First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Pony
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Supposedly only 1 more allocation and then 2 wholesale allocations happening for my dealer...I'm not optimistic based on that considering this last one included 0 Broncos.
Can someone explain the whole allocation thingy cuz my dealer makes it clear as mud. What’s considered and allocation and then a wholesale allocation?
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Can someone explain the whole allocation thingy cuz my dealer makes it clear as mud. What’s considered and allocation and then a wholesale allocation?
My understanding is that allocation relates to orders and wholesale relates to dealer stock.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For the Raptor dealers received any of three different kinds of allocations:
  1. Un-produced First Edition customer sat make up allocations
  2. Golden tickets for earliest interested reservation holders at the dealer
  3. Dealer general allocations
For example my dealer received 3 number twos and 3 number threes. All of their number twos were prioritized by the dealer when Ford gave them production slots in the first two schedulings. All three have VINs (albeit build dates have slipped three months). Next time Ford schedules Raptors and asks my dealer to submit one for a production slot, it will be a number three.

I should say here that my dealer told Golden Ticket holders no ADM and prioritized them to schedule first. ❤

Other’s are not as lucky and their dealers may be prioritizing highest ADM bidders regardless of allocation type first.

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Pony
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My understanding is that allocation relates to orders and wholesale relates to dealer stock.
K. Soooo, my order was a dlr alloc (first day walk in, not GT) for which I signed and gave deposit$, got my order conf. and FoMoCo email. Today dlr txts me, says they found out they won’t now be getting “allocations”. Makes it sound like they’ll just get theIr 6 GT orders only. Admittedly I may not be understanding what he’s trying to say as he’s fully confusing, but my question is, can a dlr have an initial allocation that’s now a converted first day order pulled from them by Ford at this late stage in the game? Or, maybe is there a way my dlr mite be trying to pull my alloc and sell out from under me at premium adm or something eventhough I’m a converted order with multi thousands $down? Dlr makes it sound like it’ll all be ok since the ‘23 order banks are about to open up though. If either scenario is case, W-in-T-actual-F?

Obviously I need a sit down with dlr but want to be educated to what may be happening beforehand.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

K. Soooo, my order was a dlr alloc (first day walk in, not GT) for which I signed and gave deposit$, got my order conf. and FoMoCo email. Today dlr txts me, says they found out they won’t now be getting “allocations”. Makes it sound like they’ll just get theIr 6 GT orders only. Admittedly I may not be understanding what he’s trying to say as he’s fully confusing, but my question is, can a dlr have an initial allocation that’s now a converted first day order pulled from them by Ford at this late stage in the game? Or, maybe is there a way my dlr mite be trying to pull my alloc and sell out from under me at premium adm or something eventhough I’m a converted order with multi thousands $down? Dlr makes it sound like it’ll all be ok since the ‘23 order banks are about to open up though. If either scenario is case, W-in-T-actual-F?

Obviously I need a sit down with dlr but want to be educated to what may be happening beforehand.
Judging from how the history of this launch has gone I would say yes it is entirely possible that the dealer does not have the amount of allocation to fulfill all of their remaining orders for 22. I'm sure there are others that will disagree or may know more but that is what I have been able to gather from all of this nonsense.

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Im staring to wonder if there's a glitch in the system where a dealer can submit an order, but in reality don't have the allocation and the customer still gets an email from FORD.

Last edited:

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
With the way everything is going, in regards to constraints/parts/delivery I just don’t see how those of us without a build date will get a 22 raptor in 22. I really believe some of us will get pushed to 23 at this point.

I really wanted to order a F150 raptor r just to see if it came before the bronco raptor.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
With the way everything is going, in regards to constraints/parts/delivery I just don’t see how those of us without a build date will get a 22 raptor in 22. I really believe some of us will get pushed to 23 at this point.

