Sponsored

Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD. Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s what I thought but mine came in plastic junk I wanted the steel
Yes, you should have at least got the one bybthe bumper as steel as well. The others yiu do have to buy. If want to go OEM check with @flip as great pricing and will let you know what you need. Otherwise as others have stated go Aftermarket. I'm a mix of oem and RCI/JCR on my OBX

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I only see front steel bash plate on the photo you shared

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered an OBX with SAS, MOD BUMPER, thought that the steel bash plates were steel till I climbed under and to my amassment they were cheep plastic. One rock or snow drift and that cheep plastic skid plate would be junk. Has anyone else have this same problem? I have contacted my dealership to look into the problem.
3E68D637-4FBB-47C8-9A96-42BBB8F9195A.jpeg
Mine is definitely steel (just the front bash plate) and pretty well made at that but that is only skid on the OBX SAS.
I took mine off yesterday to put some real skids on it. I need better protection for Moab. RCI full skids underneath boy are they sure and upgrade!

Last edited:

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered the steel plates and they showed up plastic not too happy. It‘s on my window sticker
You got what you ordered the front steel bash plate off the MOD bumper other than that you cannot get steel skids on a OBX

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picture of your Bash Plate? I would expect the OBX bash plate to be steel and all of the “skid” plates to be plastic with your configuration.
If your bash plate is plastic then I would say that’s a factory defect.

Here is the steel bash plate on my Badlands.
Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed F5100D81-0E1C-4498-AF55-D87556207A74

The BL comes with full steel skid plates which start behind the bash plate
Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed 3EDFD676-6974-4715-AED7-89FBC92E1C98

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It’s unfortunate skid plates aren’t standard across all trims when you get the SAS Package. I picked up a Capable Bumper and ordered the skid plate kit…I like to stay OEM for some reason but sure would be nice for skids to be standard.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Sasquatch OBX came with the Modular front bumper, steel front skid pan and still skid under the motor. I ordered the fuel tank and transfer case skid and uninstalled them. I actually bought the four piece kit from Ford because it was cheaper than just the fuel tank one. Two parts left over. Oh well. I’ve never seen a modular bumper with a plastic skid.

Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed FE564BD2-CBBE-4140-885C-5F8B064BBEFC

Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed 7933C5A6-DA97-4CA4-8E37-B5711F45DCDA

Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed 839C214C-78FE-4260-A35F-E107793B39D6

Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed E050BB46-FCDD-4291-B91A-0806BC981772

25C2F4C9-13D6-4058-ABB7-F4F0B8A6FC9A.jpg

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s what I thought but mine came in plastic junk I wanted the steel
Did you have the mod bumper? If you did the plate right under it is steel the engine skid is plastic

Sponsored
OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you have the mod bumper? If you did the plate right under it is steel the engine skid is plastic
yes I have the mod bumper the skid is plastic

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread is like some of the conversations I have with my wife.

All my skids are plastic.
You only get the one that's steel.
Yeah, but ALL my skids are plastic.
Yeah, you only get the one steel and all the others are plastic.
ALL MY SKIDS ARE PLASTIC.
You got what you ordered.
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Maybe try typing slower. The plate behind the bumper is PLASTIC. If you say it enough times, maybe they’ll get it.

Last edited:

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You just wrote what I was thinking. I was reading this thinking...OP was pretty clear here.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is apparent that when upgrading to the Modular Bumper that it comes with a steel bash plate. No other skid plates come on trims other than the BD and Badlands.

We have only seen your window sticker but not your actual Bronco with the mismatched plate. Based on your description, it seems clear that it was a mistake and your dealer should have no problem correcting the oversight when verifying that you indeed have a plastic skid plate instead of the steel bash plate.

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is apparent that when upgrading to the Modular Bumper that it comes with a steel bash plate. No other skid plates come on trims other than the BD and Badlands.

We have only seen your window sticker but not your actual Bronco with the mismatched plate. Based on your description, it seems clear that it was a mistake and your dealer should have no problem correcting the oversight when verifying that you indeed have a plastic skid plate instead of the steel bash plate.
I agree we did need to see some pictures from OP. With the MOD bumper he should have got the steel bash plate it sounds like he got plastic. Take it to the dealer and get your steel one.
Sponsored