Sponsored

Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD. Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, I remember that all 2021 2 doors got the gas tank skid. I have not resolved the oil pan skid or transmission skid, but my front bash plate is the RC hidden winch mount.
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So for 800 bucks, all you get is the Mod bumper itself - AND you have to give up your factory fog lamps.

What a rip. šŸ˜’

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The December order guide for MY 23 says bash plates are steel. It seems you have a case. Keep us posted

Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed 3D0BB923-B149-4080-83F8-C876C1F0529D

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Picked up my base 2 door with mod bumper today. Plastic front skid instead of steel. šŸ˜• Iā€™ll add it to the list of things Iā€™m noticing (like the potential leak I noticed in the seal between rear shell and front panels on the MIC top).

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh my God! What else can Ford screw up on?
Ford needs a rep that monitors the 2 major forums so they can improve in so many different ways.
If I didn't want a Bronco so bad I would tell Ford to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
I better get a steel bash plate, this just continues to get better and better.
There are so many complaints about engines, hard tops, tail gates, electrical issues and now this.
Come on Ford get your head out of your rectum.
I would never buy another Ford product.

Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I tend to try and understand the challenges of a new model launch, along with high demand and supply chain issues. Itā€™s hasnā€™t been easy. I get that.

BUT, this one seems sketchy. I think they are shipping these without the metal front skid plates and counting on many people never noticing. Im sure the metal skids are more constrained/expensive than the plastic ones. If they can ship a bunch with plastic and only a third of those people notice (and request a replacement), they were able to ship more Broncoā€™s, and with components that cost less.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tend to try and understand the challenges of a new model launch, along with high demand and supply chain issues. Itā€™s hasnā€™t been easy. I get that.

BUT, this one seems sketchy. I think they are shipping these without the metal front skid plates and counting on many people never noticing. Im sure the metal skids are more constrained/expensive than the plastic ones. If they can ship a bunch with plastic and only a third of those people notice (and request a replacement), they were able to ship more Broncoā€™s, and with components that cost less.
I really hope that's not the case because that is really really shady... Hopefully just an error with the 23MY B&P not being updated with an intended update, to reflect the change.

Reactions: Cat

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really hope that's not the case because that is really really shady... Hopefully just an error with the 23MY B&P not being updated with an intended update, to reflect the change.
Well, this isnā€™t about the build and price. I have a window sticker and build sheet that both say it has a metal front skid plate. Itemized right beneath the mod bumper. Thatā€™s what I paid for. And thatā€™s what Iā€™ll be getting.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, this isnā€™t about the build and price. I have a window sticker and build sheet that both say it has a metal front skid plate. Itemized right beneath we the mod bumper. Thatā€™s what I paid for. And thatā€™s what Iā€™ll be getting.
Yeah I guess I used that term lightly, but meant that as well.. I agree you absolutely should receive what is listed and selected on your build. I just hope they didn't try to sneak that in hoping a lot of people wouldn't notice as opposed to some issue in the process of updating the changes for 23MY.

Sponsored

ernie3

Outer Banks
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.7 F350, 3.0 Q5, 454 C3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2023 OBX SAS, steel bash, steel engine skid and a subwoofer.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think weā€™ve ruled Sasquatch out of this issueā€¦

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, this isnā€™t about the build and price. I have a window sticker and build sheet that both say it has a metal front skid plate. Itemized right beneath the mod bumper. Thatā€™s what I paid for. And thatā€™s what Iā€™ll be getting.
Ford will say... Sorry, we added the mandatory Steel Front Bash Plate delete code FU40 and then credited you 0 dollars. We will give you what we want and you can pound sand or "No Bronco for you! Come back in one year" - the Bronco NotSee.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did someone say something about a missing subwoofer? Please no.