purchase, otherwise stellar

I dont like to think about it, i probably messed up lol. Its all in the past

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Idk how more specific I can get than 315/70/17 🤷‍♂️
maybe a 12.5x35x17?
The math is 315 x .03937 if you want inches
Or 315/25.4
Cheers
Lol, it's not about what size they actually are, it's about what size they look like in the Ford promotional pic, that's what the comment was referring to. They look humongous in the pics on the build site, almost like balloons

I just wanna know what tires those are on all the sasquatch images ford uses? They look like hot wheel tires.

But I keed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BBBronco

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol, it's not about what size they actually are, it's about what size they look like in the Ford promotional pic, that's what the comment was referring to. They look humongous in the pics on the build site, almost like balloons
K

jaiuppa

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr CG Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn't get the full 2300. I still don't understand it. They gave me $800 off before tax and $800 off after tax. The excuse was that when i switched the order from 99'd in october to mansquatch it added the upgraded 4x4 and then i wasn't eligible. They said ford would not let them do it. So i got 1600 instead of 2300. Price was msrp, no adm, so still good and i let that argument go.

Price protection was the only hiccup in my purchase, otherwise stellar

I dont like to think about it, i probably messed up lol. Its all in the past
yeah they gave me $800 and then I showed them the ford website and they accepted the full protection. If i was in your shoes I would have done the same thing...still a deal and very exciting! nice truck man

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading all this joy reminded me how you can get a manual transmission on like every model except the Base in a 4 door!!! That makes absolutely no sense! Zero.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base