I really wanted to order a F150 raptor r just to see if it came before the bronco raptor.
Maybe the GT holders that are not built in ‘22 will get a Raptor R GT

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don’t know, but my impression was GT allocations were in addition to Dealer allocations. I also think dealer allocations are much more open to dealer discrepancy …

I’ll see if I can find out if my dealers non-GT allocations are now 23.

Sponsored

PaulMedik

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.valleysportspics.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My prediction is all raptors 22 Raptors get "scrapped" and all GT holders get '23
But that is a total guess.
Something strange is definitely afoot, It seems like they are trying to release a whole bunch at once or something

I did not have a build week prior to last week when they listed mine as week of Aug 29 2022. If they planned to scrap all 22 orders would they still be assigning build weeks the week of Aug 29?
My guess is the issue is not Ford, but the transportation of Fords to dealers.
My rationale is my WildTrak waited 2 months and five days after being built with no holds before it was delivered via convoy. Built Raptors may simply be awaiting shipping and are at the mercy of the trucking company.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don’t know, but my impression was GT allocations were in addition to Dealer allocations. I also think dealer allocations are much more open to dealer discrepancy …

I’ll see if I can find out if my dealers non-GT allocations are now 23.
This is based on the communication from my dealer and what has happened where I am at. My dealer got 3 GT allocations and that was it.

The first Raptor that they had scheduled was picked by Ford and the dealer had no say in it. It was awarded to GT based on however Ford decided. (He was a Day 1 reservation if anyone is interested)

The second set of build dates that were scheduled were based off of who the dealer picked to have put in. The Ford regional rep called my dealer and asked whose order to submit next out of their Raptor allocations. My dealer told them to submit mine.

I was not a GT winner, I got to take over a GT that was awarded to someone else but never responded to my dealer to complete the order.

I've talked to people who haven't had a single Raptor at their dealership get scheduled. My dealerships had 3 allocations and two have now been scheduled.

At this point I would be shocked if Ford was able to push all the original MY22 Raptors through. I just hope everyone who got an allocation is able to hold onto it going into MY23.

Last edited:

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is based on the communication from my dealer and what has happened where I am at. My dealer got 3 GT allocations and that was it.

The first Raptor that they had scheduled was picked by Ford and the dealer had no say in it. It was awarded to GT based on however Ford decided. (He was a Day 1 reservation if anyone is interested)

The second set of build dates that were scheduled were based off of who the dealer picked to have put in. The Ford regional rep called my dealer and asked whose order to submit next out of their Raptor allocations. My dealer told them to submit mine.

I was not a GT winner, I got to take over a GT that was awarded to someone else but never responded to my dealer to complete the order.

I've talked to people who haven't had a single Raptor at their dealership get scheduled. My dealerships had 3 allocations and two have now been scheduled.

At this point I would be shocked if Ford was able to push all the original MY22 Raptors through. I just hope everyone who got an allocation is able to hold onto it going into MY23.
That’s my dealer, talked to GM 2 weeks ago and he said they haven’t had a bronco built for them dealer allocated/ordered/reservation in 3 months.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s my dealer, talked to GM 2 weeks ago and he said they haven’t had a bronco built for them dealer allocated/ordered/reservation in 3 months.
I'm not sure how Ford is picking which dealerships get selected. I do know that my dealer does a high volume of Ford Performance vehicles, but I would have thought there would be a direct correlation to initial allocation and how many are selected each cycle... but here we are. Three allocations and two have been scheduled.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I did not have a build week prior to last week when they listed mine as week of Aug 29 2022. If they planned to scrap all 22 orders would they still be assigning build weeks the week of Aug 29?
My guess is the issue is not Ford, but the transportation of Fords to dealers.
My rationale is my WildTrak waited 2 months and five days after being built with no holds before it was delivered via convoy. Built Raptors may simply be awaiting shipping and are at the mercy of the trucking company.
Is it possible that Braptors only fit on certain style carriers? This would make sense on the delays to ship then.
Sponsored