Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn this whole thread is a buzz kill :( I’m going to stop thinking about it until B&P opens
Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn this whole thread is a buzz kill :( I’m going to stop thinking about it until B&P opens
lol, well I guess you could easily verify. If you can build and price an F150 with different gearing then there is much more likelihood that you'd be able to do it with a Bronco. Can an F150 be ordered with different gearing?

ewitz

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Rubicon, 99 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I built my old tj exactly how I wanted it... outfitted with American Expedition hardware and all! I ended up selling it when we had kids in carseats/ that stage ended this year :).
And that's the exact reason I don't have kids.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know most trucks allow different gearing, but last time I looked at wranglers the gearing was tied to trim packages. So you could only get the 4.10's with the Rubicon package.

I think 3.21 was standard with manual on all other packages, but if you got the tow package with the manual you could get 3.73's. The 3.73 gearing was also standard with the automatic transmission. I think some early years of the JK you could also option 4.10's into the Sahara, but I am not positive... and I guess it doesn't matter unless you are buying used.

Things may have changed.

Edit: 3.45 gearing looks like it is standard on non-Rubicon models regardless of transmission or engine, but you can option 3.73's with the diesel and automatic on the Sahara models. Since when do those only come in 4 doors?
Sahara's, Moab and Sport Altitude only come in 4 door. Independent of model selection diesel can only be ordered in a 4 door. I think 2018 was last MY for 2 door Sahara.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sahara's, Moab and Sport Altitude only come in 4 door. Independent of model selection diesel can only be ordered in a 4 door. I think 2018 was last MY for 2 door Sahara.
I guess that shows you how long it's been since I have considered buying any jeep other than a Rubicon ?

Sponsored

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like there are several Bilstein products with position sensitive damping. Do we know which product will be on n our BL?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

well they are definitely K02s

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BFG must have a patent on that tread pattern. Nothing else comes close, IMHO. Those upgraded wheels are pretty sweet as well. If I can't find white dog dish hubcap steelies prior to placing my order in December, I'm nabbing these and not looking back.

Sponsored

tarantularock

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / future Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And that's the exact reason I don't have kids.
They are the best thing in life : now the bonus - is getting a toy back... until my son grows up and wrecks it! Circle of life.?

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are the best thing in life : now the bonus - is getting a toy back... until my son grows up and wrecks it! Circle of life.?
You might be okay. When I was 16 I totaled my neighbor’s car with my dad’s Jeep (the same day I learned about black ice). The Jeep was not even scratched. I expect nothing less in terms of smashing power from the Bronco ?

Lawndart145

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When comparing the Badlands to lesser trims I haven't seen anyone mentioning the upgraded axels that are standard in the Badlands and above. That makes up for the difference for going for anything less than Badlands.

I'm going back and forth between Badlands 2.7 squatch and wildtracks.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When comparing the Badlands to lesser trims I haven't seen anyone mentioning the upgraded axels that are standard in the Badlands and above. That makes up for the difference for going for anything less than Badlands.
The axles are the same in the others if you Squatch them. It doesn't really make up fo the difference, in say a Sasquatched Black Diamond compared to a Sas'd Badlands ($4k difference with both having Mid pckg).