Badlands

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The transmission bell does not fit the 2.7 motor.
That's quite the "simple" answer.
It will fit if Ford decides to make it fit.

Now the real question...............will Ford offer a manual transmission that will meet the hp. and tq. ratings of the 2.7 ?

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand why they are doing it. Ford never intended to sell a manual Sasquatch and doing so added cost and complexity. If someone really wants a manual transmission Sasquatch, they should look at paying the full price for the package as acceptable because they didn't want to compromise.
I'm paying it and that's one thing I haven't really complained about. And your point regarding there being an extra expense to adapt the package to a manual would seemed to be pretty logical too. They also met demand.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

very nice
no options base
i went with the same but in blue

1C53E627-3530-4C46-B3CB-953D20CD1131.jpeg
The more I see the blue on a base 2 door mansquatch the more I like it and with graphics it'll be really cool. I could take the savings from getting Cyber Orange and do some cool graphics. I like the one with the bucking Bronco with grass along the rockers. Check out the one on Side shots....

But then I see a Cyber Orange one in the sun with a few extras and I'm just too confused to decide... And I can't keep going in to the dealership change colors, I keep having to add something as the real excuse and the color change is just an extra thing to do.

I've added the SAS & mod bumper, 2 deadly sins on the last two color changes. :ROFLMAO:🤑

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now, will the Manual ever come with the 2.7l???
No. The 2.7 has an integral bell housing, and it won't mate to the manual transmission.

Only really easy way for Ford to put a bigger engine in it would be the 5.0 which easily bolts onto the MT, since the 7MT is almost the same as the 6MT in the mustang. (same housing, different gears)

The MT can easilly meet the HP and Torque for the 2.7 (which is less than the 5.0 in the Mustang GT), it simply can't physically bolt together.

In the US, Ford is down to two stick shifts, the Stang and the Bronco. After that, your choice is buying from someone else.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No. The 2.7 has an integral bell housing, and it won't mate to the manual transmission.

Only really easy way for Ford to put a bigger engine in it would be the 5.0 which easily bolts onto the MT, since the 7MT is almost the same as the 6MT in the mustang. (same housing, different gears)
Isn't there also a problem mating to a manual due to the engine's inability to drop revs fast enough and that it was deigned to optimally work with an auto?

There was a detailed write up on it and how the whole design of the engine and it doesn't mate well with a manual.

Meals20

Base
First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Frontier, 2008 Focus, 2008 Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took delivery of mine on Tuesday. I am in love with it. The gearbox is tight, handling and driveability are way better than I expected. She's a head turner.

PXL_20220524_182912024.jpg

PXL_20220524_195439599.jpg

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took delivery of mine on Tuesday. I am in love with it. The gearbox is tight, handling and driveability are way better than I expected. She's a head turner.

Ford Bronco Base Mansquatch (Manual + Sasquatch) Broncos Have Begun Delivery PXL_20220524_195439599

Ford Bronco Base Mansquatch (Manual + Sasquatch) Broncos Have Begun Delivery PXL_20220524_195439599
Congrats! I will say I’m not in love with how short first gear is, but once you clear that first shift it’s as easy to drive as you could ever ask for

ultima785

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 Mustang, 2022 2-Door BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The long awaited Base Broncos with manual transmission and Sasquatch package (affectionately known around here as "Mansquatch") have recently begun deliveries! Congrats to the lucky few owners so far, and to all of you expectant owners!

Here's a Base Mansquatch owner who recently took delivery:
mine finally showed up yesterday after sitting at MAP for just about a month (which is obvi better than several months, so grateful for that). 7/15/20 res. so excite!!

Ford Bronco Base Mansquatch (Manual + Sasquatch) Broncos Have Begun Delivery PXL_20220526_195136274

Last edited:

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hear this, but to me, this is only an issue for a shade tree mechanic. If Ford wanted to offer a manual in the 2.7 they could have simply made a different housing for the manual transmission that would bolt up to the 2.7 bell housing. They could manufacture an adapter plate with a different length input shaft. They are a vehicle manufacturer, they have a ton of options to do it, but no real market to serve by doing it.

If you really want to bolt a manual to the 2.7, I'm sure some companies will come up with an adapter to bolt it to the bell housing. You'll likely need a longer input shaft in the transmission as well. Issues around getting the flywheel and clutch all set up. But if you have enough time and money you could do it.

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual Sasquatch was announced before order banks opened. So when you ordered the automatic, it was already known manual Sasquatch was a go.
right. But they also said ordering with manual will delay your build well into 2022. Which my automatic was pushed to anyway. 🤷‍♂️
regardless, first automatic car I’ve ever owned. Love the bronco. Not the transition so much. ;)

ultima785

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 Mustang, 2022 2-Door BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a few day from bringing Pokey home !my whole block is super stoked we might have an arrival bbq!
Ford Bronco Base Mansquatch (Manual + Sasquatch) Broncos Have Begun Delivery 1653667771364
😆 yo for real tho, I'm throwing a "sip and see" for mine (Corbin)! totally normal stuff.
Sponsored