First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me it was the exhaust inlet pipe. not sure where exactly. The parts took 6 weeks to get in but once they replaced it. no rattle or noise. also filed a claim with ford and kept the ford people in contact with the dealership people to keep things moving. I have audio clips too or send me an audio and I can tell you if it is the same noise I was experiencing.
Sponsored

Prew

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 500 miles on 2dr base Squatch, I have also had the cold start exhaust rattle since new. It sounds like a loose heat shield, but I can't seem to pinpoint it. After vehicle warms up about 5 minutes the noise is gone. It is consistent every time engine is started cold. Hoping Ford comes out with TSB on this issue. If I drop it off at dealership, they can't verify noise till next morning.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you take a recording of it? not sure if we’re talking about the same thing but there is a diesel-like rattle that I thought was normal on every 2.3L Bronco.

lets everyone know I’m peacin:cool:

GIBhood

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 f100 and 2000 VW Jetta and ordered my bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Morning all,

just want to share that my2022 base bronco was/is making a rattle noise since I picked it up from the dealer with 30 miles. I thought it was normal but wasn’t sure so I took it in this week to a ford dealer I trust and they have confirmed it’s normal.

FYI, the rattle was only when cold and after about a minute it goes away with no performance issues.

The dealer said it was the secondary high pressure fuel pump. They sent me a video to show the exact location and noise.
I’m happy it wasn’t anything major because I love my Bronco

VDK

Big Bend
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello,
My daughter just picked up her 2022 Bronco with the 2.3 liter engine last week. I am hearing an engine knock when the engine is cold that to me sounds like a rod knock. This is the first Ford our family has owned and my daughter's first new car. Dealer service dept is supposed to return our call next week to set up an appointment. I hope they don't try to tell us its normal.
Has anyone with this issue pursued it and found a resolution?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello,
My daughter just picked up her 2022 Bronco with the 2.3 liter engine last week. I am hearing an engine knock when the engine is cold that to me sounds like a rod knock. This is the first Ford our family has owned and my daughter's first new car. Dealer service dept is supposed to return our call next week to set up an appointment. I hope they don't try to tell us its normal.
Has anyone with this issue pursued it and found a resolution?
Hello. I would like to take a closer look at your engine knock concerns. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer to get started?

VDK

Big Bend
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In case anyone is interested...2.3 engine noises- here is a video I took from the engine compartment on a test ride. Most of the clatter is the injection pump, I assume. That clatter is not my concern, it is the "rattle" sound that can be heard in the background at 2:42-2:43 and 4:24 - 4:28 and 5:27 - 5:31. It sounds like either pre-ignition or a rod knock. (btw my dad's 1980 Olds diesel was quieter than this engine-yikes)

GIBhood

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 f100 and 2000 VW Jetta and ordered my bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any update?

VDK

Big Bend
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First day dealer said they couldn’t hear anything unusual. Ask to ride with them the following morning. Temperature was unusually warm at 60 degrees when we did the test ride. I could faintly hear the noise when driving but mechanic couldn’t hear it. He checked the PCM version and it is at latest version. He wondered if it was detonation from bad gas but doesn’t make sense that it wouldn’t do it when warmed up. I ordered a remote mic for iPhone and when it gets cold again I will make another video.

sukabad

Big Bend
First Name
Garison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2002 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So mine sounds the same and I have always been concerned about it. It's a very diesel like sound. Seems too loud for a brand new engine. I haven't had my first oil change yet.

Sponsored

VDK

Big Bend
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have purchased a remote mic for my phone. When temps get cold again I am going to try to make another recording.

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got to jump in on this, temps have dropped here in Idaho and this last few cold starts I heard a strange rattle but almost sounds more like a throw out bearing on my manual???
Goes away once it warms up and sounds similar to what is being described in the thread.
Is this happening with the 10 speed auto also?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got to jump in on this, temps have dropped here in Idaho and this last few cold starts I heard a strange rattle but almost sounds more like a throw out bearing on my manual???
Goes away once it warms up and sounds similar to what is being described in the thread.
Is this happening with the 10 speed auto also?
Hello there! I can assist with your rattle concern if you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info.

VDK

Big Bend
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ours is an automatic and it is making a noise which sounds like engine pre-ignition, rod bearing or piston slap.

_jt

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Mazda Miata
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ours is an automatic and it is making a noise which sounds like engine pre-ignition, rod bearing or piston slap.
Same. Been almost 10k miles. 89 octane, 91 octane, stock tune, performance tune, same ticking ping noise. Drives me absolutely nuts.
Sponsored