Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this the thread where people that can't decide between the Badlands and Wildtrak go to talk about it?

Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread tenor
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm not stating anything.
I'm asking a question. I don't know how the sway bar disconnect system works on the Bronco, but was hoping someone with more knowledge about these type auto disconnect systems could give some insight on that matter. If I add a lift kit, will the (push button) stabilizer bar disconnect work?
Ford has not released any information on this so no one should be sounding the alarm bells! We don't know what Ford engineers did but we do know they have out designed Jeep in many areas. We have already seen Ford show us a lifted Bronco on 37's so of course they have taken the Bronco hydraulic sway bar disconnect into account for lifts. The first pic below is the stock Badlands hydraulic sway bar disconnect.

Worse case, if it end's up like the Jeep Rubicon electronic sway bar disconnect, how many SOLUTIONS of extended / adjustable end links are there? Check out the second pic below for one quick Google search.

Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread FordBronco_parts_22 - Copy

https://www.rubiconexpress.com/Susp...2.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=101&t_pt=4309&t_pn=R/ERE1132
https://www.drivingline.com/articles/jks-flex-connect-not-your-average-sway-bar-disconnect/
https://www.quadratec.com/products/16311_212.htm
Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread 1599473622451

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve read this in other places but how true is this? I feel like Ford will have this Bronco dialed in no matter if you get the 33” or 35” tires. I absolutely love the look of the 35” tires however I also know that I will “probably” never need the 35” where I am. And even if I do it will be rare. I know here in Canada the 35” will love the snow.

So will the handling trade off be worth it just for looks alone? We all know these are not GT350’s and I’m not expecting it to be. I just want a glorious off road vehicle where I can go anywhere and just take my time going there.

I feel like $2500 to Squatch the Badlands is pretty much the cost of the tires and I guess the upgrades rims. Not sure what I’ll do but the ride is what has me thinking. Do the KO2 AT even come in 35s?
Yes they do. but not offered currently with Ford. Best Tires ever!

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may think it “BS”...but almost no one expected that you would be able to pick and choose gearing options by themselves on Bronco. It’s not happening. When you said it would be available as if you knew...misleading was kind. False was accurate.
We shall see mr. gamecock ?

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes they do. but not offered currently with Ford. Best Tires ever!
Well, not that we know of. Hopefully, maybe, wishful thinking that this will be part of the "customizations" available from the factory.

It is very very wishful thinking. A buddy bought a Porsche 911 GT3 (for those that don't know, 200K car)...even HE couldn't pick his tires lol, he was so pissed off when he didn't get Michelin Sport Cup 2 (same as on the GT350R -- my car lol) ...he wound up with some Dunlop things he hated....for 200K, you'd think they'd give you the option!!!

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Until the FALKEN WILDPEAK A/T3W tires came along.
Are these better? I've heard amazing things and my tire guy was saying they're great...I believe they're cheaper too.

But I googled and people were complaining literally "chunks" of the tires were coming off when going off road. Now, I'm not sure if they were the Wildpeak A/T3W tires exactly ...I'm thinking they were the MT version.

The Falken's look so good. Are the A/T3W good in winter? And ya, I know they won't be as good as dedicated snow tires.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are these better? I've heard amazing things and my tire guy was saying they're great...I believe they're cheaper too.

But I googled and people were complaining literally "chunks" of the tires were coming off when going off road. Now, I'm not sure if they were the Wildpeak A/T3W tires exactly ...I'm thinking they were the MT version.

The Falken's look so good. Are the A/T3W good in winter? And ya, I know they won't be as good as dedicated snow tires.
Have them on my daughter's Nissan. No hardcore off-road, but the have great street manners and no chunking so far. Seem great quality.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

With all the research I've done on the Wildpeaks this is the first I've heard of "chunks". There are a number of other future Bronco owners who have said they will be running Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's as well.

