First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder which vehicle will be more under-utilized nationwide, the Badlands or the Rubicon?
On a volume basis it's going to take a while before Ford sells enough Badlands to match the install base of the Rubicon, so I'd say Rubicon for quite a while.
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
On a volume basis it's going to take a while before Ford sells enough Badlands to match the install base of the Rubicon, so I'd say Rubicon for quite a while.
always consider such questions on a percentage basis

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They are the best thing in life : now the bonus - is getting a toy back... until my son grows up and wrecks it! Circle of life.?
That is not what's best in life.

It's like you don't even know what's best in life.
Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread giphy3

What IS best in life?

TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATION OF THEIR WOMEN

SoLo

First Edition
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What I've been needing to know to make a better decision on what model I want is ................................................................................ Will the sway bar disconnect on the Badlands work with a lift kit? or am I going to render it useless and have to buy aftermarket disconnects anyway, which means I should probably build out a Black Diamond instead?

Sponsored

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ever car/truck I have owned has given me gearing options From factory. I have 4.10 in my Silverado and LOVE them.
You can upgrade just like you can here but that is tied with trims and options.

You can’t build a Silverado with 3.73 locking axle without adding a certain engine and options.

What you are saying is misleading.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can upgrade just like you can here but that is tied with trims and options.

You can’t build a Silverado with 3.73 locking axle without adding a certain engine and options.

Agree to disagree on it being misleading

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree to disagree on it being misleading
Ok but on a Silverado or F-150 if you change gearing you add or remove other options. You don’t just do it standalone. That’s what your post made it seem like imo.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[/QUOTE]
What I've been needing to know to make a better decision on what model I want is ................................................................................ Will the sway bar disconnect on the Badlands work with a lift kit? or am I going to render it useless and have to buy aftermarket disconnects anyway, which means I should probably build out a Black Diamond instead?
Whoa, that’s the first I’ve heard of that! It that for real? The singular reason I’m on the Badlands train is for the swaybar disconnect. However I’m also planning to upgrade to proper coilovers (2ish or 3” lift) eventually. If these two things are not compatible....

1: I’ll be shocked because I was assuming this would not be an issue.
2: If this truly is a conflict I will have to revisit my Bronco motivation.

All comments welcome to help us gain clarity. Cheers

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Whoa, that’s the first I’ve heard of that! It that for real? The singular reason I’m on the Badlands train is for the swaybar disconnect. However I’m also planning to upgrade to proper coilovers (2ish or 3” lift) eventually. If these two things are not compatible....

There is zero information on this at this point. We need to see what lift kits Ford offers directly to know more.

Last edited:

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok but on a Silverado or F-150 if you change gearing you add or remove other options. You don’t just do it standalone. That’s what your post made it seem like imo.
I understand your thoughts on my post but I still had the option. I didn’t have to buy a crazy package to get the option for 4.10. It’s a LT with the 5.3 and towing package. It came standard with 3.23 and had 3 gearing options. If I buy a 40k bronco why shouldn’t they give me the same options. Why is there 1 specific package that will let me select my gearing?

my comparison may not of been that accurate. Others have used the wrangler packaging as a better comparison but I still find that to be bullshit to not give the option from factory

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand your thoughts on my post but I still had the option. I didn’t have to buy a crazy package to get the option for 4.10. It’s a LT with the 5.3 and towing package. It came standard with 3.23 and had 3 gearing options. If I buy a 40k bronco why shouldn’t they give me the same options. Why is there 1 specific package that will let me select my gearing?

my comparison may not of been that accurate. Others have used the wrangler packaging as a better comparison but I still find that to be bullshit to not give the option from factory
You may think it “BS”...but almost no one expected that you would be able to pick and choose gearing options by themselves on Bronco. It’s not happening. When you said it would be available as if you knew...misleading was kind. False was accurate.

SoLo

First Edition
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

[/QUOTE]

I'm not stating anything.
I'm asking a question. I don't know how the sway bar disconnect system works on the Bronco, but was hoping someone with more knowledge about these type auto disconnect systems could give some insight on that matter. If I add a lift kit, will the (push button) stabilizer bar disconnect work?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm asking a question. I don't know how the sway bar disconnect system works on the Bronco, but was hoping someone with more knowledge about these type auto disconnect systems could give some insight on that matter. If I add a lift kit, will the (push button) stabilizer bar disconnect work?
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, I wasn’t smack talking ya. I Eff’ed up the quote / reply function somehow and mistakenly quoted the “misleading” comment from above. My bad. I’m in the same boat just hungry for fact based info. Cheers.

edit: weird....it’s doing it again. Quote function is messing with me. The quotes included in my draft reply are not the same as the posted reply and sometimes that impacts context. User error (me) likely. (Back slowly away from the IPad....)

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

[/QUOTE]
Yes, it will work.
Sponsored