Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ever car/truck I have owned has given me gearing options From factory. I have 4.10 in my Silverado and LOVE them.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread DFE9E4E5-06B7-4F2E-BE49-9780301B07FC

It’s more common than you would think. Obviously I don’t have any facts from ford but I got my mustang with 4.10 from the factory as well as my Silverado. Hands down the best modification to the vehicle. Blows the doors off identical models with stock gearing. Doubt ford will let you go past 4.7 but I wouldn’t bet against that.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread DFE9E4E5-06B7-4F2E-BE49-9780301B07FC

It’s more common than you would think. Obviously I don’t have any facts from ford but I got my mustang with 4.10 from the factory as well as my Silverado. Hands down the best modification to the vehicle. Blows the doors off identical models with stock gearing. Doubt ford will let you go past 4.7 but I wouldn’t bet against that.
I hope your right, but the Bronco pdf is very clear that this is not the case.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I am able to option for the 4.70 gearing with the auto and 2.7 on the Badlands then I have 0 reason left to get the Sasquatch package. I hope this is the case. Wouldn't even mind if it is only an option with the tow package.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread 2CD8DD37-9D08-4BD9-B332-6283853058C2

Ok ya I see what you are saying. Wow that would be a dick move.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still $6K is a lot of extra $$$ for shocks, grille, and aluminum wheels. The display would appear to be the same.

You're adding FSB disconnect, locking front axle, automatic On-Demand 4x4, and LT285 instead of LT265 tires, and shocks, grille, and aluminum wheels.

Now if you add sas, it all starts to make sense. But without sas, for me, it's hard to see the value for the extra $6K.

Again, just trying to justify the $$$ difference between the Black Diamond and the Badlands. Shocks, tires, and wheels are easy enough to change and probably will be at some point.

The hard bits , FSB disconnect, locking front axle, automatic On-Demand 4x4, and grill, would be hard to source in the aftermarket (if ever). However, are they worth $6K to get? That appears to be the quandary.

The gauge cluster? Is it not the same?
Getting the SAS suspension without the fender flares also. The height / suspension will be different compared to the BD...

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will be able to choose your gearing separately.
Just curious where you got that from. As far as all the documentation goes, it only says the manual gets 4.7 gearing or sasquatch (auto). Never heard it was standalone unless you're talking goong aftermarket.

Sponsored

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where I kind of am is this... What's a better choice? A BD with Sasquatch or a BL without.
Obviously we all know the differences, but what's a better choice if the money is similar and they are optioned similar... :unsure:
BL... same suspension and height... nicer interior and exterior stuff + sway bar disconnect even though it’s not needed often... can keep the manual even = winner

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious where you got that from. As far as all the documentation goes, it only says the manual gets 4.7 gearing or sasquatch (auto). Never heard it was standalone unless you're talking goong aftermarket.
I’m basing that assumption on most other vehicles in its class having a few different gearing options. I am hoping that the first release of vague information isn’t all that’s available.
A man can hope

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m basing that assumption on most other vehicles in its class having a few different gearing options. I am hoping that the first release of vague information isn’t all that’s available.
A man can hope
Gotcha yeah I'm with ya. Saw what you posted on how Chevy does it and that would be awesome if we could pick gearing.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A man can hope
I know most trucks allow different gearing, but last time I looked at wranglers the gearing was tied to trim packages. So you could only get the 4.10's with the Rubicon package.

I think 3.21 was standard with manual on all other packages, but if you got the tow package with the manual you could get 3.73's. The 3.73 gearing was also standard with the automatic transmission. I think some early years of the JK you could also option 4.10's into the Sahara, but I am not positive... and I guess it doesn't matter unless you are buying used.

Things may have changed.

Edit: 3.45 gearing looks like it is standard on non-Rubicon models regardless of transmission or engine, but you can option 3.73's with the diesel and automatic on the Sahara models. Since when do those only come in 4 doors?

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From everything I've read it seems as though the gearing is already thought out by Ford and I'd be surprised if you could pick any gearing you wanted during a build. But who knows. I guess if you pay anything is possible.
Sponsored