You can see from my earlier review, below, it is a highly respected tire from a number of sources. I just did a quick scan of the 250 page Tacoma Wildpeak thead and just got a few hits on chunks, one from 2011. I know Falken redesigned them about 2015 so maybe the chuck issue was the first generation, here is the thread or just try google.
Tacoma Forums 250 page Falken Wildpeak A/T3W thread

Here is my original review:
Like a number of other users here I will be going with Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's, an easy decision after reading about them. I will either trade-in my stock Badlands BFGoodrich T/A KO2's to Discount Tire or sell them as take-offs. After reading dozens of tire reviews and user threads on Wrangler, F-150 and Tacoma forums, here are the benefits as I understand them:

Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's
Aggressive A/T for off-road
Aggressive looks
Great Daily Driver tire
Quiet on paved roads
Comfortable on paved roads
Good in Wet, Dry, Snow & Icy conditions
Do not hold mud and stones like KO2's
15% - 20% lower cost then KO2's

There is amazing love and respect for them on the Wrangler, F-150 and Tacoma forums, the Tacoma forums alone have one thread that is 250 pages long just for Wildpeaks. The Falken Wildpeak A/T3W is available in the lighter weight SL/P rated load range, the benefit is a more compliant and comfortable daily driver ride. But just because it has a lower load rating the side walls are still rugged and should stand up to many things short of dedicated serious rock crawling.

Further, when you compare the weight, the standard Badlands BFGoodrich T/A KO2, 33" - 285/70R17, the same ones that come on the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, which are load range C, weight 50.33lbs each while the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's weight 50.5lbs. So you can see even though you are comparing a more compliant load range SL/P (Wildpeak) to a load range C (KO2), they still have the same amount of rubber, which reinforces why the sidewalls stand up to respectable abuse.

For 80% of us future Bronco owners, 95% of our use will be for our daily driver, besides all the other benefits of the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's, they are rated #1 on the 1010tires.com owner survey, which is Canada's answer to tirerack.com, see photo below.
https://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Reviews/285-70R17

Also, how many legitimate five star reviews do you see on Amazon?
https://www.amazon.com/Falken-Wildpeak-AT3W-Terrain-Radial/dp/B01C53CMCS

Reviews and other forum threads:
Long Term Review – Falken Wildpeak A/T3W
Falken Wildpeak AT3W vs BFG KO2: Finding the Best Off-Road Tire
Falken Wildpeak AT3W Tire Reviews
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W vs KO2
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W vs Duratrac
Jeep Wrangler 285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

1010 Tires Reviews.png

eak-at3w-b-35-12.50-15-n892236-3__35810.1591797713.jpg

Wildpeak-AT3W-3-Quarter-copy.png

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all the research I've done on the Wildpeaks this is the first I've heard of "chunks". There are a number of other future Bronco owners who have said they will be running Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's as well.

You can see from my earlier review, below, it is a highly respected tire from a number of sources. I just did a quick scan of the 250 page Tacoma Wildpeak thead and just got a few hits on chunks, one from 2011. I know Falken redesigned them about 2015 so maybe the chuck issue was the first generation, here is the thread or just try google.

Here is my original review:
ah, could be from an earlier Gen. I guess you don’t get much snow in Texas...have you tried them in snow?

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So playing around with the latest pricing spreadsheets available on Brono6G, I have discovered that I can get a WildTrack with the High Package for about the same cost as a Squatched BadLands. Originally liked the idea of the BadLands suspension and the 33's. Since I live on the Gulf Coast makes more sense to have a sand capable rig. Not thinking I'll need the steel bumpers and bash plates. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

bronco247

Wildtrak
First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Hyundai Accent
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So playing around with the latest pricing spreadsheets available on Brono6G, I have discovered that I can get a WildTrack with the High Package for about the same cost as a Squatched BadLands. Originally liked the idea of the BadLands suspension and the 33's. Since I live on the Gulf Coast makes more sense to have a sand capable rig. Not thinking I'll need the steel bumpers and bash plates. Decisions, decisions, decisions....
Is it reaching 49k?

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get the Badlands. Nothing beats a fully optioned Badlands. No other trim level has a Swaybar disconnect. And it's got the coolest trim level badge. ?

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm asking a question. I don't know how the sway bar disconnect system works on the Bronco, but was hoping someone with more knowledge about these type auto disconnect systems could give some insight on that matter. If I add a lift kit, will the (push button) stabilizer bar disconnect work?

[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, I wasn’t smack talking ya. I Eff’ed up the quote / reply function somehow and mistakenly quoted the “misleading” comment from above. My bad. I’m in the same boat just hungry for fact based info. Cheers.

edit: weird....it’s doing it again. Quote function is messing with me. The quotes included in my draft reply are not the same as the posted reply and sometimes that impacts context. User error (me) likely. (Back slowly away from the IPad....)
[/QUOTE]

Whole lotta chatter about the sway bar disco. It's all covered in this thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...er-bar-disconnect-technical-information.5659/
Sponsored