First Name
Harl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 1989 B2s
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been in this rodeo for some time. I put my order in for a new Bronco like everyone else did. Then I got to thinking, who buys the first year of anything? Are people really surprised there are problems with the new Bronco? If you expected perfection from the 1st year or manufacturer, you must be new to this game. I'm dying to hear your response on why you bought a first year rig. A limited addition is one thing, it's a collector vehicle. But if you want dependability, wait a few years for the inevitable bugs to be worked out. Everyone howled for FORD to get the Bronco out the door, ASAP. OK fine, and this is what you get, what did people expect? From what I hear and read, many of the problem were for out sourcing the manufacturer of components. Never fear, FORD will get it right eventually. If FORD was allowed to do proper R&D, many of the issues seen today would have been dealt with before the release.
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reasons for first year from an automotive engineer.

1) Issues are covered by warranty
2) Cost reductions havenā€™t gone into place. Sound deadening, heat shielding, higher quality parts are typically the first things to go in subsequent years. EDIT: Iā€™ve got numbers on my temp knobsā€¦.
3) The bronco is adult legos, Iā€™m going to end up replacing most components anyways - looking at you tie rods.
4) Software bugs can be updated over the air. No need to go to the dealership for a flash.
5) *MAYBE many years down the line my 21MY may have a higher resale, like 64.5 mustang.

*highly speculative and Iā€™m never going to sell this truck.

Last edited:

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If no one purchased a first-year product there won't be a second year. If things go terribly wrong, I'm protected by consumer laws, credit protection, and an extended warranty. And I like trying new things. So I'll gladly be a consumer beta tester and Ford's quality control. You're welcome.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess because I'm an idiot, and let my emotions get the best of me.

No regrets!

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
the 2.7 had some serious manufacturing run problems (weak valves) like early 2.3 mustangs and RSs did (head gaskets), but that's about it by my read. yeah sure, order process and top suppliers. whoop-de-do

about the only actual design flaw I see is the inability to keep dirt off the sides of it without whopper-sized mud flaps

forums amplify a relatively few voices. ever owned a land rover or any bmw less than 10 years old? yikes

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought, knowing there could be bugs. But I went in knowing that if there were any issues Ford would cover them under warranty. And then I purchased an extended warranty on top of that because we donā€™t have history on these vehicles. We donā€™t know that theyā€™ll last 60k and fall apart of 250k and still keep kicking. I had a Tundra before this and had no issues not buying an extended warranty because those things were damned near bullet proof. But with warranty Ford will make it right. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

The bigger issue isnā€™t warranty work. Itā€™s warranty work on a timely manner. We are seeing what buying a new vehicle during these times is really resulting in weeks or months of waiting for a part to get back on the road. And people whoā€™ve been in accidents are finding their Broncos totaled out because they canā€™t get parts at all.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#35 off the line.
Only complaint is itā€™s severely under powered compared to the zo6 and zr1.

I like first year models because they usually come with little items that eventually disappear in the years following. But thats only select vehicles.

Ford Bronco Who buys a 1st year anything? 72143273-D096-4077-880F-AE82B32C3424

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Retro vehicles look great for about 3 years, then their luster wears away.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Retro vehicles look great for about 3 years, then their luster wears away.
True. But i don't see the new bronco as a retro remake at all. All the things i thought i would miss about my 88 bronco i don't even think about now.

ONLY thing nostalgic that i miss is the folding quarter windows and fold down bench seat. But really, it's an all new vehicle so impossible to compare

Sponsored

SASProbie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windup Toy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I suspect that this question is intended for the vehicles that come out. However, it is such a broad question, I will answer this way...

If one stops and thinks about it. We buy quite a few items that are 1st year items. Tools that come and go, computers, tech, clothing and so on.

Seems to work out just fine.

Manufactures never go into 1st year production expecting a pile of failures. In fact, they may be more guilty of trying to prevent them than anything.

Yeah sure, we can point to issues.

Every home is new at some point. And even build styles/techniques/requirements change constantly.

So really. What is "1st"? Everything is a knock off of prior work and lessons are constantly learned.

YMMV...

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the 2.7 had some serious manufacturing run problems (weak valves) like early 2.3 mustangs and RSs did (head gaskets), but that's about it by my read. yeah sure, order process and top suppliers. whoop-de-do

about the only actual design flaw I see is the inability to keep dirt off the sides of it without whopper-sized mud flaps

forums amplify a relatively few voices. ever owned a land rover or any bmw less than 10 years old? yikes
this is your answer. the problems are on par with other releases, biggest real issue us inability to produce and ship. i'd do it again given the opportunity or for 7g.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be honest... my kids are now old enough for skiing/camping/hiking/off-roading/etc. They'll only be in my house for so long and I don't want to lose those years while I wait around for the bugs to be fixed.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First year Bronco owners came away with the temperature numbers in the climate control knobs. Looks like they came out the winners, those lucky bastards. LOL. Other then that, the only difference between my 22 and a 21 is the year indicated on the title and VIN.
Sponsored